St James' Park

Delima

Called nine apparently @lee_ryder: Shearer's bar now set to be renamed NINE. #nufc

I get it, can't very well call it "Martins's". But we know who it's named for.

You'll flip for the aged beef!

Called nine apparently @lee_ryder: Shearer's bar now set to be renamed NINE. #nufc

I get it, can't very well call it "Martins's". But we know who it's named for.

You'll flip for the aged beef!

Probably let him write the menu too:

Nigerian suya chicken skewers

"We use only the finest chickens, imported from Nigeria. Chickens in Nigeria run. They fight. Rather than being weak they are strong and noble. You can taste it in their meat. It is tough, chewy, and flavoured with experience. There is little more satisfying."

I don't see why it's so daft to question the symbolism of removing a reference to a club legend from the ground. A club with a bit of class would have replaced one tribute with another. It's hardly comparable to the shite we've encountered since Sunday but it's another case where something has been clumsily handled, so they've dug their own grave with the press and can't complain when it's jumped on. Honestly, a bit of tact and intelligence on the PR front would do the club the world of good.

Terrible name but not surprised.. In fact I'm surprised his name has lasted so long. "Shearers" wasn't the best but it was good for away fans to mingle early in the day and its a fun name for them. Nine means nothing to vistors, and worst of all, it sounds shit.

Nice, and Im watching Cheers on ITV4 right now...coincidence? (answer: yes)

For what its worth, no-one I know drank there. I went there once and am certainly not in the slightest bit arsed. But according to the media, we're suicidal at the loss of the famous, historic, iconic 'Shearer's'.

Actual reaction? Meh.

Only ever been to Shearer's once for a pre-match pint. Was all a bit meh tbh but can't help but feel that St James' has lost a little more of its soul (and that's mainly down to the bar being the only sort of "tribute" to Big Al at the stadium).

Guest Craig-NUFC

The club are very lucky to have had a player like Shearer is such resent times. Very few clubs have such a prestigious player in their whole history, let a lone recent history.

He's Mr Premiership behind only SAF. Massive marketing potential, really.

But no...f*** that. Let's just go and ignore the fact we have a ready made golden nugget and try and dream up harebrained schemes. This club, man.

His reputation in this country has taken a hit because of what he says on MotD, and I suspect that there will be plenty of more popular players worldwide because he didn't play for the 'top 4.'