St James' Park

Delima

Also remember that the money he put in he then spent on things like Alan Smith (£6m fee, what, £13m contract?) covering the losses he made when he took us down through his own stupidity, covering losses from replacing nearly all our paid sponsorship boards with unpaid ones, buying and paying players we didn't need and managers didn't want as favours to friends, paying money to people he wrongly sacked...  And none of this money, nor any of his free advertising, including the stadium name change, has reduced the amount we owe him by a penny.

So now he's getting pelters for buying players and paying them decent money?

Do you think his actions, such as our five manager season which got us relegated, have cost the club more than the £100m he loaned us?

Also remember that the money he put in he then spent on things like Alan Smith (£6m fee, what, £13m contract?) covering the losses he made when he took us down through his own stupidity, covering losses from replacing nearly all our paid sponsorship boards with unpaid ones, buying and paying players we didn't need and managers didn't want as favours to friends, paying money to people he wrongly sacked...  And none of this money, nor any of his free advertising, including the stadium name change, has reduced the amount we owe him by a penny.

So now he's getting pelters for buying players and paying them decent money?

Do you think his actions, such as our five manager season which got us relegated, have cost the club more than the £100m he loaned us?

Relegation cost the club £35m in turnover directly.

Would Northern Rock or Puma paid us £65m more in sponsorship if we hadn't gone down? If so then yes it cost us more than £100m, if not then no

irrespective of when the team was formed, isnt it feasible that the patch of grass was referred to as St James' Park for some time before that? I'm not sure but it seems likely.

Takes its name from the nearby St James' Street/Road but I think it was always just part of Leazes Park/the town moor and unnamed until football started to be played on there.

irrespective of when the team was formed, isnt it feasible that the patch of grass was referred to as St James' Park for some time before that? I'm not sure but it seems likely.

not sure the context of your post- but yes im fairly certain ST James park existed before Newcastle United.

Guest johnson293

Wonder what would have happened had Sir John Hall got the go-ahead to move the club to a new ground at Castle Leazes, or even as far away as the land at Stella, that was mooted at the time.

not sure the context of your post- but yes im fairly certain ST James park existed before Newcastle United.

Of course it was, not that I was around at that time.  St James' Park has been a football ground since September 1880 when Newcastle Rangers moved from Gateshead.

Of course it was, not that I was around at that time.  St James' Park has been a football ground since September 1880 when Newcastle Rangers moved from Gateshead.

Don't be modest.

Were you living away from Newcastle then?

Guest Geordiesned

I've only just got round to watching some of the TV coverage from yesterday. I see Lee Charva Ryder went from brown nosing Ashley on Sky Sports in the morning agreeing with the decision to then writing a piece criticising the decision in the Chronicle.

I suspect he was told by John Gibson that the paper would not be supporting the decision and to get his nose/cock/Tongue out of Ashley's backside.

I've only just got round to watching some of the TV coverage from yesterday. I see Lee Charva Ryder went from brown nosing Ashley on Sky Sports in the morning agreeing with the decision to then writing a piece criticising the decision in the Chronicle.

I suspect he was told by John Gibson that the paper would not be supporting the decision and to get his nose/cock/Tongue out of Ashley's backside.

:lol:

Walked past the stadium today and that absolute eejit who's always black and white from head to toe was standing outside the club shop with a sign saying 'Sack The Board'. Had two side kicks with him- one being a horrendously fat kid. Cringe didn't do it justice.

Walked past the stadium today and that absolute eejit who's always black and white from head to toe was standing outside the club shop with a sign saying 'Sack The Board'. Had two side kicks with him- one being a horrendously fat kid. Cringe didn't do it justice.

Hope you pelted him with eggs. :thup:

Hope you pelted him with eggs. :thup:

Someone on my Facebook got his picture taken with him :undecided:

To be fair to him, at least he's doing something.