Alan Oliver: 'top manager' contact claim?

KaKa

never mind, his replacement has blown Morts socks off, apparently

According to who?   bluelaugh.gif

bet you never thought your idol would repeat the past "mistakes" of Fred eh  mackems.gif

Bad timing, no replacement, no "plan", letting the press know first.

Who'd have thought it eh. Not the only big bad nasty chairman in the world after all .....

:lol:

Still obsessed ie your avatar I see ? You should have got over your little hurt feelings by now  bluelaugh.gif

I still can't believe you're 25.

I can't believe I have to try and teach people in their 30's and 40's to suck eggs

According to who?  bluelaugh.gif

bet you never thought your idol would repeat the past "mistakes" of Fred eh  mackems.gif

Who'd have thought it eh. Not the only big bad nasty chairman in the world after all .....

Still obsessed ie your avatar I see ? You should have got over your little hurt feelings by now  bluelaugh.gif

http://constitutionclub.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/yawn8hm.jpg tbh

didn't think I'd hear you say or admit that I've been proved right after all

We/you don't know all the facts yet so we/you shouldn't be judging anyone at the moment. Very few details about Sam's disposition have been announced.

We/you don't know all the facts yet so we/you shouldn't be judging anyone at the moment. Very few details about Sam's disposition have been announced.

One of the most sensible things said over the past two days.

Only Mort, Ashley and a select few others know.  None of us on here, Sky sports and the paper monkeys have not got a fcking clue.

one of the first sensible posts I've seen so far.

You're quite correct in fact.

So much so that it actuall deserves a sensible response. The replacement will be the best man for the job in respect of how well Mort and Ashley want to do, would you agree. Not my choice, or yours. Their choice. Then we can judge them, on how much they back him.

So much so that it actuall deserves a sensible response. The replacement will be the best man for the job in respect of how well Mort and Ashley want to do, would you agree. Not my choice, or yours. Their choice. Then we can judge them, on how much they back him.

I'm interested in seeing how much attention they pay to what the fans say, and/or how much it will be just their choice.

That's better, innit!  :thup: 

I'm interested in seeing how much attention they pay to what the fans say, and/or how much it will be just their choice.

I think it is irrelevant. I don't think they should listen to the fans. I think if they don't have minds of their own, then we are in for a bumpy ride.

But, my point is exactly as before. The measure of the board will be how they back their own man. If they get it wrong, or incompetently fail to find the new Wenger, they will change. The key is how they back him.

I don't expect them to make a shit appointment like Souness, but you never know ie McLaren is in the wings for starters.

Out of interest NE5, and I'm not trying to pick holes here, who would YOU like to see become the next Newcastle manager? Name as many names as you like.

I've said for years, I would ask Wenger to name his price

Out of interest NE5, and I'm not trying to pick holes here, who would YOU like to see become the next Newcastle manager? Name as many names as you like.

no point in doing that. he wouldnt come here no matter how much money he got.

if you don't take a shot you don't score a goal.

If he says no, then look elsewhere. But you never know what a new challenge with the prospect of new rewards could do.

Quite simply, I don't agree that people should lower expectations. I think if you don't have ambition to succeed, you may as well not bother playing.

Slightly different, and I know some people don't agree with this. I would do anything to improve the club. I would move ground. I think they made a huge mistake not moving anywhere in the city where they could build a 70,000 stadium. I don't care about tradition, I want the team to genuinely challenge manure, in this country.

And - biggest of all - every manager in this country [and a growing amount abroad in the last 15 years] have came to see what rewards managing Newcastle to a trophy would bring them. Any manager with confidence in his ability would at least listen to the question.

One last challenge.

If he says no, then look elsewhere. But you never know what a new challenge with the prospect of new rewards could do.

Quite simply, I don't agree that people should lower expectations. I think if you don't have ambition to succeed, you may as well not bother playing.

Slightly different, and I know some people don't agree with this. I would do anything to improve the club. I would move ground. I think they made a huge mistake not moving anywhere in the city where they could build a 70,000 stadium. I don't care about tradition, I want the team to genuinely challenge manure, in this country.

And - biggest of all - every manager in this country [and a growing amount abroad in the last 15 years] have came to see what rewards managing Newcastle to a trophy would bring them. Any manager with confidence in his ability would at least listen to the question.

One last challenge.

what managers would you look to when wenger turns you down then?

I agree.  Shy bairns get nowt.  As is the case with any big names, we won't know unless we ask.  It won't cost owt!

I would move ground. I think they made a huge mistake not moving anywhere in the city where they could build a 70,000 stadium. I don't care about tradition

Hadaway n'shite.

you're happy with our recent history then ?

I would move ground. I think they made a huge mistake not moving anywhere in the city where they could build a 70,000 stadium. I don't care about tradition

Hadaway n's****.

eh? what's that got to do with moving the ground?

One last challenge.

agree, but with sir alex, hes probably the manager in the world we have least chance of getting. arse is his baby, and now he also got a massive transfer kitty as well. he turned france down, no chance in hell he would join us, but as you say, if you dont take a shot, you dont score a goal;P

would love to see us challenging manure, but i think lippi is nearly as good as wenger, and more likely to say yes. italy played more entertaining football under him than ever before last WC. he has the name and reputation to attract the big dawgs as well.

One last challenge.

I'm nor sure. Alex Ferguson is now 5-10 years too late. He asked me who would be number 1 Johnny, and I answered.

I don't follow the foreign game so much, I don't have the time to watch everything or pay all my attention to it. I also think that there will be managers in the lower leagues who could be big managers but probably won't get the chance because of foreign managers. Everybody is bringing in foreign managers because they have won foreign trophies, but there is still only the FA Cup and the league.

Its a gamble and a lottery whoever you choose. How often have you seen the manager of the future get a big job and fade into oblivion or make a huge mess of it. We found it with Dalglish, who was just as qualified as Mourinhho is now. And Gullit too who had won the FA Cup and apparently was going to be one of the top guys. Even waffling shitbag O'Leary when at Leeds became a candidate to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson.

See Jurgen Klinnsman. Is he the new O'Leary, Gullit or the new Hitzfeld.

So you look at the obvious people like Lippi, Ottmar Hitzfeld. Are they as good as Ferguson and Wenger if they are competing directly against them ? You will have to try, to find out. I certainly don't think that they wouldn't be attracted to the club, I think they would be mad if they didn't look and listen.

Hadaway n's****.

eh? what's that got to do with moving the ground?

you replied to my comment about moving the ground ? Didn't you  :kasper:

Probably Roeder if we're going to be really ambitious.

its always obvious when you start to get out of your depth