St James' Park

Delima

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I'm not sure who's in charge of St James Park these days but my 17 year old son and 5 of his mates are off to work behind the bar this weekend, not one of them has ever worked a day in their life and without been to insulting every single one of them to a man are fucking useless, it will be carnage.

I guarantee they will be an upgrade on the usual lot who work there on match days…

Honestly man sick hearing people moan about SJP.  

You are are a mug if you go.  I know its easier to blame other people but you are enabling this.

Bla bla must support the team, my kids etc 

If you want to go fine but how you can think you have any right to moan is beyond me.

8 hours ago, Slim said:

Honestly man sick hearing people moan about SJP.  

You are are a mug if you go.  I know its easier to blame other people but you are enabling this.

Bla bla must support the team, my kids etc 

If you want to go fine but how you can think you have any right to moan is beyond me.

I mean I don't go and still feel sad about the clip of st james' mind.

Parked there when heading into town last week and it just looks scruffy and unloved now. I used to really look on in sheer amazement at st james' park when I was younger thinking it was one of the best stadiums I'd ever been too.

Looks a bit of a relic in parts now.

25 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I mean I don't go and still feel sad about the clip of st james' mind.

Parked there when heading into town last week and it just looks scruffy and unloved now. I used to really look on in sheer amazement at st james' park when I was younger thinking it was one of the best stadiums I'd ever been too.

Looks a bit of a relic in parts now.

Aye, same.  It used to be a monument you could see for miles, the heartbeat of the city.

Took the lad to the Hancock and the Centre for Life last week and parked on Gallowgate and it was depressing how much of a decaying shithole it is now.

5 hours ago, GWN said:

I agree lads , I can only describe it in one word.

Grubby 

It’s not that fucking nice.

Edited by HTT II

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Colne FC players having ice baths in bins.

Let me guess - theyre a small professional / large amatuer club with an annual budget for the medical department of £500.

Whereas NUFC is a large professional club, playing in the "Best league in the world" TM and our annual budget for the medical department is.......£500.

Went to the England match at the weekend and yesterday we took the bairn on the Stamford Bridge stadium tour. Baring in mind Stamford Bridge, like SJP is an old stadium. Their East Stand was built in the 70s, same as our East Stand, and the rest of the stadium was totally redeveloped in the 90s and completed around 200, also the same as SJP, but that's where the similarities end.

It is immaculate! It was a hive of activity yesterday. Maintenance men buzzing round all over the place and loads of people with cloths and buckets of water wiping down every seat. The place is literally spotless inside and out and it's clear they have so much pride in their stadium and no expense is spared on keeping in in tip top shape.

The tour finished with a 2 course meal in Frankies Bar, obviously named in honour of Lampard, same as Shearer's was until Ashley renamed it. Now to be honest, I haven't been in Nine Bar for a good while now but from what I can remember if it compared to Chelsea's equivalent, there was no comparison. As with the rest if the stadium it was spotless. No ripped chairs, big screen TVs, lovely outside seating area, great waiter service and a nice outdoor space to sit and eat our meal. I couldn't have been more impressed with the set up, but came away feeling more depressed about the state of NUFC and our once proud stadium which is in a state of disrepair.

Their season ticket prices aren't even that much different to ours. £750 behind either goal (£659 at SJP) and £950 for a top seat along the side (over £1k in parts of the Milburn and over £800 in the East Stand). They are watching some of the best players in the World and played of course European Champions and we can't (won't) even afford loan players.

Ashley isn't just selling the matchgoing fans short, he's taking the piss out of you and having a good laugh at your expense. 

Edited by Wallsendmag

On 06/09/2021 at 00:33, ianovthetoon said:

241264380_1647713072098169_6858120104346Taken a leaf out of our book

3 wheelie bins are they fucking mad, we are a PL team and we only use one. They’ll do a Leeds at this rate…

6 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Went to the England match at the weekend and yesterday we took the bairn on the Stamford Bridge stadium tour. Baring in mind Stamford Bridge, like SJP is an old stadium. Their East Stand was built in the 70s, same as our East Stand, and the rest of the stadium was totally redeveloped in the 90s and completed around 200, also the same as SJP, but that's where the similarities end.

It is immaculate! It was a hive of activity yesterday. Maintenance men buzzing round all over the place and loads of people with cloths and buckets of water wiping down every seat. The place is literally spotless inside and out and it's clear they have so much pride in their stadium and no expense is spared on keeping in in tip top shape.

The tour finished with a 2 course meal in Frankies Bar, obviously named in honour of Lampard, same as Shearer's was until Ashley renamed it. Now to be honest, I haven't been in Nine Bar for a good while now but from what I can remember if it compared to Chelsea's equivalent, there was no comparison. As with the rest if the stadium it was spotless. No ripped chairs, big screen TVs, lovely outside seating area, great waiter service and a nice outdoor space to sit and eat our meal. I couldn't have been more impressed with the set up, but came away feeling more depressed about the state of NUFC and our once proud stadium which is in a state of disrepair.

Their season ticket prices aren't even that much different to ours. £750 behind either goal (£659 at SJP) and £950 for a top seat along the side (over £1k in parts of the Milburn and over £800 in the East Stand). They are watching some of the best players in the World and played of course European Champions and we can't (won't) even afford loan players.

Ashley isn't just selling the matchgoing fans short, he's taking the piss out of you and having a good laugh at your expense. 

Glad yous enjoyed the experience, but so sad reading your thoughts, Ashley has truly let NUFC to rot in every way!

36 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Glad yous enjoyed the experience, but so sad reading your thoughts, Ashley has truly let NUFC to rot in every way!

Cheers pal. SJP is an absolute disgrace, we all know that, but yesterday it really hit home when compared to a stadium of similar age. It's a crime what Ashley has been allowed to do here. Can't help thinking if he'd bought Chelsea instead of Abramovich he would have been chased out years ago.

4 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Cheers pal. SJP is an absolute disgrace, we all know that, but yesterday it really hit home when compared to a stadium of similar age. It's a crime what Ashley has been allowed to do here. Can't help thinking if he'd bought Chelsea instead of Abramovich he would have been chased out years ago.

Aye mate, the fact he’s been allowed to totally ruin our club is as much as a disgrace as is the state of our once beautiful stadium, and indeed our disgrace of facilities.