José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Anyway, going back to the EL being a shopping window. Espanyol sold off most of their UEFA final side (Riera, Zabaleta, Rufete, Lacruz...). If you are playing for a midtable club that doesn't qualify often (not the case of Villa these past years) the EL is a great place to get yourself seen and noticed.

Making the EL a two leg knockout competition would be brilliant. I'd watch Liverpool or Everton or whoever regardless if I thought there was really something to play for in these matches.

The EL format seems to be built on an idea that the TV money will be maximised. This is clearly not happening, as the figures involved are miniscule prior to the last 8 or so, but the way UEFA see it as some sort of junior CL from which teams aspire to graduate is rooted in a fantasy world.

I'm probably ranting, but I fucking hate everyone involved in football these days. FIFA with their corrupt apparatchiks, UEFA with their fucking cluelessness and hypocrisy (176 quid CL final tickets, FFS), the Premier League and their kowtowing to whoever shows them the money, the clubs for their disgusting financial recklessness and self interest, the players for their stomach churning lack of loyalty and misplaced sense of entitlement, the money grabbing, parasitic agents, the whole fucking lot of it.

Even non league potential heroes are absolute cunts *looks at Crawley* these days.

Football really is like the banking industry. They fuck us over, cream it in, give the very least they can get away with, and we just carry on supporting it, grinning like a bunch of witless morons who will put up with anything.

Anyway, going back to the EL being a shopping window. Espanyol sold off most of their UEFA final side (Riera, Zabaleta, Rufete, Lacruz...). If you are playing for a midtable club that doesn't qualify often (not the case of Villa these past years) the EL is a great place to get yourself seen and noticed.

i don't really think that was down to the europa league.

Making the EL a two leg knockout competition would be brilliant. I'd watch Liverpool or Everton or whoever regardless if I thought there was really something to play for in these matches.

The EL format seems to be built on an idea that the TV money will be maximised. This is clearly not happening, as the figures involved are miniscule prior to the last 8 or so, but the way UEFA see it as some sort of junior CL from which teams aspire to graduate is rooted in a fantasy world.

I'm probably ranting, but I f***ing hate everyone involved in football these days. FIFA with their corrupt apparatchiks, UEFA with their f***ing cluelessness and hypocrisy (176 quid CL final tickets, FFS), the Premier League and their kowtowing to whoever shows them the money, the clubs for their disgusting financial recklessness and self interest, the players for their stomach churning lack of loyalty and misplaced sense of entitlement, the money grabbing, parasitic agents, the whole f***ing lot of it.

Even non league potential heroes are absolute c***s *looks at Crawley* these days.

Football really is like the banking industry. They f*** us over, cream it in, give the very least they can get away with, and we just carry on supporting it, grinning like a bunch of witless morons who will put up with anything.

as it says in, well, your sig.

i've siad it before, it's only my partizanship to nufc and gambling that give me any intrest these days. i used to watch every live game regardless, now i find i watch foreign football more as i don't know that player is wanting a 20,000 raise, that one's paid through the nose for his lawyer to get him off an assault charge, that one gives great interviews but treets people like shit etc etc etc.

I'm probably ranting, but I fucking hate everyone involved in football these days. FIFA with their corrupt apparatchiks, UEFA with their fucking cluelessness and hypocrisy (176 quid CL final tickets, FFS), the Premier League and their kowtowing to whoever shows them the money, the clubs for their disgusting financial recklessness and self interest, the players for their stomach churning lack of loyalty and misplaced sense of entitlement, the money grabbing, parasitic agents, the whole fucking lot of it.

Even non league potential heroes are absolute cunts *looks at Crawley* these days.

Football really is like the banking industry. They fuck us over, cream it in, give the very least they can get away with, and we just carry on supporting it, grinning like a bunch of witless morons who will put up with anything.

:clap:

FWIW there was 250 people at the Kazan v Twente game midweek. It is like they've been to 'How to butcher a perfectly fine competition' lessons or some shit.

Outstanding post, really.

Guest JamesyJazz

Good luck to the guy if he wants to play in the C.L.

He stuck by the toon when other players jumped ship.

The lad is class,we can all see that,we appreciate it and we all wish he could be our first choice for the next 4/5 seasons.

Saddly,this will not be,the likes of Man Ure n Scouse scum have well deserved desires to take him away to western climes.

Can we replace him?Well,its like ,in my opinion,gettin a right full boot in the knackers,then,letting you recover enough to stand up,then smackin you in the solar plexus so you hit the deck like a well hooked mackeral by Newtown rocks.

The lad is class,we can all see that,we appreciate it and we all wish he could be our first choice for the next 4/5 seasons.

Saddly,this will not be,the likes of Man Ure n Scouse scum have well deserved desires to take him away to western climes.

Can we replace him?Well,its like ,in my opinion,gettin a right full boot in the knackers,then,letting you recover enough to stand up,then smackin you in the solar plexus so you hit the deck like a well hooked mackeral by Newtown rocks.

WTF :lol:

more so, the offers didn't come in.

How much is José Enrique (supposedly) on?

£35k

I thought it was said to be more like £55k p/w? Something like £3m/3.5m Euros pa. A legacy of the days early Ashley days along with Smith et al.

I'm probably ranting, but I f***ing hate everyone involved in football these days. FIFA with their corrupt apparatchiks, UEFA with their f***ing cluelessness and hypocrisy (176 quid CL final tickets, FFS), the Premier League and their kowtowing to whoever shows them the money, the clubs for their disgusting financial recklessness and self interest, the players for their stomach churning lack of loyalty and misplaced sense of entitlement, the money grabbing, parasitic agents, the whole f***ing lot of it.

Even non league potential heroes are absolute c***s *looks at Crawley* these days.

Football really is like the banking industry. They f*** us over, cream it in, give the very least they can get away with, and we just carry on supporting it, grinning like a bunch of witless morons who will put up with anything.

as it says in, well, your sig.

i've siad it before, it's only my partizanship to nufc and gambling that give me any intrest these days. i used to watch every live game regardless, now i find i watch foreign football more as i don't know that player is wanting a 20,000 raise, that one's paid through the nose for his lawyer to get him off an assault charge, that one gives great interviews but treets people like shit etc etc etc.

Agree with both of you here. My mates get all excited by the Chelsea v Manu or whatever but I don't, I just fucking hate them and what they are all about. The uefa league is incredibly shit these days and needs to be changed to a knockout format as you say Brummie.

Guest EastEndGeordie

Evra extending his contract means Enrique may very well have one less suitor come summer time. [/finding the positives]

Yes well who else is going to buy him? Seriously lets look at the Six major teams who may want him.

Man City - Zabeleta

Chelsea - A Cole

Man Utd - Evra

Arsenal - Clichy

Spurs - Bale

Liverpool - Kon..... Oh s***

Basically if he does go, he'd go to Liverpool, let's just hope they're looking elsewhere for a LB.

EDIT

Evra extending his contract means Enrique may very well have one less suitor come summer time. [/finding the positives]

Yes well who else is going to buy him? Seriously lets look at the Six major teams who may want him.

Man City - David Silva

Chelsea - A Cole

Man Utd - Evra

Arsenal - Clichy

Spurs - Bale

Basically if he does go, he'd go to Liverpool, let's just hope they're looking elsewhere for a LB.

David Silva is hardly a left back.

Man City - David Silva

Chelsea - A Cole

Man Utd - Evra

Arsenal - Clichy

Spurs - Bale

???

They have Kolarov in there, who started rather badly but it's growing into one of his best attacking assets lately.