José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Nothing wrong with them starting low and haggling up tbh. It's what I'd want us to do if the roles were reversed.

I'd be bitterly disappointed if we got any less than 7 as an absolute minimum though. He's quality.

£4m offer from the club that paid £18m for Glen Johnson, f*** off. 

No wonder they want him if they think they can get him for anything less than 8.

If other teams rate him that low, perhaps we will hang on to him after all.

Nothing wrong with them starting low and haggling up tbh. It's what I'd want us to do if the roles were reversed.

I'd be bitterly disappointed if we got any less than 7 as an absolute minimum though. He's quality.

Only people with their head in the clouds actually believed/still believe that a player in the final year of his contract can command £15m. The selling price will be £6-8M IMO. Liverpool will know that if we hold on to him other (bigger) clubs will be in for him when he leaves on a free. They will up their bid or lose out.

Only people with their head in the clouds actually believed/still believe that a player in the final year of his contract can command £15m. The selling price will be £6-8M IMO. Liverpool will know that if we hold on to him other (bigger) clubs will be in for him when he leaves on a free. They will up their bid or lose out.

If he's still here at the back end of August we'll be lucky to get 5. No reflection on the player or his ability but his contract situation isn't in our favour. He holds most of the cards.

I'd rather keep him another year and then have him leave on a free than sell him for £4m.

I hope our response was just ridiculous laughter for 2 minutes followed by us worldessly hanging up.

I'd rather keep him another year and then have him leave on a free than sell him for £4m.

I hope our response was just ridiculous laughter for 2 minutes followed by us worldessly hanging up.

Me too. We lost that much just on Pardew's daft substitutions against WBA. I'd far rather he played another season and left for Spain or Italy.

Me too. We lost that much just on Pardew's daft substitutions against WBA. I'd far rather he played another season and left for Spain or Italy.

What if he's playing poorly because he doesn't really want to be here? Very hypothetical obviously.

What if he's playing poorly because he doesn't really want to be here? Very hypothetical obviously.

Would decrease his chances of a move to a top club, even on a free, if he had a poor season next year. He'll be playing for his potential suitors rather than us, but I don't see him playing badly as a cause of staying one more year.

Would decrease his chances of a move to a top club, even on a free, if he had a poor season next year. He'll be playing for his potential suitors rather than us, but I don't see him playing badly as a cause of staying one more year.

Was coming at it from Ashley's point of view tbh. The absolute worst outcome for him(/us?) is him walking away for nothing in 12 months.

If he's playing poorly because he'd had his head turned and wants away then I think Ashley would let him go for less than he'd want imo. You're right in what you say though, poor performances won't do him any good.

Think he's too professional to start playing shit because he wants to leave. He signed a 5 year contract, no harm in making him honour it. Same for Barton, we need him next year too.

I think Liverpool are offering so little as they're aware of just how much they overpaid in the Carroll deal. That's their problem though. Even if they offered £10m I'd tell them to get lost. Personally I'd rather sell Enrique overseas for £4m than to the scouse bin dippers for £10m

I think Enrique will have too many options abroad at the end of his contract to bother playing badly so he can get a move to a shit-hole like Liverpool.

I think Enrique will have too many options abroad at the end of his contract to bother playing badly so he can get a move to a shit-hole like Liverpool.

Not so sure. Guess we'll have to see.

Still think the Ashley factor might come into play somewhere down the line when in gets down to brass tacks. We already know that if a good deal is on the table on deadline day then he'll do it.

We'll see.

Thinking about this again earlier, and even though it's supposedly a laughably low offer, if there's any truth in it I think we can expect Enrique to put in a transfer request soon.