Kieron Dyer

DJ_NUFC

• 8 months later...

To be honest I respect him more in hindsight with his achievements at Newcastle overcoming great personal adversity.

So no title change needed

he was a dick. he used to leave his cashpoint slip in the machine at four lane ends on a regular basis. he also lit cigars with £50 notes on nights out. his entourage caused bother in all the bars/clubs in the town

To be honest I respect him more in hindsight with his achievements at Newcastle overcoming great personal adversity.

he was a dick. he used to leave his cashpoint slip in the machine at four lane ends on a regular basis. he also lit cigars with £50 notes on nights out. his entourage caused bother in all the bars/clubs in the town

Hasn’t that been rubbished about a billion times? No one believes it any more, surely?

Hasn’t that been rubbished about a billion times? No one believes it any more, surely?

i saw it with my own goggly eyes in Baha 2001

Loved how quick he was, can't really remember to much else about him as a player really.

not as good as he thought he was. his finishing was awful. Scholes scored more at St James Park than he did.

But also a key part in one of our most exciting and effective teams over the past 30-40 years.

Not arguing that the end product (actual and metaphorical) was not as good as it could and should have been but he played a key role in some of Robson's best teams

Loved how quick he was, can't really remember to much else about him as a player really.

not as good as he thought he was. his finishing was awful. Scholes scored more at St James Park than he did.

That isn't even remotely close to being true though, is it?

Guest neesy111

Not across Dyer's career at Newcastle.

From 2002 to 2007 Scholes scored 6 to Dyer's 5 at SJP though.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/aug/01/theknowledge.sport

Right. Interesting. Kinda like a Trumpism, take a fact, repeat it whilst excluding some relevant details, and you have a brand new more impressive fact, that, whilst not true, can be argued with a degree of merit, thus creating the impression that new made up fact is actually fact.

My overriding memory of Dyer is that he was unbelievably good on Championship Manager 4.

In real life, he should have been an immense player, but his lifestyle probably led to him being a bit too injury prone and ultimately his body couldn't stand up to the stresses that his raw pace put it under.

Like putting a Ferrari engine in a Lada - a recipe for disaster.

Right. Interesting. Kinda like a Trumpism, take a fact, repeat it whilst excluding some relevant details, and you have a brand new more impressive fact, that, whilst not true, can be argued with a degree of merit, thus creating the impression that new made up fact is actually fact.

the reason why the fact was quoted as Dyer publicly stated he should have Scholes' England place.

i saw it with my own goggly eyes in Baha 2001

Was that pre or post him getting gobbled off by Cheryl on the swing bridge

• 2 years later...
36 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Is it the collapsed lung or something else they are looking at?

Hope he’s okay, obviously. Never been his biggest fan but it’s never nice to hear of someone taken ill.

I dont think its actually been released as to why hes been admitted other than for tests.