St James' Park

Delima

They're purely ornamental though, they're not meant to ever serve their purpose as actual gates. Laughing stock, have a word man. :lol:

To be fair to who ever mentioned laughing stock, I would expect more people to laugh at them because of where they are than not laugh.

The gates are not the long lost treasure they were made out to be anyway, something has been made out of nothing.

Symbolic dear from the Hall era and its me who said laughing stock and if it gets picked up by the red tops plenty people might have a laugh @ our expense .Peeps may mock me for my word play but it is yet another excuse to mock us  ;D

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-united-start-delivering-food-5773902?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Fancy a hotdog? Newcastle United start delivering food to fans' seats

Newcastle United's new app means fans can order food to their seat without missing a second of the action

Newcastle United have found a way to make sure peckish fans don't miss a second of the action at NUFC matches - by delivering food directly to their seats.

Via a new mobile app, VenueMenu, fans at NUFC matches can order hotdogs and fries and have them immediately delivered to them at their seat. Available on Blackberry, iPhone and Android, the new app means fans in the crowd can get the food brought to them in a sealed bag rather than having to go to the food outlets.

The new service starts at this weekend's home match against West Ham. After downloading the app, fans can order food up to 24 hours before a match or until the gates open for delivery at half time.

So are they just delivering it at half time?  If so, how's that mean you don't miss 'a second of the action'?  Presumably the fact you have to decide if you're going to fancy a pie the day before is due to the fact you can't get a mobile signal when there's 40,000 phones crammed into one structure. 

Sounds like a decent idea  :dontknow:

It's a football match man not a dinner theatre  :lol:

People eat at halftime though, right? What's the difference between going to get it or having it come to you? I'm sure it will decrease foot traffic at halftime too.

People eat at halftime though, right? What's the difference between going to get it or having it come to you? I'm sure it will decrease foot traffic at halftime too.

AMERItoon.

This is gonna get Moke back on about playoffs.

:lol: I'm pretty much against all sort of in game PR or gimmicks American sports teams utilize, one of the reasons I adopted football so quickly. But this is just convenience if anything, it's gimmicky in the way the club announced it, but I don't see how it's not a good idea if everything works to plan.

If a lot of people do it, there's no way they'll be able to cope with the demand.