José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Annoyed, we´ve known all summer that he'll leave and when we finally sell him it´s 2 days before our first match with no replacement in sight and Ferguson injured. If we held out for that long we should have at least got a better deal for him. But then again, Clichy was in the same situation and he only left for 7m so maybe 6m is fair.

Fee agreed. Travelling for medial. SSN.

Not sure how this is quite breaking news though.. but it is. So there.

he's quite a major signing, always big news when a fee is agreed

Aye, but not breaking in the sense that this is the first we've heard of it. I just felt like a dick typing something that we all already knew so started babbling.

Your logic makes me feel like a dick.

What a fucking shit time to sell, they either know more than we're letting on re Pieters or they're fucking mentally ill

Maybe they will use the money to try and buy Pieters rather than let Jose leave for nothing in 12 months and have no money to buy a replacement next season.

What a f***ing s*** time to sell, they either know more than we're letting on re Pieters or they're f***ing mentally ill

Maybe they will use the money to try and buy Pieters rather than let Jose leave for nothing in 12 months and have no money to buy a replacement next season.

They can use the money once the fee's agreed without having to wait till we see Jose being paraded about in red though. At the same time as Jose is in Liverpool we could have Erik on Tyyneside

At least we're back in profit now that we've trimmed the wage bill. Can't wait to see how much they add to Pardew's immense transfer war chest.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/06/01/business/02money.1.L.jpg

robbieelliott3 robbie elliott

Looks like another great bit of business by the toon!! Wouldn't be surprised if we sell a few more during the warm up on sat!!!!!!

:facepalm:

Wish these idiots would just keep out of it.

I wish people would shut the fuck up about us selling all of our players, because it clearly isn't happening. There isn't anything that could've been done to keep Enrique IMO. It's like people need something to panic about.,

What a fucking shit time to sell, they either know more than we're letting on re Pieters or they're fucking mentally ill

Pretty sure the £30-40m we've made the past 6 months would be enough to buy us a left back mind.

Looks like another great bit of business by the toon!! Wouldn't be surprised if we sell a few more during the warm up on sat!!!!!!

Yeah, try fining Robbie Elliott. Burnt, Ashely. Burnt.

What a f***ing s*** time to sell, they either know more than we're letting on re Pieters or they're f***ing mentally ill

They can use the money once the fee's agreed without having to wait till we see Jose being paraded about in red though. At the same time as Jose is in Liverpool we could have Erik on Tyyneside

If we could cut out all negotiations with his club and just bring Pieters over without their permission then yes we could do that.

I wish people would shut the fuck up about us selling all of our players, because it clearly isn't happening. There isn't anything that could've been done to keep Enrique IMO. It's like people need something to panic about.,

We could have turned down the £6m offer and told him he's seeing out his contract like.

I wish people would shut the f*** up about us selling all of our players, because it clearly isn't happening. There isn't anything that could've been done to keep Enrique IMO. It's like people need something to panic about.,

We could have turned down the £6m offer and told him he's seeing out his contract like.

I wouldn't have done that personally, so i have no problem.

If we could cut out all negotiations with his club and just bring Pieters over without their permission then yes we could do that.

You know what I mean. Liverpool have wanted him for fucking ages. There is no justification for doing this deal without running the Pieters on parallel

Because forcing players to stay when they're unhappy would work so well.

There's a reason Arsenal are selling Fabregas.

I wish people would shut the f*** up about us selling all of our players, because it clearly isn't happening. There isn't anything that could've been done to keep Enrique IMO. It's like people need something to panic about.,

And got no money next season for one of our best assets?

Nah, nowt we could do really.

Pretty sure the £30-40m we've made the past 6 months would be enough to buy us a left back mind.

I'm sure I said it earlier in this thread that we were never going to sign a left back until Enrique was gone for obvious reasons.

You know what I mean. Liverpool have wanted him for fucking ages. There is no justification for doing this deal without running the Pieters on parallel

How do you know that's not happening? Do both deals have to be synchronised by stopwatch?

Guest Roger Kint

Was never going to happen(not that i think it should either)

Guest BooBoo

I can't help but feel Jose has messed us about. First it was "I'll wait until we're safe" then it was "I'll wait to see who we bring in." Quite frankly I couldn't give the slightest shit about Jose Enrique, only theclub really matters and we're in danger if being left in the lurch. Yes the management system is a mess but for Jose, this was more about moving to a bigger club for a hefty pay hike. His excuses for not signing were just a smoke screen.

I'll certainly not be one of the sycophants clapping him when he trots out at SJP in a red shirt. I will say though that neither will I jeer him.

Because forcing players to stay when they're unhappy would work so well.

There's a reason Arsenal are selling Fabregas.

After forcing him to stay for the past 2-3 seasons?

I'm pretty sure Jose would have gotten on with the job at hand and not been in a perma-sulk for 12 month, we would only be making him play at our club, not keeping him shackles and keeping him on bread and rice.