St James' Park

Delima

Bound to be against modern health and safety laws if they actually gave the gates a proper function?

Incidentally, are those slides thing actually happening? Or was it a joke?

Knocked on the head IIRC, just going to be regular landscaping. Lets not forget this was the plot of land next to the metro station, and absolutely F*** all to do with the club.

But a great excuse for the national press to indulge in their usual 'haha look at teh fat geordies on a slide, probly all covered in p*ss and drunk and fat haha, teh gerodies are funny lol"

Beggars belief that they can fuck up something so easy as putting gates up to the main entrance and just shut them at night ,but to put them up against a wall is nothing short of making us look so feckin embarrassing and a laughing stock around the world  :rant:

Beggars belief that they can fuck up something so easy as putting gates up to the main entrance and just shut them at night ,but to put them up against a wall is nothing short of making us look so feckin embarrassing and a laughing stock around the world  :rant:

Not sure if serious but I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the population will not heat about this.

Tbf to them, there was probably no place where they could both be on display in a decent place and serve their proper function as gates. :lol: Having them right in front of a brick wall is a bit daft, but there's no obvious place to stick them either.

Not sure if serious but I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the population will not heat about this.

time will tell on that

Struggled to think where you'd could actually use them as functioning gates, so it's as good a place as any.

Just think of it as an artistic addition to the ground, and as such I think they'll look pretty good.

...nothing short of making us look so feckin embarrassing and a laughing stock around the world  :rant:

Er... Nah. :lol:

Struggled to think where you'd could actually use them as functioning gates, so it's as good a place as any.

Just think of it as an artistic addition to the ground, and as such I think they'll look pretty good.

...nothing short of making us look so feckin embarrassing and a laughing stock around the world  :rant:

Why not bolt one on each wall so it looks like they open up to something?

They could have put them where they were originally.

O0

But there's no need for them there, or new gates anywhere.

So you think its ok to put gates against a brick wall at your house and not be the laughing stock of your street when people walk past  :undecided:

It will symbolize the entrance to the ground in the correct place but looks bloody stupid against a wall

The wall has even less need for gates.

They're not gates, they're 'cladding'. :lol:

And it's better than sticking them where you're suggesting, or somewhere else for the mackum tourists to clamber over.

And it's better than sticking them where you're suggesting, or somewhere else for the mackum tourists to clamber over.

Climbing wall for pissed mongs on a saturday night and they climb over and get knocked over by  :mick:

Climbing wall for pissed mongs on a saturday night and they climb over and get knocked over by  :mick:

Yup, not doubting for one minute that that'll still happen. :laugh:

So you think its ok to put gates against a brick wall at your house and not be the laughing stock of your street when people walk past  :undecided:

They're purely ornamental though, they're not meant to ever serve their purpose as actual gates. Laughing stock, have a word man. :lol: