Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

I just think that we have a Championship class squad, with the possible exceptions of Richardson and Gordon.

Nope, Richardson is Championship class as well.

I think it is a bit harsh to call Richardson championship class, he is an unspectacular, mediocre Premiership player.

Anyway, can we stop talking about transfers? I'm too fucking distraught at the moment.

And it isn't about Gordon, either, before anyone asks.

I just think that we have a Championship class squad, with the possible exceptions of Richardson and Gordon.

Nah, he's a middling Premiership player (like most of our players last season, and many of yours).

I did say possible. You don;'t play for Man Utd at least 50 times without having something about you.  Plus he was one of the main reasons WBA stayed up a few years back. 

He is better than the rest of our players, and while he may not be 'top' Premiership class, he is better than Championship class as well.  He's probably the sort of player who will suit a team in the bottom third of the Premiership, due to his ability, in my opinion.  And so therefore, the only real reason to complain about his signing is the inflated transfer fee.  But he's English and has 8 caps which would put most peoples prices through the roof in the current transfer climate.

Although his passing has been a bit suspect at times in pre-season.

Guest trotter58

You don;'t play for Man Utd at least 50 times without having something about you.

Two words. Darren Fletcher.

You don;'t play for Man Utd at least 50 times without having something about you.

He isn't Championship class either. Decent Premiership player imo.

He isn't Championship class either. Decent Premiership player imo.

I agree alex.  Players like Richardson and Fletcher may not be good enough for regular games at Man Utd when they are at full strength, but it doesn't mean they aren't Premiership class.  Both Fletcher and Richardson are definatley good enough for middle of the road Premiership teams in my opinion.

I think it is a bit harsh to call Richardson championship class, he is an unspectacular, mediocre Premiership player.

Anyway, can we stop talking about transfers? I'm too fucking distraught at the moment.

And it isn't about Gordon, either, before anyone asks.

It all started going wrong the day you took that bet innit?  :razz:

Everton going for Yakubu according to the Beeb.

Who will Boro have up front? Just Aliadiadiadaiaire?

Relegation odds just doubled.

Hopefully it's just another rubbish rumour

No way should we spend big money on that lazy fucker. First touch of a rapist.

fulham getting in bouazza - they've been pretty busy this summer!

Better signing that Richardson imho.

Defo, Bouazza was as good if not better than Ashley Young when they were both at Watford, just the fact Young was English got him noticed. Would have liked Bouazza here if we needed a left winger fo'sure.

Freddy Adu arrived on Monday to negotiate terms in his new contract with Portugal's BENFICA.

The club announced officially that they had come to terms for the initial transfer, pending a medical

examination. Major League Soccer and the club had already agreed to the $ 2 Million transfer fee.

Adu had packed up his bags on Saturday and left Salt Lake City that night to begin his new European

career, which is the result of a major bidding war involving clubs from at least five major leagues there.

Adu became eligible to play oversees when he turned 18 in June, and his stellar performance

soon after in the FIFA under-20 World Cup only added fuel to the fire of the competition

between the clubs for his services.

Adu had been unhappy at Real Salt Lake, a team at the bottom of the table with only one win in 2007.

Freddy was traded to them from DC United prior to this season, but scored only 2 goals in all for RSL.

In 2004, he made international headlines by becoming the youngest pro athlete drafted in the USA

to any major league of any sport in over 100 years. At the time he was 14, and was the number one

overall pick in that year's MLS SuperDraft.

He played well at United, and won a title with them that year.

In January 2006, he earned his first cap with the senior USMNT in a friendly match vs. Canada.

In 2007, he was the captain of the under-20 USA men's national team in their FIFA World Cup in

Canada. He became only the second player in the world to participate in three under-20 World Cups,

and scored a hat trick in the USA's 6-1 win over Poland in the group stage of the tournament.

Adu was one of the highest-paid players in Major League Soccer, but his endorsements were what

made him such a well-known name and hot commodity. When he was first signed to MLS in 2004,

he already had a $ 1 million endorsement deal with NIKE, and ever since that time there was always

speculation and rumors around the world on which European club would land him when he turned 18.

Early this year, he completed a two-week trial with Manchester United, and as an American-owned club,

it is believed that they will still be interested in obtaining him in the future. For now, Benfica has him,

and they could use his great striking skills: They finished only third this past season in La Liga.

Good player imo.

Guest kingdawson

He woud guarantee you at least 15 goals a season, something none of your other strikers bar Johnson can do.

He woud guarantee you at least 15 goals a season, something none of your other strikers bar Johnson can do.

He currently gets about 15 goals including pens with the team built around him.

If he came here he wouldn't be the main man, our side wouldn't be geared towards him and he wouldn't be penalty taker so I'm not convinced he would score as many as he is at the moment.

Not to mention that his all round game is very poor imo.

Fulham have had a bid for Burnley's Kyle Lafferty turned down. Anyone want to guess which country he plays for?

Aye I seen that.. I'd love to see Fulham team walk out onto the pitch in the green Northern Ireland top thinking they're playing an international :lol: