Reading 1-0 Newcastle United - 30/04/07

BlufPurdi

I like this formation, would be better with the Zog instead of Sib mind

True, we wouldnt have a midfield player on the bench though.

How's Owen doing?

Owen was fantastic initially and had a goal disallowed. Hes been in for all the headers and bein pretty physical, the end of the half tailed off tho

Lookin forward to a possibly very interesting 2nd half.

As for Owen, very good stuff i reckon. I'd like sibi off for zog or shola in the 2nd tho

Definitely a promising first 45 minutes.

Owen looks up for it. He really does, it's actually looking really good for him so far; obviously he's quiet - but the goal he scored just epitomised Michael Owen. The movement, the run, the touch, the finish - that was Michael Owen right there. Top class centre-forward play.

I'm not liking this midfield formation though - Milner's doing well, but other than short bursts down the left, we're very narrow. I've absolutely no idea where Dyer is supposed to be playing. Is he a winger, is he central? We've got Emre, Dyer and Sibierski (Jesus wept, btw) all crammed into the centre. They look a bit lost at times. There's no space to play the ball in the midfield. Needs changing if we want to open them up, i think - because we can. They're there for the taking.

Nobby's simply class. Taylor solid as a rock. Bramble doing alright, but still risky as owt. Carr's done OK but - like i've said countless times before, he's been OK, but lacks the quality to push us on. He's done all the good wing-back stuff: covered the defense, got up the wing, but he's overall ability with the ball at his feet holds him back tremendously.

Keep it up lads - we can win this.

Good? first half,we had more of the ball but the fact that our midfielders just couldnt get the ball to our strikers is whats keeping it level

Would be intrested to see Roeders changes in the seconed half,and when exactly is he going to take Owen out

Milner is our best player by far,as always.

Owen was pretty decent.

Decent half, couple of half-chances. Owen looks as though he's not too far away from full fitness/sharpness. Oba's through ball for the disallowed goal was class as well, maybe an aspect of his play we'll start to see more of now there will be people in front of him more often? Thinking back to his ball for Duff at Wham as well.

DJ - if you can get on to the site at work I'd reccomend http://www.sportinglife.com/football/popup/football365/ as a much more readable commentry update, they put something in about every minute and it gives you much more of a feel for the game than the beeb.