Chelsea sign Ben Haim on 4 year deal - SSN

Dave

absolutely gutted in all honesty!

I've been renewing my season ticket for the past 5 or 6 years to watch abysmal football for the majority.

then when it comes to the point of having to give it up to go to university, the club turn things around and look like they're going places!

sod's f****** law!

i was going to move,job lined up,split with the girlfriend of the time planned.....then we got promoted,I stayed.

According to the independent!

There is an unmistakable and rapid sense of change on Tyneside that applies not only to Ashley's takeover attempt. In his first week at the helm Allardyce has signed Mark Viduka on a free transfer from Middlesbrough, agreed a deal in principle to sign Joey Barton from Manchester City and last night it was confirmed that Bolton defender Tal Ben Haim should complete his move to St James' Park on Monday.

"He is a free agent and he is available," Allardyce said of his former employee. "He has got three or four years of experience in the Premiership."

Barton will finalise a £5.5m transfer once he has agreed the terms of his departure from Manchester City while the Newcastle manager met Viduka in London yesterday to secure the Australian international on a two-year contract, with the option of a third.

:thup:

Keeps getting better folks!

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premiership/article2631118.ece

Apparently Benayoun hasn't signed the new contract at West Ham ... bet he'd love to join up with his buudy.

:whistle:

Let's make those hammers weally weally mad.  :shifty:

Hardly say it was confirmed yet, but good signs.

In the past, I would agree, but there's something more positive and refreshing to our approach in signing players now.  No more fucking about, basically.

This is the exact reason I wanted Allardyce to take over. Gets shot of Bramble, signs Ben Haim. Gets shot of Sibierski, signs Viduka. Gets shot of Parker, signs Barton (making £1.5m in the process). He's improved the first XI and the squad whilst spending -£1.5m. His dealings in the transfer market in 3 weeks have paid for his backroom staff that he will bring to us from Bolton.

Vintage Sam Allardyce.  :clap:

This is the exact reason I wanted Allardyce to take over. Gets shot of Bramble, signs Ben Haim. Gets shot of Sibierski, signs Viduka. Gets shot of Parker, signs Barton (making £1.5m in the process). He's improved the first XI and the squad whilst spending -£1.5m. His dealings in the transfer market in 3 weeks have paid for his backroom staff that he will bring to us from Bolton.

Vintage Sam Allardyce.  :clap:

It really is quite unbelievable ... We've essentially signed three very good premiership players (fingers crossed on Ben Haim!) and made a £1.5 million profit in the process. Despite the fact that we have a new owner who appears to have a lot of money. I'm loving it.

This way when we really need to push the boat out on someone who is worth it there will be no hesitation from the owner. Love the fact that Sam isn't going crazy just because the money is there, should make M. Ashley very happy indeed.

Great stuff.

Guardian article mentions Wes Brown as well

The pace of change at St James' Park continued yesterday with Mark Viduka sealing his transfer to Newcastle United after completing a medical in London. Sam Allardyce confirmed his interest in bringing Tal Ben Haim, like Viduka a free agent, to Newcastle and the chairman Freddy Shepherd stated his faith in Mike Ashley's incoming regime. There was also a rumour that Wes Brown is moving to Tyneside.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2098242,00.html

Getting Ben-Haim would be fantastic with Rozenhal possibly not very far behind. Really hope we sign Baines though.

A top Class LB must be the priority after Ben-Haim.

Great if the Independant article is right though. None of the other rags have picked up this info, but who knows.

Guest TheOrder

That's better, it'll save geordie jamie getting hysterical if he hasn't signed by 3pm Monday afternoon. :lol:

:D