José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

We need to get to 41pts asap then start offering him talks for a new deal, try and quickly get this and barton's through, if either start rejecting we start listening to offers and get good money for them and rebuild the entire team around Tiote & HBA.

you know fine well he'd not sign till he sees the types of player we bring in.

So the club needs to start making moves. We don't have to wait until the summer to sign players, lets get cracking.

As has been mentioned, if anything reading the full interview makes me feel slightly better. Interesting to note that he considers 44 points as the level required for safety this year.

The reference to broken promises isn't good though.

sure barton mentioned 42.

wonder what the broken promises are ?. can't see them being softer bog roll in the netty.

That interview makes things seem a little better. When you see quotes plucked and made into stories like that it takes away the larger context of a whole interview.

He says the money has been promised to be spent, whether that's a personal promise or the same hollow promises we've been given is unclear though.

We need to get to 41pts asap then start offering him talks for a new deal, try and quickly get this and barton's through, if either start rejecting we start listening to offers and get good money for them and rebuild the entire team around Tiote & HBA.

So the club needs to start making moves. We don't have to wait until the summer to sign players, lets get cracking.

true we don't have to but it's not really in the selling clubs interest to cut out others by doing business this early.

Guest Roger Kint

To me the broken promises relate to pushing on to challenge  when he came here rather than anything personal.

'I have suffered with the team, with the fall two years ago and have to be realistic. Newcastle is not working well, has made promises it has failed and I am ambitious'

Sounds like he was sold on a team on the up and got what we now know has been a pretty shitty ride.

As has been mentioned, if anything reading the full interview makes me feel slightly better. Interesting to note that he considers 44 points as the level required for safety this year.

The reference to broken promises isn't good though.

sure barton mentioned 42.

wonder what the broken promises are ?. can't see them being softer bog roll in the netty.

Think Colo said in an interview that 42 points was the target too. :thup:

To me the broken promises relate to pushing on to challenge  when he came here rather than anything personal.

'I have suffered with the team, with the fall two years ago and have to be realistic. Newcastle is not working well, has made promises it has failed and I am ambitious'

Sounds like he was sold on a team on the up and got what we now know has been a pretty shitty ride.

aye, same happened to Colo.

This year we will be operating off parachute payment cash iirc, this summer coming we get our hands back on the real loot.

We don't get any parachute payment, because we went straight back up. IIRC.

I reckon the higher we finish up the table this season the better chance we have of keeping him. IMO he could still be convinced to sign a new deal if we end the season brightly and promise new signings in the summer. Could even offer to sell him the summer after once he's signed if we either don't bring in new players or fail to build on this season.

quite possibly, aye.

This year we will be operating off parachute payment cash iirc, this summer coming we get our hands back on the real loot.

We don't get any parachute payment, because we went straight back up.

so have we been given any tele money so far for this season ?

Do you think there team to get into Europe League?

You never know but it is very difficult. That was the first goal of the season,

What?? Our goal for the season was to get into Europe?  :dowie:

Now it becomes clear why Hughton was sacked, we were sitting midtable when he went.

true we don't have to but it's not really in the selling clubs interest to cut out others by doing business this early.

Fair point, but even if they feel like that at least we've made approaches, have already given a fair offer and the player knows of our interest. All the ground work is in, if the player and agent like it it may force the club in to action leaving a lot of other suitors on the back foot and may not have funds available to make their move. It will also give Ipswich a chance to size up their options early in the summer with £8m or so in the bank ready to spend, quite a bit for any Championship club who's been hanging around that league beyond parachute payments.

We don't get any parachute payment, because we went straight back up.

so have we been given any tele money so far for this season ?

Huh? I assume so, yes.

I meant that I'm sure I read that clubs falling from the Premier League don't receive a parachute payment if they go straight back up (the money is split between the football league). Makes sense if you think about it, otherwise clubs like West Brom could make a living out of doing it.

I'm not up to speed with what constitutes European qualification this season... would we need Arsenal to win the Carling Cup and the FA Cup final to be contested by two top 5 sides for it to drop to 7th place?

Fair point, but even if they feel like that at least we've made approaches, have already given a fair offer and the player knows of our interest. All the ground work is in, if the player and agent like it it may force the club in to action leaving a lot of other suitors on the back foot and may not have funds available to make their move. It will also give Ipswich a chance to size up their options early in the summer with £8m or so in the bank ready to spend, quite a bit for any Championship club who's been hanging around that league beyond parachute payments.

thats probably whats happening right now.

to jose,tiote and barton.

I'm not up to speed with what constitutes European qualification this season... would we need Arsenal to win the Carling Cup and the FA Cup final to be contested by two top 5 sides for it to drop to 7th place?

Yup.

1st - Champions League proper

2nd - Champions League proper

3rd - Champions League qualifier

4th - Champions League qualifier

5th - Europa League

FA Cup winner - Europa League if club has not already qualified for Europe, otherwise 6th place gets it

League Cup winner - Europa League if club has not already qualified for Europe, otherwise 7th (or 6th) place gets it