José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I choose to blame the Spanish national team manager here rather than Enrique being greedy. He's easily good enough to make the Spain squad (at least get a few caps/runouts here and there), and with Euro 2012 drawing near it's a realistic aim in current form. But the fuckers in Spain seem to be ignoring him because they'd rather field whatever mediocre s*** left back they have pansying around in Spain flip-flopping all over the place at the slightest contact than a hard-as-nails, 6 foot, Maldini-esque beast of a fullback who when he goes forward makes Roberto Carlos look like Ameobi on stilts. It's a comical situation, mediocre nothing players like Arbeloa get into the Spanish side after a few dozen half-decent games because he's part of Rafa Benitez's homebois at Liverpool, yet Enrique tearing up the league for fun every other week doesn't so much as get a sniff. And we're going to lose one of our best players because some f***er in Spain can't be bothered to switch a telly on and watch a Newcastle game.  :angry:

This is a very good point.

In a similar vein, on late kick off they were saying it was the main reason why Bent went to Villa - Cappello just doesn't travel north of Birmingham.

For the Spanish team, you might as well be ploughing your trade in Indonesia if you are not at one of the monster clubs outside of España.

I fear I'm automatically programmed to hate him when he leaves (as with past good players), when I really don't want to. In a world where Tiote and Ben Arfa exists, he's still my favourite player.

Suppose it depends on which club it is, how much for and who we replace him with.

This is awful  :weep:

Guest palnese

I'm okay with it. I like him and he's a fantastic player, but I don't love our players the same way I did before the whole Andy Carroll saga. I've just lost faith in them.

It's amazing that a player can sit there and say "I want to play Champions League football, be at a big club like Man U" and people still go "Well it must be Ashley and Pardew wanting rid, it simply has to be. There's no other explanation" :lol:

I have to say, not one person has said that. A mention of Pardew possibly trying to up our eventual price for him, but why not - doesn't mean Enrique didn't initiate the deal, just that Pardew's sensibly been wanting to up our eventual price for him.

There are plenty people hinting at it, be it about the Twitter incident or the Carroll sale or him wanting more money or whathaveyou.

When in reality, he simply wants CL football and wants to be at a bigger club. It sucks, but it's truth.

A lack of ambition from the club possibly plays a part in him feeling like that though.

Hopefully we will invest well in the summer and Enrique and Barton will sign new deals.

I can hope.

That's the thing though, I don't think we've shown a lack of ambition yet (although I expect us to).

There is no lack of ambition in selling Carroll for £35m and any player in the squad that claims there is, is just looking for an excuse.

The lack of ambition is not reinvesting the money. Which we haven't even had a chance to do yet.

It's amazing that a player can sit there and say "I want to play Champions League football, be at a big club like Man U" and people still go "Well it must be Ashley and Pardew wanting rid, it simply has to be. There's no other explanation" :lol:

I have to say, not one person has said that. A mention of Pardew possibly trying to up our eventual price for him, but why not - doesn't mean Enrique didn't initiate the deal, just that Pardew's sensibly been wanting to up our eventual price for him.

There are plenty people hinting at it, be it about the Twitter incident or the Carroll sale or him wanting more money or whathaveyou.

When in reality, he simply wants CL football and wants to be at a bigger club. It sucks, but it's truth.

A lack of ambition from the club possibly plays a part in him feeling like that though.

Hopefully we will invest well in the summer and Enrique and Barton will sign new deals.

I can hope.

No 'possibly' about it in my eyes. We need to be convincing these players that we are going places ourselves and will win things, even if it's unlikely on the law of averages. Good players will only come/stay here if they believe that the club is trying to move forward and challenge for better things.

I can hope.

That's the thing though, I don't think we've shown a lack of ambition yet (although I expect us to).

There is no lack of ambition in selling Carroll for £35m and any player in the squad that claims there is, is just looking for an excuse.

The lack of ambition is not reinvesting the money. Which we haven't even had a chance to do yet.

I agree but I still think that sale may have lead to the likes of Enrique questioning their long term futures and if that lies here at NUFC.

We have a good core here and if we add to it well this summer with the money available I don't see why we can't really push on.

Just hope Enrique can buy into that.

Some people are acting as if he has been sold already.

As I suspected. Well, it's me who mentioned the twitter incident, but you're seeing shadows - the issue is simply whether that was a genuine accident or a deliberate indication of an issue, regardless of what the problem was or who caused it. It could have been a dig over the sacking of his trusted mentor, it could have been him laying the foundations of a greedy betrayal of a club. Or it could have been absolutely nothing.

Aside from that, you've managed to change people - and not the usual suspects - saying Enrique's leaving for more money into people saying Ashley and Pardew are cleverly forcing him out of the club, which is impressive and suits an "everybody's stupid" agenda, but not right.

Earlier in the season, he was talking about making sure we stayed up and then pushing on next year.  Maybe the players are beginning to realise that the owner has no real intentions of pushing on and if they want to win things and play in Europe, then they will have to move to achieve that.  Everytime, they start to look upwards, the club makes a decision that causes a setback.  If we can't hold onto the local lad who has always dreamed of playing for the club, we have no chance wilth players like Enrique.

I can hope.

I agree but I still think that sale may have lead to the likes of Enrique questioning their long term futures and if that lies here at NUFC.

We have a good core here and if we add to it well this summer with the money available I don't see why we can't really push on.

Just hope Enrique can buy into that.

Some people are acting as if he has been sold already.

:sadnod:

Massively short cited if he sights ambition and CL football for a reason to move on then moves to somewhere like Villa or even Liverpool. It's almost laughable. Shows his true character, motivated by money, like every footballer.

I can hope.

Disagree, especially when they said all along that he wasn't for sale at any price. You only have to look at the effect it's had on the supposed new contract talks to see that some of the players are unconvinced. From being reportedly close to announcing them, now the players want to wait and see what happens. Even Barton, who has agreed a deal in principle and says he wants to stay etc etc (personally I do believe him) has put the brakes on.

We don't know what the feeling is within the dressing room, for all we know they might have been told that we're not going to spend the money.

Guest Heneage

Every player is up for sale. Surely the Carroll transfer convinced everyone of that.

If Liverpool, or anyone else, whack a £12m bid for him then he'll go. He'll only have a year left on his deal and we'll snap their hands off. It's a c*** of a situation but that's where we are.

Oh come on, Carroll went for £35 m man, if people want to pay that kind of over the top fee for all our players go for it. We are hardly having a fire sale though.

Disagree, especially when they said all along that he wasn't for sale at any price. You only have to look at the effect it's had on the supposed new contract talks to see that some of the players are unconvinced. From being reportedly close to announcing them, now the players want to wait and see what happens. Even Barton, who has agreed a deal in principle and says he wants to stay etc etc (personally I do believe him) has put the brakes on.

We don't know what the feeling is within the dressing room, for all we know they might have been told that we're not going to spend the money.

Did Liverpool show a lack of ambition in selling Torres?

This is shit if true. How relaible are those quotes? Could they have been fabricated?

I can understand selling Carroll for 35M, but we're not gonna crazy money for him. It's one area that I will assess Pardew on, whether he can sell the club's vision to our star players so that they don't leave in the summer

Massively short cited if he sights ambition and CL football for a reason to move on then moves to somewhere like Villa or even Liverpool. It's almost laughable. Shows his true character, motivated by money, like every footballer.

I think people are putting a little too much emphasis on his mention of Villa (and possibly Liverpool) tbh. All he says there is that he knows they've enquired, not that he thinks they're a brilliant bet for the CL.

But if I can come to the conclusions I've come to about the Board, so can they. And they're closer to the action so they might well be picking up even more on the grapevine.

Did Liverpool show a lack of ambition in selling Torres?

Torres has played like a drunk for the last 18 months, and Chelsea were willing to bankroll them buying a top striker and the best young striker in England to replace him. Also, they had those moves lined up before letting Torres go, amazingly enough. So no.

Can't blame if does one. With a lack quality of left backs knocking around they will easily get around  £12m to 15m regardless of him having a year left on his contract. I am forecasting he leaves via a transfer request as well & the clubs PR machine kicking in once again. 

"He put a transfer request in & with only 12 months left on his contract what else could we do? He wanted to go"

"The money from Enrique sale will help us secure Tiote "

"Look since HE left we have a zillion draws & 1 win, who is Jose?"

Can't blame if does one. With a lack quality of left backs knocking around they will easily get around  £12m to 15m regardless of him having a year left on his contract. I am forecasting he leaves via a transfer request as well & the clubs PR machine kicking in once again. 

"He put a transfer request in & with only 12 months left on his contract what else could we do? He wanted to go"

"The money from Enrique sale will help us secure Tiote "

"Look since HE left we have a zillion draws & 1 win, who is Jose?"

:thup:

And a bunch of mugs people will buy it once again and turn on him, as 80 mentioned earlier.