Newcastle 0 - 0 Chelsea - Post match thoughts

Dave

Guest BooBoo

I dunno whether its because some of our other games have been really really s***, but i thought it was far from a poor game today. Sure, there wasnt too many chances but it was always compelling.

I dunno whteher its because some of our other ganmes have been really really shit, but i thought it was far from a poor game today. Sure, there wasnt too many chances but it was always compelling.

I thought it was quite a good game but that could be down to the fact that for once we were performing to a decent level and a few of our players were having really good games.

It was a decent game we played today,shame that we didnt win

Although i am suprised that after this game people started to think we are a good team,we are NOT a good team under Roeder,we had a good game mainly because Chelsea were poor today,our players did play the best football they played all season (and still we didnt win),but i am guessing next game will determine of we really improved or this game was just a fluke..

I dunno whteher its because some of our other ganmes have been really really shit, but i thought it was far from a poor game today. Sure, there wasnt too many chances but it was always compelling.

I enjoyed it.

Guest BooBoo

Its true though, today will have been a waste if we cant go and get at least 7 points from the last 3 games. Its been a turd season but lets try and finish on a positive note. The players today showed if they apply themselves they should have the better of Reading, Blackburn and Watford. Whats frustrating is, that in at least one of those games, we will turn in a crappy performance and get beat.

Guest smoggeordie

Brad Friedel - Comedy genius.

"Newcastle obviously did their scouting on Chelsea"

:lol: Aye, probably watched their end of season DVD

Just seen the Carr incident on MOTD2, never a penalty in a month of Sundays.

Boro's was an absolute stonewaller though.

yeah it was,but from where the ref was the way the forward through his arms out made it look very iffy

Loved Terry's reaction when Superiski was tugging him. :lol:

Loved it even more when I think it was after the set-piece after that, Nobby Solano just stood between Sib & Terry with his hands behind his back...then kept his hands there when the ref called them over. :lol:

Thoughts

- Surprisingly good defensive display as a unit, one of only a few teams to have got a clean sheet against Chelsea this season. I thought Steven Taylor was outstanding and the leader of the good defensive display won almost every single battle against Drogba.

- Attacking wise i have to say we were poor for me, alot of that was due to Roeder selection of playing players not in there best positions mostly Dyer struggled and James Milner workhouse display was good but he has got lots of assists from the Right Wing this season and enjoys Solano passes getting him in the right area to deliver.

-Would of liked Roeder to have played N'Zogbia Left Wing and Milner Right Wing and Dyer though the middle.

Harper - 6.5 - very little to do but showed consistency and no faults.

Solano - 7.5 - kept his defensive position well and covered when needed, good passing and link play.

Bramble - 8 -  some thunderous tackles but struggled when up against Kalou trickery.

Taylor - 9 - one of our best performances from a player this season, won every battle up against Drogba.

Carr - 7 - decent, showed some good overlapping play.

Dyer - 5 - awful, second home game running he has been shocking but today not in his favored through the middle position.

Butt - 8 - disciplined and assured, won some really key tackles.

Emre - 7.5 - fantastic energy always trying to make things happen, our movement was not good enough for Emre to prosper. (still playing to deep)

Milner - 7.5 - got up and down really well, put in some good in swinging deliveries.

Sibierski - 7 - defensively fantastic when dealing with Terry at Set Pieces, however struggled to link the play.

Martins - 7 - very little service but showed fantastic work rate as per usual.

Man Of The Match- Steven Taylor=9

Thoughts

- Surprisingly good defensive display as a unit, one of only a few teams to have got a clean sheet against Chelsea this season. I thought Steven Taylor was outstanding and the leader of the good defensive display won almost every single battle against Drogba.

- Attacking wise i have to say we were poor for me, alot of that was due to Roeder selection of playing players not in there best positions mostly Dyer struggled and James Milner workhouse display was good but he has got lots of assists from the Right Wing this season and enjoys Solano passes getting him in the right area to deliver.

-Would of liked Roeder to have played N'Zogbia Left Wing and Milner Right Wing and Dyer though the middle.

Harper - 6.5 - very little to do but showed consistency and no faults.

Solano - 7.5 - kept his defensive position well and covered when needed, good passing and link play.

Bramble - 8 -  some thunderous tackles but struggled when up against Kalou trickery.

Taylor - 9 - one of our best performances from a player this season, won every battle up against Drogba.

Carr - 7 - decent, showed some good overlapping play.

Dyer - 5 - awful, second home game running he has been shocking but today not in his favored through the middle position.

Butt - 8 - disciplined and assured, won some really key tackles.

Emre - 7.5 - fantastic energy always trying to make things happen, our movement was not good enough for Emre to prosper. (still playing to deep)

Milner - 7.5 - got up and down really well, put in some good in swinging deliveries.

Sibierski - 7 - defensively fantastic when dealing with Terry at Set Pieces, however struggled to link the play.

Martins - 7 - very little service but showed fantastic work rate as per usual.

Man Of The Match- Steven Taylor=9

Some very good observations there, mate, if I may say. I'd agree with 95% of that.

Where I'd differ- I thought Martins was pretty poor today. His link up play and his reading of situations wasn't great.

Emre lost the ball a lot. He showed a lot of spirit, but he often tried things that weren't really on. I thought your mark was a bit generous.

Pointless result. What the f*** is the point in trying to get something from a game, when we have nothing to play for. Only teams we play well against are the top 4, and we usually only get a point. I'd rather we just rolled over and died against the bigger teams, and lashed the crapper teams.

I rather we get a point against the top 4 teams and lash the crapper teams...

But thanks for your point of view...