Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

I remember at the time when he was at his peak for us, kept getting shin splint injuries. When they started using computers to track his jogging, running motion, it was all wrong. He spent the best part of a season being taught how to run properly/develop muscles.

I believe Steven Gerrard had similar problems with his posture as well in his early days which kept leading to injuries.

I have never seen him burning notes but I did see him one Friday night at a Craig David concert at the Arena and then about 3am a bit worse for wear outside Central Station, I saw him again 12 hours later when I took my seat at the match and he was in the starting 11.

46 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I remember at the time when he was at his peak for us, kept getting shin splint injuries. When they started using computers to track his jogging, running motion, it was all wrong. He spent the best part of a season being taught how to run properly/develop muscles.

I believe Steven Gerrard had similar problems with his posture as well in his early days which kept leading to injuries.

IIRC Gerrard's was his hamstrings and he got his wisdom teeth taken out to solve it, which is still something that completely baffles me.

30 minutes ago, kisearch said:

IIRC Gerrard's was his hamstrings and he got his wisdom teeth taken out to solve it, which is still something that completely baffles me.

Rafa banned sweets and ketchup and maybe even chips at Melwood I think as he researched that such stuff wasn’t good for your teeth. Kebabs are good for you though, eh Brucie…

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

Sure Ferguson said he would never have even tried to sign him cos he ran 'wrong'

Just now, gjohnson said:

Sure Ferguson said he would never have even tried to sign him cos he ran 'wrong'

That was Jordan Henderson, who is flat footed and did run straight positionally, my boy is similar, it has since been coached out of him by Klopp.

2 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Knew he said it about someone. 

Ironically the academy kids I’ve seen at SAFC/NUFC run in the same kind of gait, I don’t think with Dyer it wa down to running style per se, however, but how he ran at pace with or without the ball from a starting position, which was more aligned to running on a track and that with the intensity of football, and the kind of training and work done isn’t conducive to being physically tip top conditionally at running. Hence his muscle injuries, hamstring problems, shin splints etc. Same with Owen. Mind I personally think with some kids/players, too much football from an early age can be very damaging. Th can burn out easily whether they are 6 or 22.

9 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I’m saying this from memory but I’m pretty sure the Milan lab is super focused on teeth .

So that’s why Ronaldinho signed for them…

In all seriousness I think Capello at England banned all kinds of stuff related to damage to teeth. Rafa was big on issues relating to back problems and growth too. I know KK when he went to Germany said they were ultra strict on dietary stuff and particular sugar.

2 hours ago, ManDoon said:

I’m saying this from memory but I’m pretty sure the Milan lab is super focused on teeth .

Oral health and general health are very much linked.

Wrong thread, but gum disease in more serious cases of covid is a thing too.

I always understood Owen’s hamstring issues to be posture related, mainly because I once went to the physio wearing a Toon top and the physio told me my posture-related hamstring issues was something I shared with the horse botherer…

:lol: Couldn't help myself soz. Do agree though, would be good to hear.

Interesting to see comments from people saying he was looking a bit worse for wear when doing the Spurs match as I actually noticed he was waiting on the same train up as me from Peterborough and looked perfectly well to me. 

1 minute ago, WackZeeEeerz said:

Wish Dyer a speedy recovery and a long healthy life. I still feel aggrieved when I see Dyer at how he (and Janus) treated SBR at times, proper little egotistical disrespectful tools.

Dyer has treat everyone in his life like shit, especially those who matter most to him. Guess that's part of being sexually abused by your uncle as a child, that wall and front. Poor sod.  

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Dyer has treat everyone in his life like shit, especially those who matter most to him. Guess that's part of being sexually abused by your uncle as a child, that wall and front. Poor sod.  

this, plus I don’t recall Jenas being disrespectful to Bobby either.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Would be good to hear some support from him from the crowd on Saturday.

Think it would be nice if wor flags could knock something up for him though maybe it’s too short notice.