St James' Park

Delima

Guest chopey

Is that a necessary trip....

Driving to Newcastle in the middle of a world wide lock down caused by a global pandemic that has killed thousands of people to look at empty skips...

You bet its necessary

Is the training ground big enough for expansion ?

If you eat into the Academy ground. They could potentially expand eastwards to East Benton Farm, but quite a few applications to build around there have been turned down IIRC.

manorpark[/member] will know

Guest godzilla

Skip watch is back  :lol:

Can you imagine- no Sports Direct signs  :sweetjesus:

Aye the good old 'skip watch' seconded only by 'plane watch'

http://i.imgur.com/mbxzmu3.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/ljiKPBh.jpg

You are wrong. Preferable to make use of that land but but not a necessity to extend the Gallowgate.

How? Explain to me how a Level 7 tier....with the exact same capacity as the opposing Leazes End Level 7 tier...could be added to the Gallowgate Stand when there are office blocks 60 feet away. Even if they could come up with some wizardry that created a floating/hanging tier of that size it would still block out the light for that office block and would thus be objected to by the owner of said office block.

You are wrong. Preferable to make use of that land but but not a necessity to extend the Gallowgate.

How? Explain to me how a Level 7 tier....with the exact same capacity as the opposing Leazes End Level 7 tier...could be added to the Gallowgate Stand when there are office blocks 60 feet away. Even if they could come up with some wizardry that created a floating/hanging tier of that size it would still block out the light for that office block and would thus be objected to by the owner of said office block.

In planning terms, impacts on light to offices don't carry the same weight as impacts on residential properties. From my rough measurements on google maps the Gallowgate would only have to be extended about 10m to match the Leazes, a cantilevered design could probably be accommodated without impacting on Strawberry Place.

The Strawberry Place development is far from a done deal. Even if it were, developers work on the basis of profit, and it isn't as much as one might think. If we have new owners in the next week or so, they could get that land back for offering about a years worth of Joelinton's wages on top of the price Ashley sold it for. It becomes more difficult when they start building, but before that, you're basically talking about giving the developers more profit than they would make by developing it.

Think the answer is to modernize and renovate what we’ve got and try and be creative about expanding the current ground by any means possible.

:thup: agreed

Would be canny tempted with a state-of-the art 75000 seater on the East Pilgrim Street site at the end of the Tyne Bridge.....or even where the current arena is, to be honest.

Guest The Little Waster

Castle Leazes every time , solves the problem allows us to build a state of the art massif fuck off stadium n have a fans park n aal

Significant upgrades to the interior of the stadium and it'd be top class. Its already got a big capacity but its just been neglected for so long that its a bit of a dump right now but it just needs brought into 2020 with a lot of upgrades. We shouldn't be moving the stadium unless its immediately behind where it is now in Leazes Park.

Yeah, I would only want it to be at Castle Leazes/Leazes Park if it was moved, anywhere else and it would lose a big part of what makes it unique and special

In the short and medium term, it needs some tlc, expansion/new stadium is something to look at long term

Significant upgrades to the interior of the stadium and it'd be top class. Its already got a big capacity but its just been neglected for so long that its a bit of a dump right now but it just needs brought into 2020 with a lot of upgrades. We shouldn't be moving the stadium unless its immediately behind where it is now in Leazes Park.

Definitely NOT in Leazes Park, that would be awful.

The same location as in the 1997 plans (shown earlier in this thread) on the area of "Town Moor" that is called Castle Leazes Moor, would be my choice every time.

If we have to move at all, that is !!

In planning terms, impacts on light to offices don't carry the same weight as impacts on residential properties. From my rough measurements on google maps the Gallowgate would only have to be extended about 10m to match the Leazes, a cantilevered design could probably be accommodated without impacting on Strawberry Place.

Correct. The Gallowgate End is already bigger than the Leazes pre extension and we would actually need to remove a fair few rows at the back of the current Gallowgate provide the space for Level 4 and 5 executive levels to be aligned with the Leazes and Milburn. There is a lot of space above Shearer's bar and the club shop to be used for the underbelly / internal of an extension. The extension also doesn't need to include the vast amount of car parking space etc. incorporated in to the Leazes End.

A good architect would be able to design an extensions that wouldn't be far off from the existing curtilage of the site, but it would be useful if we could develop a solution that makes use of some of Strawberry Place its self and that fundamentally that road is pedestrianised. This would be incredibly difficult to agree with NCC but not impossible.