Albert Luque (now retired)

James

Guest Deep456

Doesnt arse me at all if he comes good or not, doesnt stand a chance of getting near the first team ahead of Owen,Smith,Viduka,Martins and Ameobi regardless of what he does. Should have sold him when we got the chance, it's going to take more than a few goals in pre-season to make Luque anything close to an average player again

Well, thank god your not the manager, or we'd be in League 1 next year. Fecking logic like that would manage to get use relegated 2 leagues at once. And on form player is a player on form, and you can bet BSA will gladly put Luque in if he is on form.

I actually agree, I wouldnt want to be manager either  :clap2:

I do cuz I can fecken do the job right unlike you.

Guest unrealterrorist

given the amount of chances roeder gave him towards the end of the season, i highly doubt he'll be here much longer.

Chance last season i must of missed that.

Guest arkanoider

According to Ser Deportivo Luque has been offered to Levante on loan.  Also he was offered to Murcia but they rejected him  :kasper:

Injured again against Gateshead tonight  :frantic: went off after about 10minutes

Anywhere with a match report online or anything? Not very important but i'm still interested.

might be later on, not too sure though

was a good game gateshead played well  :razz: shola got 2 and troisi got the other

Score? How'd Shola do?

3-3, Shola scored twice.

Ameobi Star Of Sho In Six-Goal Thriller

GATESHEAD 3

NEWCASTLE UNITED RES 3

Paul Thompson Testimonial

Gateshead International Stadium

Monday August 6, 2007

Kick-off 7.45pm

Craig Hope reports from the International Stadium ...

SHOLA Ameobi grabbed a brace as Newcastle United Reserves let a two-goal lead slip in an entertaining 3-3 draw with Gateshead as part of Paul Thompson's Testimonial.

The Magpies took a first-half lead through James Troisi (32), the Aussie winger curling into the far corner from just outside the area after clever footwork to create an opening.

But the visitors were pegged back within two minutes, David Southern smashing home from close range after a low right-wing delivery across the face of goal.

Lee Clark's side were back in front within moments of the second period getting started as Ameobi got his first with a well-timed header.

And the 25-year-old striker got his second from the penalty spot ten minutes later, slotting home low to the keeper's right after he had been fouled by former United youngster Phil Cave.

Mark Doninger could have put the result beyond doubt on the hour mark after getting on the end of Andy Carroll's headed flick, but his prodded effort from 12 yards was somehow kept out by a combination of the Gateshead keeper and centre-back.

Graham Armstrong (62) then got the home side's comeback started with a powerful shot from inside the area which found Fraser Forster's far corner.

Steve Bowey struck the bar for Gateshead before Jamie Marwood snatched the equaliser with just five minutes left on the clock.

It was a strong United team which made the short trip across the River Tyne with six first-team players turning out, but one of those, Albert Luque, lasted just 17 minutes before limping from the action with a groin injury.

Afterwards, coach Lee Clark told nufc.co.uk that performances would have to improve ahead of their first game at Sunderland on August 30.

"It was a good work out in what was our first real pre-season friendly, but the performance wasn't the best and we'll defintely be looking for things to get better ahead of the Sunderland game at the Stadium of Light.

"It was an entertaining game for the neutral and a great night for Paul Thompson, he's a smashing lad and someone who I played with at Newcastle when I was younger and I'm happy we could send a strong team."

NUFC: Fraser Forster, Mark Bertram, Darren Lough (Callum Morris, 35m), Paul Huntington, David Edgar, James Troisi, Matty Pattison, Albert Luque (Mark Doninger, 17m), Kazenga LuaLua (Frank Wiafe Danquah, 75m), Andy Carroll, Shola Ameobi

Subs not used: Shane Ferguson, Mark Cook, Ryan Donaldson, Patrick McLoughlin

www.nufc.co.uk

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_2645522,00.html

Levante are keen to take Newcastle's Albert Luque back to Spain.

The Spanish striker has struggled to make an impact at St James' Park since his £9.5million move from Deportivo La Coruna in 2005.

Luque has managed only 14 starts in his first two seasons and the Magpies are believed to be ready to loan the 29-year-old to the Valencian outfit.

renewed interest

Levante tried to sign the player last January but have renewed their interest after failing to secure a deal for Brazilian striker Baiano.

Luque has been in good form for the Mapies in this season's warm-up games chipping in with three goals in two outings against Celtic and Juventus.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_2645522,00.html

Levante are keen to take Newcastle's Albert Luque back to Spain.

The Spanish striker has struggled to make an impact at St James' Park since his £9.5million move from Deportivo La Coruna in 2005.

Luque has managed only 14 starts in his first two seasons and the Magpies are believed to be ready to loan the 29-year-old to the Valencian outfit.

renewed interest

Levante tried to sign the player last January but have renewed their interest after failing to secure a deal for Brazilian striker Baiano.

Luque has been in good form for the Mapies in this season's warm-up games chipping in with three goals in two outings against Celtic and Juventus.

Time to get rid!

He might have got some goals pre-season but lets face it, he's not going to set he world alight!

Guest Toonie

we let him go now, hes gonna score at least 12 this season in spain. He is class, he has just had bad luck. how can you judge someone on 14 starts all bout 3 months apart.

If our squad is fully fit he won't get near the 1st team IMO. So maybe the best option is to loan him to Levante in the hope he does well there and then bigger teams might come sniffing and we could selling him for a few bob.

Before our signings I would have been happy to keep him due to lack of numbers but he really is surplus to requirements right now.

If our squad is fully fit he won't get near the 1st team IMO. So maybe the best option is to loan him to Levante in the hope he does well there and then bigger teams might come sniffing and we could selling him for a few bob.

Before our signings I would have been happy to keep him due to lack of numbers but he really is surplus to requirements right now.

I didnt get past the first 6 words.