Edmilson agrees move to NUFC. Or not? - SSN

magorific

The Marca quotes basically say Barca haven't received any offer from Newcastle, he hopes Edmilson recovers above all for the player's happiness and so he can get playing again, and confirmed he expects the player to be back before the end of this year.

And the El Mundo Deportivo carrying the same quotes, they are usually Barca's mouthpiece.

Motta!! Motta!! :lol:

Slowly but surely ... the revolution has indeed begun!

THIAGO MOTTA!!!

I don't really want Motta here either. Haven't seen much of him, he looks a good player but he's missed a lot of his career through injury. As a club dogged by injury crises it's about time we stopped buying this type of player.

I don't really want Motta here either. Haven't seen much of him, he looks a good player but he's missed a lot of his career through injury. As a club dogged by injury crises it's about time we stopped buying this type of player.

Had one knee injury a while ago that he has long since recovered from. Any other injuries have been niggles. He is a talented player with potential as he is only 25 this year. On a free or a minimal fee which is what he will be on by all accounts he is well worth it.

He will be a younger version of Campo for us.

If it turns out that we offered Edmil-son 2 year contract then it is a good CALCULATED risk that could turn out to be a good buy once he has recovered by end of this year...If by end of 2007/2008 season he has failed to establish himself then it would only be another year left on his contract and would be easy to get rid of for nothing (since we will pay almost nothing to Barcelona for him anyway)...

I do NOT think this is a HUGE risk...I do NOT think we are spending A LOT of money on this guy anyway...And if it is true that we have a big budget this coming season then 2 year wages is pocket money considering we are getting him for almost free (nominal fee)

My gutt feeling is that we are going to buy a QUALITY CB before the season starts and Edmilson will get some playing time but won't be much because of his fitness history but should be fine for a spare bonus player...

Just in from SSN:

Sky Sports News understands that a delegation from Newcastle has arrived in Barcelona to discuss a potential move for the Brazilian, but now, club director Txiki Beguiristain has suggested the player still has a future at Camp Nou.

Any move for the 30-year-old defender, who can also play as a holding midfielder, would be complicated by the fact he will be out for the next four to six months having undergone knee surgery.

Newcastle are known to be keen to add to their defensive ranks, with manager Sam Allardyce having culled large numbers from the squad he inherited at St James' Park.

Whether Edmilson makes the move to the North East, though, remains very much a subject of conjecture.

"Edmilson is our player and we are not negotiating his exit," said Beguiristain.

"The important thing is his recuperation, after the surgery, for him to play with us for the second part of next season.

"The doctor is confident for a December return and be ready for the New Year."

:celb:

Motta's comming to Newcastle I tell thee!

Only 25 years young and injury free!

Did I mention he was left-footed also? Can never have too many of those. Nice balance in midfield with Barton, which will hopefully be rounded off with the addition of Alou Diarra.

We can make this thing work if you believe with me people!

Please believe!

Guest jazzfido

Did I mention he was left-footed also? Can never have too many of those. Nice balance in midfield with Barton, which will hopefully be rounded off with the addition of Alou Diarra.

Please believe!

I guess you are aware that if Motta does sign for NU, and turns out to be the biggest flop in the history of the club, this thread will be brought back up? You will have to take the blame, or at least you will be slated (either for a lack in football knowledge or for being vain, i.e. for wanting to be right). Still, I agree that Motta would be an almost infinitely better signing that Edmilson.

Please believe!

I guess you are aware that if Motta does sign for NU, and turns out to be the biggest flop in the history of the club, this thread will be brought back up? You will have to take the blame, or at least you will be slated (either for a lack in football knowledge or for being vain, i.e. for wanting to be right). Still, I agree that Motta would be an almost infinitely better signing that Edmilson.

Look ... he will be fairly cheap both transfer fee wise and wages wise. He is no doubt a talented individual who is still young, so of course I would be happier bringing him in.

How he will do is difficult to say, but I like his chances with Sam at the helm. If it doesn't quite work out it doesn't look as if it will cost us a great deal anyway.

What's not to like if we get this guy?

KaKa you're pretty sure about Motta, are you not? If you're wrong ill make sure i fly over to England and cut your balls off. Ok? As a brazilian citizen i would just love Motta, not because he is indeed a good player but because we need a brazilian player over here :D

How could SA and party fly over to Barca without some prior encouragement?  If it had been Freddie I would have been tempted to think it was one of his bravado tricks.

But we surely dont need to go cap in hand to these clubs, in public?

No smerk without fire I reckon.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

this reminds me of the time John Hall went to Juventus with the intention of buying Baggio and went into the HQ unannounced and declared "I am here to buy Baggio" reception lady told him to wait, after a day he left :lol:

this reminds me of the time John Hall went to Juventus with the intention of buying Baggio and went into the HQ unannounced and declared "I am here to buy Baggio" reception lady told him to wait, after a day he left :lol:

Never!

I remember the bit they did with his name on a strip in the back of a limo.

----------------------

I still think it was a fly out to speak to Eidur, only to tell him he's our no1 target if either of our strikers leave. Maybe something happened today (martins willing to re-sign or Berbatov to Manu) that put that on a back burner,