Newcastle 0 - 1 Man City - Post match thoughts

Dave

On a side note i was talking to the bloke who sits next to me and he was saying that Given done a talk in (i didn't ask when but i assume it was over the past few days) and he was asked what he thinks our best defence is and he said Carr, Taylor, Bramble and Babayaro.

Not being funny here, but I would actually have Aidy Boothroyd or Steve Coppell over Roeder...

If we got Coppell or Newell or whoever he would have about half a season before the booing started.  At most.  Roeder needs to go, but this team isn't one new manager away from success. 

I've backed Roeder all the way and i like him and would love to see him make a success of the job but i can't defend him today. I was lost for words when i heard the team he picked. Was Moore injured? Why take Nobby off? Terrible team selection, terrible substitutions. The players have to take some of the blame but you can't make a turd shine and i'm afraid thats what Carr and Babayaro are but he picked them despite having everyone but Owen and Ameobi fit. To be fair to them i didn't think they were our worst players today. Dyer and Martins were piss poor.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Given: 7

Carr: 6

Taylor: 7

Moore:7

Babayano: 7

Solano: 6

Parker: 6

Butt: 6

Duff: 7

Martins: 5

Dyer: 5

Gooch: 5

Milner: 7

Sibierski : 6

We defended OK but couldnt break a well defending Man City team. Difficult to say weather it was Martins and Dyer who didnt make themself avalable or Parker and Butt who should have the blame for not being creative, but it simply didnt work at all in the middle of the field.

Why the fuck didnt Roeder play EMRE?!?!?!

It's one good manager away from success.

I agree, a good manager could make a huge difference even with the poor players we have.  Because in the summer he would have the influence, experience and support to make the big decisions and big signings that the club requires.  But who wants to work for Shepherd, managing a team in the bottom third of the Premiership, with no money to spend?  Mediocre managers.

Guest Knightrider

It's one good manager away from success.

It's one good manager away from short-term successs.

Ala the Sir Bobby years. This club will always find a way to fuck things up, or rather the idiots who run the club will.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

to anyone who has said give the c*** roeder more time, or duff will come good, or babayaro can do a job for us, or roeder was right to not replace defenders in TWO windows, you were 100% wrong. 

I thought Babayano, Taylor, Moore and Duff were the better players today...

"It is most difficult for the fans. There is high expectation at Newcastle, but they don't understand how difficult it is to break a team down," he added.

Well,from watching teams break us down every single f****** games,its not that difficult..

Back four was alright today I thought. It was the midfield and strikeforce that let us down badly.

They were fine defensively, but going forward Carr and Babayaro were as poor as the rest of them imo.

Back four was alright today I thought. It was the midfield and strikeforce that let us down badly.

They were fine defensively, but going forward Carr and Babayaro were as poor as the rest of them imo.

Carr couldn't hit a cows arse with a bango.

Easy targets, but they were OK by their standards today.  If Parker, Dyer, Martins and Butt had done their jobs then we might have had a chance. 

Guest Gemmill

Carr couldn't hit a cows arse with a bango.

Did you see today when Butt tracked Barton back a fucking mile, took the ball off him, painstakingly kept it in touch, and knocked a simple ball to Carr.............who fucking booted it straight over the touchline that Butt had made sure he didn't cross.  Brainless fucking arsehole that lad.

Did you see today when Butt tracked Barton back a f****** mile, took the ball off him, painstakingly kept it in touch, and knocked a simple ball to Carr.............who f****** booted it straight over the touchline that Butt had made sure he didn't cross.  Brainless f****** arsehole that lad.

That's a bit of a cheap shot at Carr, it's taken 1000's of hours to coach that into him I'll have you know.