St James' Park

Delima

One of the best things about matchdays is the ructions when some thick as f*** student drives down there and starts beeping their horn.

In all the years ive been going to the match, whenever i hear a car horn beeping at people you can put your house on it being a woman.

The back of the Gallowgate should have been closed to traffic for a short period post match years ago to prevent the farcical scenes that occur every game.

It used to be - no idea why they stopped doing it!

It mainly seems to be taxis anyway - surely if anyone knows when and how to avoid it, it's them.

Dickheads who leave early to go to their cars that are parked behind Eldon Gardens, then get pissed off with fans walking on the road after the match has finished, every fucking time.

Guest neesy111

One of the best things about matchdays is the ructions when some thick as f*** student drives down there and starts beeping their horn.

In all the years ive been going to the match, whenever i hear a car horn beeping at people you can put your house on it being a woman.

Usually someone who's been at  Barker and Stonehouse.

The irony of it all is that those who go to Barker and Stonehouse around a match being played will be those that objected to St James' being rebuilt on their cow field just up the road.  Maybe it's karma coming round.

I remember Sissoko driving along there the season we went down, he must have been suspended or injured and had been in the stands but left early then got stuck on Strawberry Place. People banging on the windows trying to get at him to tell him to fuck off etc.

Regarding this singing section, are people who are in the strawberry corner moving across. Or staying put? Will this new section weaken the corner from the past few seasons?

Staying put. Assume most will already have renewed.

Hopefully it'll mean two singing sections as opposed to diluting those who want to have some sort of atnosphere.

Regarding this singing section, are people who are in the strawberry corner moving across. Or staying put? Will this new section weaken the corner from the past few seasons?

I'm staying in the corner. If this new singing section takes off I might move up there the season after.

I'm staying in the corner, but there's a canny few moved up to the new section, when we had a meeting with Wor Hyem a few weeks back one of their lads had a list of about 90 who are relocating from the corner, non of them 'quiet'. I really think this might take off.

I've just moved to the corner! Never mind. See what next season is like then make a decision whether to move again. Hope it's still a good atmosphere in the corner as the view from there is much better than Gallowgate upper IMO.

I've just moved to the corner! Never mind. See what next season is like then make a decision whether to move again. Hope it's still a good atmosphere in the corner as the view from there is much better than Gallowgate upper IMO.

It'll still be good in the corner. It's been canny in there since the 1980s so a couple of hundred moving out won't change things too much. There are a lot of people in the corner who don't sing and it's almost 100% season ticket holders in there as well so there's not much can be done to improve things. The Gallowgate Upper has far fewer season ticket holder and has a capacity of 4k as opposed to the 1,800 you can fit in the corner so what they're doing makes perfect sense tbh.

Seems that Twitter rumours that we've shifted 40k STs so far could be accurate.

10k more than Sunderland (16,000) and Middlesbrough (14,000) combined then. Let there never be any doubt over who the only truely big club in the North East is.