Reading 1-0 Newcastle United - 30/04/07

BlufPurdi

I've noticed that Owen ends up with the ball on the right side of the midfield more than Dyer does.

Dyer had one good run with the ball and a nice chance off the free kick. Otherwise he's been invisible.

Still, I absolutely know that we'll come out in the same exact formation. Possibly sans Owen.

First 20 min was very lively but after that it's been a pretty boring game actually.

So far, Taylor has been solid while Bramble been dodgy a couple of times.. I have a hard time believing Titus play chess since he never knows what to do with the ball when he gets it.

Sibbers, well, his french companion should play in his place. Just hope Glenn realises that sooner rather than later.

Isn't Freddy sitting right behind Martin O'Neill and Terry Venables? I don't they're chitchatting about Owen's England return during this half time break to be honest :)

Not a bad first half from us I thought, Solano, Milner and Taylor all playing well with Emre being the pick of the bunch so far for us, we seem to be too narrow though and I don't think Sibierski playing as a midfielder is working, we'd be better off replacing him with N'Zogbia and playing Dyer and Emre in the middle.

Oh, and we need to keep the ball on the floor more

Guest optimistic nit

dyer hasn't been invisible. he keeps picking the ball up in defensive mid and looks to the right wing, but our right winger (milner i think) never seems to be there. not like dyer to give up though, he's persistantly been looking for the run all game, and if he doesn't find one attempt to dribble round reading himself. he loses the ball, but at least he's trying.

I have to say I'm surprised with all the criticism Le Sib is getting - thought he's doing a decent job in the air with all the high balls we've been pinging around. True, he's not much chop on the deck, but he's doing a better job at the moment than Emre and Dyer - who are both giving their critics plenty of ammunition...

Milner putting in another good shift, well supported by Carr in attack but still Carr in defence.

Hope we can make something of all this posession in the second half.

Oh, and what's the consensus on Bramble's barge early in the first half? When I first saw it I thought it was a pen - seen those given before.

To sloppy, giving the ball away way to much, its getting to the stage again with no one running into space to open a pass up, jsut stand and watch..

Owen has looked bright though a good sign, a few little nice bits of linkup with Oba and him.

0-0 HT, we can be happy..

dyer hasn't been invisible. he keeps picking the ball up in defensive mid

I have been saying this for years!!! He runs past DM,  if one is playing & picks the ball off the toes of a centre half. Which means we have GK + 4 defenders + DM + Dyer all behind ball with 11 of the  oppo in front of them with only  4 of our players to aim for. This is okay if your Pele or can pass a ball, not if your Dyer.

dyer hasn't been invisible. he keeps picking the ball up in defensive mid and looks to the right wing, but our right winger (milner i think) never seems to be there. not like dyer to give up though, he's persistantly been looking for the run all game, and if he doesn't find one attempt to dribble round reading himself. he loses the ball, but at least he's trying.

Heh? With Milner on the left wing I would have thought it would have to be Dyer playing the right wing. That would explain his confusion as well when he looks at the right wing and sees nobody there.. ;)

Heh? With Milner on the left wing I would have thought it would have to be Dyer playing the right wing. That would explain his confusion as well when he looks at the right wing and sees nobody there.. ;)

noooo man ...you've fallen for nyts sarcasm

noooo man ...you've fallen for nyts sarcasm

Lol, id'better remove it then before other point it out to me.. :)