St James' Park

Delima

15 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

For now the UK regs are 1:1. I believe they're at 1.8:1 or 2:1 in Germany where they've established the safety.

That is interesting.

Of course we would have many more issues to deal with here, aside from the safety aspect....  Some people in existing seats inside of potential standing proposal areas will not want to stand and they would need to be moved so somewhere that is agreeable to them...  It is impossible to please everyone though.

On 20/12/2022 at 18:54, NEEJ said:

By the way, some feedback.

I contacted the club via this link.  They are called United as One.

It was quite simple to set up with them, I told them about my dad and they wanted to know the seat number, row etc in which stand and the arrangement was for them to arrange for a steward to bring the equipment to my dads seat before the match and get him set up with it.  I provided all of that to them and had a confirmation that we were all set.

The next home game was the Leeds match but, sadly the equipment was not delivered to the seat at any point during the game as expected so I am not sure what went wrong.  I am going to see what happens for the game this weekend and if they still do not bring it to us I will contact them again.

Communications have been great and all of my messages have been promptly replied to so I was surprised that the gear did not get sent to us for that game....  shame!

49 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

By the way, some feedback.

I contacted the club via this link.  They are called United as One.

It was quite simple to set up with them, I told them about my dad and they wanted to know the seat number, row etc in which stand and the arrangement was for them to arrange for a steward to bring the equipment to my dads seat before the match and get him set up with it.  I provided all of that to them and had a confirmation that we were all set.

The next home game was the Leeds match but, sadly the equipment was not delivered to the seat at any point during the game as expected so I am not sure what went wrong.  I am going to see what happens for the game this weekend and if they still do not bring it to us I will contact them again.

Communications have been great and all of my messages have been promptly replied to so I was surprised that the gear did not get sent to us for that game....  shame!

That is a shame! I hope it gets sorted because it sounds like a great service. Keep us posted as I'm sure it will be of use to other N-O members and their families. 

8 hours ago, Manxst said:

Doesn’t stadium standing areas have to be ‘one for one’ in relation to replacing seating, due to safety? Thought I’d read it somewhere? So the potential attendance wouldn’t be affected at all should the current stadium go to standing areas.

It would more likely reduce capacity at SJP as things stand. Chelsea installed safe standing behind both goals at Stamford Bridge and lost 500 off their capacity as a result and Stamford Bridge is pretty similar to SJP in terms of their East Stand being built in the 1970s and the other 3 sides being redeveloped at the turn of the century.

last month a new company was incorporated called Newcastle United Football Club Projects Ltd (companies house no 14525696) classified the Development of building projects. As you'd expect wor mandy and eales are the key people. Could this be significant? or could they just be building a statue of Shola? 

May as well just have a standing area in the seats - a 'no moaning if the bloke in front of you stands up' rule - and leave it as it is now.

Cant see how anything else isn't just a fad and a waste of time if its a 1-1 ratio to the seat

26 minutes ago, Mr Pups said:

last month a new company was incorporated called Newcastle United Football Club Projects Ltd (companies house no 14525696) classified the Development of building projects. As you'd expect wor mandy and eales are the key people. Could this be significant? or could they just be building a statue of Shola? 

Big things are coming 

43 minutes ago, Mr Pups said:

My guess would be for the training ground. 

Spotted this vermin carcass in the Gallowgate today.

Gallowgate Pigeon finally escaped the net was my immediate thought. But it also looks like it could be related to Bruno Fernandes.

Any budding Terry Nutkins’ able to confirm what it is ?

4500-B608-E979-4-A6-A-948-E-FB48-A798669

5 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Gallowgate Pigeon finally escaped the net was my immediate thought. But it also looks like it could be related to Bruno Fernandes.

Frank from Hellraiser. Just need to pour some Bovril on him to bring him back to life.

200.gif

ENJOY THE GEYM wasn’t there today, it was that blokey that was there for Man Utd last season, who couldn’t pronounce any of their player’s names.

He had some weird music choices to say the least. Played Freed From Desire and La Bamba, must think it’s 2017.

4 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Frog I think 

32 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

ENJOY THE GEYM wasn’t there today, it was that blokey that was there for Man Utd last season, who couldn’t pronounce any of their player’s names.

He had some weird music choices to say the least. Played Freed From Desire and La Bamba, must think it’s 2017.

Joseph Willock