José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

No need for the big club comment in that interview.

Agreed, quite an unnecessarily dickish thing to say.

I'm glad he said it, it was obvious he was tapped up by the the scouse scum ages ago, despite the hand wringing going on in here. Fuck off and good riddance.

So obvious and yet we were caught completely by surprise and couldn't get a replacement. :lol:

So this day has finally came :( Theres no way I'll be able to watch Liverpool this season. That 'big club' comment was unnecessary though.

Certainly will be giving their games a wide birth this year, bitter, bitter petty twat that I am.

Fucking Liverpool cunts.

Must be just me not bothered by that big club comment, then. We've proved through our penny pinching and key player sales that we're not even attempting to become 'big'. We certainly aren't now.

Must be just me not bothered by that big club comment, then. We've proved through our penny pinching and key player sales that we're not even attempting to become 'big'. We certainly aren't now.

Not just you. It's blatantly the truth, and as midds says it's the same stuff every player comes out with when they sign for a new club anyway.

i'm not bothered about it in the slightest, he's 110% correct and under this regime we will never be one.

Always thought he was s****.

:lol:

Agreed. Glad he left, but still depressed that it was for such a low fee. He clearly didn't want to be here, but the talks going from £12m to £6m in two months is just depressing.

Well Pardew keeps reminding us that we are no longer a big club and to remember our place down amongst the lesser teams in the Premier League.

Guest Wally_McFool

We know the score but Jose should keep things like that to himself IMO.

Disrespectful to a lot of people who thought the world of him.

Always thought he was s****.

:lol:

Agreed. Glad he left, but still depressed that it was for such a low fee. He clearly didn't want to be here, but the talks going from £12m to £6m in two months is just depressing.

Doesn't get me excited either, just he should have shown a bit more respect for his former fans but ultimately he is right.  The classless twat!!!  :lol:

I can't believe we didn't even make a profit from selling him.

In accounting terms he was worth 6 million when he first signed but with one year left on his contract he was worth 1/4 or 1/5 of 6 million depending on whether he signed a 4 or 5 year contract. Actually think it was 5 so valued at 6/5 = 1.2 million in the accounts.

Is that right accounts blokes?

In accounting terms he was worth 6 million when he first signed but with one year left on his contract he was worth 1/4 or 1/5 of 6 million depending on whether he signed a 4 or 5 year contract. Actually think it was 5 so valued at 6/5 = 1.2 million in the accounts.

Could very well be, depending on your chosen policy of accounting :lol: Players don't really have straight-line depreciation though, and I would have thought Jose Enrique's fair value would have gone up since he was signed, which would increase the depreciation charge per year and the value of that last remaining year.

Don't think accounting really works with players though. You'd have to look at cashflows etc, - it's basically an unworthwhile schlep to calculate :lol:

Could very well be, depending on your chosen policy of accounting :lol: Players don't really have straight-line depreciation though, and I would have thought Jose Enrique's fair value would have gone up since he was signed, which would increase the depreciation charge per year and the value of that last remaining year.

Don't think accounting really works with players though. You'd have to look at cashflows etc, - it's basically an unworthwhile schlep to calculate :lol:

I always thought that for the accounts if a player signs for 5 million on a 5 year contract he'd be worth 4m after 1 year, 3m after 2, 2m after 3 and so on

We know the score but Jose should keep things like that to himself IMO.

Disrespectful to a lot of people who thought the world of him.

But Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in England & the world - got nothing to do with Newcastle.  ???

No need for the big club comment in that interview.

Agreed, quite an unnecessarily dickish thing to say.

I'm glad he said it, it was obvious he was tapped up by the the scouse scum ages ago, despite the hand wringing going on in here. Fuck off and good riddance.

So obvious and yet we were caught completely by surprise and couldn't get a replacement. :lol:

I think we are trying to get a replacement. It could have been done better but getting players in for the fees and wages we are prepared to pay is not the easiest task. Whether we should be upping fees and wages is a different topic altogether. I'd like to think we could but I'm no accountant.

I don't blame him for going and I wish him the best because he was a good player for us.

But, it bothers me that he complained about the lack of ambition at our club, when he wasn't exactly a world beater when we signed him. He was given the time to develop at our club after being a player involved in our relegation season. He can say what he wants about the quality of players we have now, but many of them are more experienced than he was when we signed him.