José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I think this CL thing is becoming a bit of an excuse now like.

We're not in Europe, but I just get the feeling we're not a million miles away from convincing him to stay.

Guest ovesbar

“I rate Gael very highly but I rate highly as well Kieran Gibbs, and he is now at an age where he has to play. And that’s the main reason behind that, to give Gibbs a chance”.

- Wenger

Looks like Arsenal is out of the picture..

I rate Gael very highly but I rate highly as well Kieran Gibbs, and he is now at an age where he has to play. And thats the main reason behind that, to give Gibbs a chance.

- Wenger

This is now where Wenger does a turnaround and say's Fab isn't going anywhere....

And Pep pops a 35 million bid over to Mike for Jose  :snod:

And that's another example of why Arsenal will do jackshit again under Wenger. They'll do their usual bully the lower sides get a few 5 or 6-0 wins early on, everyone will big them up calling them contenders again, and by February/March they'll have lost it...maybe even sooner this year.

Guest ovesbar

And that's another example of why Arsenal will do jackshit again under Wenger. They'll do their usual bully the lower sides get a few 5 or 6-0 wins early on, everyone will big them up calling them contenders again, and by February/March they'll have lost it...maybe even sooner this year.

Exactly..selling your more experienced players to your title-rivals and replacing them with young talents..

“I rate Gael very highly but I rate highly as well Kieran Gibbs, and he is now at an age where he has to play. And that’s the main reason behind that, to give Gibbs a chance”.

- Wenger

Our deluded savior.

Put a clause in Enrique's new contract stating that if a Champions League club put in an offer for him which NUFC find acceptable he is free to go.

Providing that club doesnt end up being fucking Liverpool id be happy with that.

Put a clause in Enrique's new contract stating that if a Champions League club put in an offer for him which NUFC find acceptable he is free to go.

That's a clause every player has in their contracts at the moment tbh, well minus the champions league bit :lol:

With Liverpool possibly signing Cissoko and now Arsene saying that Gibbs will be his first choice left back.........

Things are suddenly looking up regarding Jose being a NUFC player for the foreseeable future.

(Won't be holding my breath though tbh)

Unless he's planning to stay with us past this year, then why would he sign a contract? No one's jumping head first to sign him at a 'discount' with a year left. Why would they wait for him to sign a new contract just to pay more? If all he wants is CL football he's better off leaving his contract to run and he'd obviously have numerous suitors on a free.

Not that I wouldn't love for him to sign a new contract, like. :lol:

I think it's a bit naive to assume that none of the top clubs want him. There's ages left remember, with a year left on his contract the other clubs know we'll panic later on. We're no different.

I think it's a bit naive to assume that none of the top clubs want him. There's ages left remember, with a year left on his contract the other clubs know we'll panic later on. We're no different.

Yep - He'd be better off financially and probably in terms of options too by waiting the year and seeing his contract out.

Evra will be 31 next summer as will Ashley Cole - both Chelsea and Man Utd may like the idea of taking him for nothing next year with a view to bedding him in the following season and eventually make him first choice. If he's not up to it at their level, then flog him for a good profit.

Yep - He'd be better off financially and probably in terms of options too by waiting the year and seeing his contract out.

Evra will be 31 next summer as will Ashley Cole - both Chelsea and Man Utd may like the idea of taking him for nothing next year with a view to bedding him in the following season and eventually make him first choice. If he's not up to it at their level, then flog him for a good profit.

on the other hand its a lot of time to show we mean business and get him to stay

on the other hand its a lot of time to show we mean business and get him to stay

I'd have hoped we'd be showing him we mean business by reinvesting a significant proportion of the AC money now rather than constantly looking for freebies and break-clauses whilst chatting on about a few changes to the training ground like its a big thing.

If you only sell your best prospect because the offer was so good then you should have no problem with reinvesting the money in the first team to make up for his loss.

In my opinion, we'll not be too far from like for like by the time the season starts, with incomings & outgoings without sorting out the overall squad depth.

How does that show anyone we 'mean business' and what incentive does it give Jose to hang around?

If I was one of the top four left backs in the league, I'd be looking to play for one of the top four clubs.

I think the only way we could convince him to stay would be to tell him we're looking at Europe this year and making a push on the top 6.

That may be enough for him not to want the arse-ache of uprooting/taking a risk on a new team/new area etc.

How do we push on to the challening the top 6? Invest the money on some proven quality to add to the decent squad we already have.

What fucks me off more than anything is that we're really not that far off being a very capable first 11 and only need two or three good solid signings and a bit of luck to push on next year.

There is NO way this club will refuse a decent offer for Jose even if its on deadline day and we have not signed a LB, they will not risk getting no money for him come next season.

There is NO way this club will refuse a decent offer for Jose even if its on deadline day and we have not signed a LB, they will not risk getting no money for him come next season.

Absolutely.

Guest BooBoo

Of course. You can also apply that to anyone in the squad. We'll sell the player and limp on to January. I hate to be a pessimist but if he starts the season well, I fully expect some late August interest in Tiote by the likes of Spurs and Villa and we'll cash in, in a heartbeat.

With Liverpool possibly signing Cissoko and now Arsene saying that Gibbs will be his first choice left back.........

Things are suddenly looking up regarding Jose being a NUFC player for the foreseeable future.

(Won't be holding my breath though tbh)

But he's not going to sign a new contract with us... Would rather us sell him this summer and replace him with someone that wants to be here long-term.