St James' Park

Delima

If you're not going to tap in to the biggest resource nufc has to offer then why buy the club? Home support (in numbers and potential numbers) at times is all we've got to offer, it would be daft not to exploit that to help support the club financially.

An extra 15,000 seats would only generate another £10m or so a season (obviously ignoring any additional corporate space). It really wouldn't justify a new stadium which would cost hundreds of billions. Get SJP up to spec has to be priority number one. Next step would be to maximise any available corporate space and implementing safe standing. Then after that extending the Gallowgate (assuming it's possible with the Strawberry Place carry on) to bring capacity up towards 60k.

Guest neesy111

An extra 15,000 seats would only generate another £10m or so a season (obviously ignoring any additional corporate space). It really wouldn't justify a new stadium which would cost hundreds of billions. Get SJP up to spec has to be priority number one. Next step would be to maximise any available corporate space and implementing safe standing. Then after that extending the Gallowgate (assuming it's possible with the Strawberry Place carry on) to bring capacity up towards 60k.

:thup:

And we’re going to have an influx of glory hunters trying to get into SJP now too. It’s the way of the world. There will be a demand on season tickets that will see locals left wanting.

65-70k would be more than enough.

Also for a groundshare, it would have to be the smoggies, we’d never live it down going to the stadium of light despite the capacity being similar. We’d be dropping 15k capacity though.

Only other option would be 2 hours up the road to Murrayfield.. then we’d be gaining 15k

Which also might be a decent indicator as to how many we could get into SJP

If you're not going to tap in to the biggest resource nufc has to offer then why buy the club? Home support (in numbers and potential numbers) at times is all we've got to offer, it would be daft not to exploit that to help support the club financially.

It won't be for lack of desire, we'll run into the same problems John Hall did when he was trying to get permission to build on the town moor. Because of the position of the stadium, there's  very little scope to extend it now, although I'm sure the new owners would love to fill a 75k stadium given the chance. We'll get the same problems as Hall did, planning restrictions and opposition from conservationists. The only solution would be a new stadium somewhere else, and that would alienate the Saudis if you ask me.

That flat stand looks horrible.

Looks like less capacity than the east stand too? Unless it's just me.

I’ve been inside it. Lovely ground but that stand isn’t particularly big capacity wise. I’d say less than East Stand comfortably.

Love how the away dressing room is under the ultras/standing section. Boca fans jumping up and down attempting to drown out the team talks.

Guest neesy111

That flat stand looks horrible.

Looks like less capacity than the east stand too? Unless it's just me.

I’ve been inside it. Lovely ground but that stand isn’t particularly big capacity wise. I’d say less than East Stand comfortably.

Love how the away dressing room is under the ultras/standing section. Boca fans jumping up and down attempting to drown out the team talks.

They want to redevelop it a little, keeping the chocolate box layout though.

New ground S J Halls Castle Leazes plan cushty

If we were going to do things properly rather than tack on to the existing this is by far and away the best option.

It was only the impatience of SJH&Co who prevented really. If they’d played the long game they’d of got their way. Those that stood in his way were very few locally. Pretty sure they went to Sunderland for most of their signatures.

I was (am) a Freeman at the time and they were fully behind it and I’d imagine still would be. Was a trip down memory lane seeing the plans for the new ground as I remember getting a copy in a meeting at the time.

The area as a whole would’ve been much nicer but a few old shortsighted few (who are probably dead now) shouted the loudest. Just didn’t think they would’ve had the stomach to shout the longest.

Should’ve probably sent KK round their houses TBH. He’d of had them laying the foundations the next morning :lol:

Would the (potential) new owners not want to develop the current or build a brand new stadium as a way of further enhancing their reputation around the globe. The amount of wealth they have means any potentially small increase in matchday revenue is not needed. It would be more of a "look what we've done" scenario.

I don’t get why people want or think they will built a new stadium.

One of the reasons why they are buying us is undoubted because of our stadium. West Ham aside, their isn’t a club in the Premier League with a stadium as big as ours. There isn’t a club in the Premier League with a stadium as centrally located as ours either.

SJP will have been a contributing factor in buying us, and if they want more fans in the stadium then I think they would look into extending the Gallowgate end.

Guest neesy111

West Ham aside, their isn’t a club in the Premier League with a stadium as big as ours.

...what?

Spurs,

Arsenal,

Man City,

Liverpool,

Man Utd

All say hi.

I don’t get why people want or think they will built a new stadium.

One of the reasons why they are buying us is undoubted because of our stadium. West Ham aside, their isn’t a club in the Premier League with a stadium as big as ours. There isn’t a club in the Premier League with a stadium as centrally located as ours either.

SJP will have been a contributing factor in buying us, and if they want more fans in the stadium then I think they would look into extending the Gallowgate end.

Well people are only discussing it not demanding it but I’d suggest...

Want - Because it be (hopefully) better designed. Bigger and brand new.

Think - Because they have a shit load of money and we are the North East so would be relatively cheap and done without interfering playing at SJP whilst doing so.

It’s certainly not a priority though.

Guest neesy111

West Ham aside, their isn’t a club in the Premier League with a stadium as big as ours.

...what?

Spurs,

Arsenal,

Man City,

Liverpool,

Man Utd

All say hi.

They're not as big as ours, they're bigger.

:pow:

...what?

Spurs,

Arsenal,

Man City,

Liverpool,

Man Utd

All say hi.

Sorry, that sentence was supposed to end with ‘who are for sale’.

New ground S J Halls Castle Leazes plan cushty

If we were going to do things properly rather than tack on to the existing this is by far and away the best option.

It was only the impatience of SJH&Co who prevented really. If they’d played the long game they’d of got their way. Those that stood in his way were very few locally. Pretty sure they went to Sunderland for most of their signatures.

I was (am) a Freeman at the time and they were fully behind it and I’d imagine still would be. Was a trip down memory lane seeing the plans for the new ground as I remember getting a copy in a meeting at the time.

The area as a whole would’ve been much nicer but a few old shortsighted few (who are probably dead now) shouted the loudest. Just didn’t think they would’ve had the stomach to shout the longest.

Should’ve probably sent KK round their houses TBH. He’d of had them laying the foundations the next morning :lol:

I reckon if the same plans were put forward tomorrow, they would be rushed through, no questions asked. Tory government now innit.

Guest neesy111

...what?

Spurs,

Arsenal,

Man City,

Liverpool,

Man Utd

All say hi.

:thup:

Are West Ham even for sale?

Guest The Little Waster

The image on that tweet is what we should be aiming for . Staying at St James it will always have that unfinished look because of the stand we cant build on . Take it up to Castle Leazes as was Halls plan

...what?

Spurs,

Arsenal,

Man City,

Liverpool,

Man Utd

All say hi.

Never, ever, pick up a brick that you've dropped. You got it totally wrong - just admit it!!!!! and, no, West Ham aren't up for sale either.....