Newcastle 0 - 0 Chelsea - Post match thoughts

Dave

Guest makemeacupoftea

Good performance, one of the best of the season. Still doesnt hide the face weve been awful too many times this season, and 7 wins out of 18 home games is bloody terrible!

Harper 7

Solano 7

Bramble 8

Taylor 9

Carr 8

Dyer 7

Emre 7

Butt 7

Milner 8

Martins 7

Sibierski 6

Young Carroll seems to have a lot of confidence.

how can you give taylor a 9 and butt and emre a 7?

Guest maddog2

yup, lots of dives towards the end of the game - i was astounded to see the ref give freekick after freekick to them.

Good performance from the lads

Roeder should have played Carroll in the begining but he didnt have the balls

Sibierski is slower then my granddad

Give the young lad a chance ffs

I just want to ask one thing:

Where are the people on this forum who said that Craig Moore is our best CB???

And where are the people who said that STEVEN TAYLOR is as shit as Bramble?

Where are you?

Where?

Where?

Where?

And that they steal extra yards on every free-kick, god they fkn boil my piss!!

Taylor is better than Bramble but Moore is better than both, 1 good game in 5 is not good enough I am affraid, Moore when fit is out best CB!

Pointless result. What the fuck is the point in trying to get something from a game, when we have nothing to play for. Only teams we play well against are the top 4, and we usually only get a point. I'd rather we just rolled over and died against the bigger teams, and lashed the crapper teams.

Pointless result. What the f*** is the point in trying to get something from a game, when we have nothing to play for. Only teams we play well against are the top 4, and we usually only get a point. I'd rather we just rolled over and died against the bigger teams, and lashed the crapper teams.

Thats the spirit!

And that they steal extra yards on every free-kick, god they fkn boil my piss!!

Taylor is better than Bramble but Moore is better than both, 1 good game in 5 is not good enough I am affraid, Moore when fit is out best CB!

Cant agree with you

Maybe 3-4 years ago Moore might have been better

But right now he is too old and too fucking slow to compare with Taylor

Taylor had pretty much decent season considering the fact that he is playing almost every time with different partner in the heart of the defence and in that shit defence he did pretty well

My humble opinion is that Taylor is our best CB

Pointless result. What the f*** is the point in trying to get something from a game, when we have nothing to play for. Only teams we play well against are the top 4, and we usually only get a point. I'd rather we just rolled over and died against the bigger teams, and lashed the crapper teams.

Thats the spirit!

Think about it, I'm right. We would accumulate more points by actually trying, against lesser teams, rather than only the big 4.

f***, I can't believe I couldn't see this match. f****** America

Was on Setanta wasn't it? 

Don't have. I usually use that which won't be mentioned, but I couldn't get the damned thing working. Gave up figuring the match would ruin my day.

Hang on, am i missing something... aren't we still very much in the hunt for an Intertoto place?

Everyone seems to be saying the season is over, but I thought so as long as we are the highest place team to have applied and 3 places below the UEFA cup spot we would get it.

At the moment it looks like we have to finish ahead of Blackburn (and be in the top 10) to get it? I know we need Bolton, Everton and Tottenham to take the automatic places, but that is still quite likely.

Or is there something obvious I am missing?

I thought Bramble did very well too - great point considering who we were playing against.

Always does well against Chelsea at SJP for somereason. The best game I've seen him play was against Chelsea few years ago(In the league cup I think it was). Shame about the rest....

Carroll looked very good when he came on.

Milner looked excellent every time he got the ball, some quality crosses and completely ruined their portugese right back. Performances like this really make me think "what the fuck does this lad have to do to get the respect he deserves" not long turned 21 and over a season probably our most consistant/effective player.

Taylor was immense and I reckon that England call will be coming soon, much better than Dawson!

Emre was good, when he lost the ball he often chased and won it back.

Sibierski was ok but the amount of times he mistimed runs and let the ball bounced back off him really pissed me off! Carroll needs to be given a chance now.

Good performance, one of the best of the season. Still doesnt hide the face weve been awful too many times this season, and 7 wins out of 18 home games is bloody terrible!

Harper 7

Solano 7

Bramble 8

Taylor 9

Carr 8

Dyer 7

Emre 7

Butt 7

Milner 8

Martins 7

Sibierski 6

Young Carroll seems to have a lot of confidence.

how can you give taylor a 9 and butt and emre a 7?

giving dyer and butt the same marks ??????

i've often been one on here to defend dyer as not being as bad as he's made out but today he was poor,against a 3 man midfield he didn't try to stretch them.

very good games from emre,butt,milner,solano,taylor,bramble,above average from carr,average from martins and sibierski.

carroll now looks worth a start and if this game costs chelsea the title i hope mourinho gets the blame,his side got over ran in midfield giving little service to hios forwards and he done nothing about it.

Good performance from the lads

Roeder should have played Carroll in the begining but he didnt have the balls

Sibierski is slower then my granddad

Give the young lad a chance ffs

I just want to ask one thing:

And where are the people who said that STEVEN TAYLOR is as s*** as Bramble?

Where are you?

Where?

Where?

Where?

Talk about knee-jerk. Bramble has had many brilliant performances....Bramble's problem is concentration and consistancy.....same with Taylor. Taylor has age on his side.

Didn't see the game, it's a good point - without a doubt.

Disappointed N'Zogbia didn't even get a look in. But i think any hope to do with him now is effectively false.

wy disappointed,our best left sided midfielder this season played there and played well.

Newcastle United Team Statistics Chelsea

0                               Goals                 0

0                           1st Half Goals     0

1                         Shots on Target   0

7                           Shots off Target     6

2                             Blocked Shots     5

4                                 Corners       2

16                                   Fouls       16

0                                 Offsides         2

0                               Yellow Cards     3

0                               Red Cards              0

71.4                         Passing Success 72.7

36                                 Tackles       26

83.3                         Tackles Success 76.9

47.5                               Possession   52.5

56.1                   Territorial Advantage 43.9

Didn't see the game, it's a good point - without a doubt.

Disappointed N'Zogbia didn't even get a look in. But i think any hope to do with him now is effectively false.

wy disappointed,our best left sided midfielder this season played there and played well.

Because the brightest young talent we've had in absolutely donkeys years is effectively finished here now.