José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Sorry if I've missed this, but is Enrique leaving the tour as the young lads been called up?

Surely after these comments?

ALERT! ALERT! PEOPLE CRITICISING CLUB OWNER!

God you're tiresome

Now are you sure you have spelled tiresome correctly?

If not, the spelling police will call and Dave's the founder.

I just wish players would keep this s*** in house. Barton, Jose...they must think we're the only non top 6 club who sells if a big offer comes in. Bet they weren't whinging last year when they were picking up £5m between them in the Championship.

I think the players do make an effort to keep things inhouse.  There have been many arguments between the players and Ashley/Llambias and most stuff stays in house.  Nolan always said this was important to give the club an appearance of stability.  The trouble is this helps the hierarchy because it is the players who get accused of a lack of loyalty or being greedy when they decide to move on.

The sale of Carroll was the breaking point because I believe he did not want to leave and the other players knew that as well.

When you have players like Given, Nolan and Jose who have been very happy at the club wanting to leave because they are not happy with what's going on, then they can't all be wrong.  The circumstances may differ but we only ever hear one side of the story.

Excellent post. Far more articulate than my posts on the same subject and exactly what I was thinking.

Since when did Nolan want to go because he wasn't happy?  Nolan left because we wouldn't offer him the contract he wanted, a contract that we'd have been utter morons to offer.

Idon't have any doubt he is a top left back but we like a lot of clubs can't afford to match top 4 wages.

I don't know if that is considered sticking up for the owners, just think it's being realistic  :undecided:

As I said a while back, if we wants champions league football we won't be offering that for a long time. Surely he could have seen that when he made comments about signing a new contract once we were safe? ???

I just wish players would keep this s*** in house. Barton, Jose...they must think we're the only non top 6 club who sells if a big offer comes in. Bet they weren't whinging last year when they were picking up £5m between them in the Championship.

I think the players do make an effort to keep things inhouse.  There have been many arguments between the players and Ashley/Llambias and most stuff stays in house.  Nolan always said this was important to give the club an appearance of stability.  The trouble is this helps the hierarchy because it is the players who get accused of a lack of loyalty or being greedy when they decide to move on.

The sale of Carroll was the breaking point because I believe he did not want to leave and the other players knew that as well.

When you have players like Given, Nolan and Jose who have been very happy at the club wanting to leave because they are not happy with what's going on, then they can't all be wrong.  The circumstances may differ but we only ever hear one side of the story.

Excellent post. Far more articulate than my posts on the same subject and exactly what I was thinking.

Since when did Nolan want to go because he wasn't happy?  Nolan left because we wouldn't offer him the contract he wanted, a contract that we'd have been utter morons to offer.

Has he ever said that?

Do you believe anything PR-dew says?

I see a lot of talk right now about people defending the board, yet I don't see anyone actually defending them.

It's clear something's amiss but to come out and spread this kind of s*** all over twitter is the real problem here.

You don't see much evidence of professionalism from the players or the management.

Can any Spanish speaker try and do a proper non-google translation?

I've tried to tidy it up from the automatic translation, but I can't be sure I'm not misquoting

The club is letting all the major players of the team go. Seriously, do you think is the fault of the players? Andy, Nobby etc?

This club will never fight again to be among the top six with this policy.

I think you fans are the best and you deserve the best, not what they are doing with the club. Thanks to everyone for supporting me

They're offering me the money I have already. They lie all the time. But is not for money is because they don't want me.

They don't want spend on the club and bring quality players. That's why everybody is going.

I think the players do make an effort to keep things inhouse.  There have been many arguments between the players and Ashley/Llambias and most stuff stays in house.  Nolan always said this was important to give the club an appearance of stability.  The trouble is this helps the hierarchy because it is the players who get accused of a lack of loyalty or being greedy when they decide to move on.

When you have players like Given, Nolan and Jose who have been very happy at the club wanting to leave because they are not happy with what's going on, then they can't all be wrong.  The circumstances may differ but we only ever hear one side of the story.

Since when did Nolan want to go because he wasn't happy?  Nolan left because we wouldn't offer him the contract he wanted, a contract that we'd have been utter morons to offer.

Has he ever said that?

Yes, he (Nolan) said he wanted a longer contract than we would offer.

After re-reading his first line I wouldn't be surprised if the club are touting Tiote etc around.

They were blatantly doing that to Carroll in January and perhaps MA views this as the means to get his loan back.

Certainly wouldn't surprise me.

I don't one club who would have rejected Carroll's bid in our position, or would have matched the Nolan offer West Ham gave him (hence why he dropped a division). The fans know it's going to be a few years before we're back in the top 6, so why the fuck does he say this? If he wants to go to a top 6 club fair enough, but no need whatsoever to make that public when we're going about things pretty nicely.

Has he ever said that?

Yes, he (Nolan) said he wanted a longer contract than we would offer.

Don't recall seeing the quotes, can you re-post?

cheers.

I see a lot of talk right now about people defending the board, yet I don't see anyone actually defending them.

It's clear something's amiss but to come out and spread this kind of s*** all over twitter is the real problem here.

You don't see much evidence of professionalism from the players or the management.

The club's hierarchy are taking the piss and it's breeding similar from the players. It's not a surprise at all.

I don't one club who would have rejected Carroll's bid in our position, or would have matched the Nolan offer West Ham gave him (hence why he dropped a division). The fans know it's going to be a few years before we're back in the top 6, so why the fuck does he say this? If he wants to go to a top 6 club fair enough, but no need whatsoever to make that public when we're going about things pretty nicely.

I still can't believe we got 35 million for him.

There's a difference between rejecting a massive bid out of the blue (and I agree with your point) and touting to get the biggest fee for him i.e; planning for the sale.

Which I believe we were.

I don't mind the sale of Nolan the player but I think it's implications are absolutely obvious and would not have even been considered by those who count at NUFC. MA/DL.

Sorry if I've missed this, but is Enrique leaving the tour as the young lads been called up?

not being mentioned, probably a replacement for simpson

we've lost Simpson and Ryan Taylor went off injured against Orlando,  that only leaves us 4 defenders out in America Tavernier, Taylor, Colo and Jose.

I don't one club who would have rejected Carroll's bid in our position, or would have matched the Nolan offer West Ham gave him (hence why he dropped a division). The fans know it's going to be a few years before we're back in the top 6, so why the f*** does he say this? If he wants to go to a top 6 club fair enough, but no need whatsoever to make that public when we're going about things pretty nicely.

Agree with that.

My hunch is we've been holding out for too much money for him behind the scenes and this will get him his move.

After re-reading his first line I wouldn't be surprised if the club are touting Tiote etc around.

They were blatantly doing that to Carroll in January and perhaps MA views this as the means to get his loan back.

Certainly wouldn't surprise me.

:lol:

When he says we are letting all the top players leave - andy and nobby etc, who are the etc..?

It'll be those whose agents have been told we'd happily sell them for x.

There's essentially nobody on our squad list who is not for sale.

So, all this bollocks about using the AC Money to reinvest/move forward etc, is just that. Bollocks.