José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I hold no ill feeling towards Jose. He was a fantastic player for us and he's shown his class over the past few years. He needs to play for a club that can match his ambition and unfortunately with Ashley in charge we were never going to be that team. Good luck to him.

I hold some ill feeling towards him. He was paid handsomely throughout his time here, had one good season in the Championship, then 6 very good months in the Premiership before his head was turned and he started acting like a prat. The way he practically cut communications with the fans (went from weekly in-depth interviews about the club/players/fans/area/etc to saying f*** all) reaked of agent instructions to maintain radio silence whilst his services were whored out to someone willing to pay him significantly more money. The twitter rant was also pathetic, we let fatty Nolan go and bring in a decent number of players with over half the window remaining and he throws his toys out of the pram.

He's a c***, no different to Owen, or Beye, or any other footballer who sold the fans his twaddle then ran as soon as the opportunity arose. I've been calling him a prick/c*** all summer because he turned cold towards the fans as soon as his head was turned, and I'll certainly continue calling him a c*** for as long as he's wearing a Liverpool shirt.

I think you need to grow up and come to terms with the fact that footballers leave clubs from time to time.

He could've came out and been honest still, instead of lying and saying he was waiting until we were safe.

Everyone on here seems to slate Bassong but at least he had the balls to say he wanted out, rather than the likes of Duff and Beye who pledged their loyalty but the weaseled out when the chance arrived.

Small point, but he never said that. Just like he never said he wanted to sign for a Champions League club.

Said something similar didn't he?  Or at least his agent did?

Nope, it all came from Alan 'Andy Carroll is definitely not for sale at any price' Pardew, on behalf of his invisible Managing Director if we're to believe Pardew has f*** all say in contract negotiation (as I've also seen people claim on here).

I think the two claims are different tbh.  Re: Carroll, Pardew either lied to us or was lied to.

Re: Jose, Pardew either lied to us or was lied to.  Why wouldn't Jose set the record straight?

It is absolutely absurd to believe that Jose didn't say himself or intimated through his agent that he would wait until the summer etc. How does Pardew gain anything to say that he did without there being any basis to it? We look like idiots for hanging on for him to come back to the table.

I don't have any problems with Jose turning down the contract if he didn't feel it was good enough, not at all, but it does smack of him keeping us dangling hopefully in the background while he's out testing the water for bigger fish.

Could fail his medical yet.. anyone hear that loud "twang" coming from the Liverpool direction.

You are clutching at fkn straws

Club might resign him that way ... contract rebel with only a year left, dodgy knees ... sounds like a perfect fit.

If he wanted to leave then he wouldn't be happy to stay. :lol:

Thats it.. its all the bullshit from him thats fkd me off, I really think he was tapped up by the bin dippers when they signed Carroll.

But he kept saying he would sign his new deal, dragged it out "when we are safe".. "in the summer"... "if we sign players"... I bet even if we'd signed fkn Messi, Modric & Samba he would have still wanted away.

Money man its about the money.. we offered him £80k a week think he would have stayed? yup no matter who we signed.

The lesson to learn is not to et any players contract get less than 2 years without them re-signing or being sold. Maybe this is why the 5 yr deals are being handed out.

It's NUFC's own fault he's moving for about 50% of his real value. Lucky for the dago cunt he'll just see another £30k pw on his pay cheque.

The lesson to learn is not to et any players contract get less than 2 years without them re-signing or being sold. Maybe this is why the 5 yr deals are being handed out.

It's NUFC's own fault he's moving for about 50% of his real value. Lucky for the dago c*** he'll just see another £30k pw on his pay cheque.

:harry:

If it's been so, so obvious all along that Enrique would leave (and at a reduced price anyway due to his contract expiring) then it's even more unacceptable that we're two days before the new season without a left back even on the books, let alone settled in after a pre-season getting to know new team-mates.

As I said before, there's no consideration towards the needs of the team whatsoever, it's just about how much money we can get. f***ing c***s.

This. If he wants to go, fair enough and thank you for being an amazing player for us.

To go into the first game of the PL season without a left back is disgusting, however.

It's made a little bit bearable when it's Kirsty Gallacher telling us the news. :fwap:

I'm not too keen on her, don't get me wrong, I'd smash it, but there's quite a few on there who are better than her. Oh, and her sneck massively puts me off.

:thup: Nowt special compared to others on there. But she's looking right MILFish today.

Thats it.. its all the bullshit from him thats fkd me off, I really think he was tapped up by the bin dippers when they signed Carroll.

But he kept saying he would sign his new deal, dragged it out "when we are safe".. "in the summer"... "if we sign players"... I bet even if we'd signed fkn Messi,

Skirge, you're a legend, but going to have to disagree.

He is a top-four quality left back, if he wasn't offered a deal commensurate to his talent and the club made no real strides forward to make sure the team around him was on a par with him - why would he stay, man? If a Premiership club came knocking for you while you were in your local Sunday league team who you loved all your life, you'd be gone! (And Enrique didn't even love us, his whole life).

Waiting to see if the Carroll money was reinvested is entirely plausible and reasonable. Making definitive statements that he was stringing us on with no intention to see what the club did this summer (assuming he even said as much!) is speculative and has no foundation based on evidence, only conjecture, and is probably more reflective of individual fans' personalities, faith in humanity, levels of cynicism and methods of coping with loss!

Easier to be angry at someone, and all that...

It's NUFC's own fault he's moving for about 50% of his real value. Lucky for the dago cunt he'll just see another £30k pw on his pay cheque.

Thing is, nobody wanted him 2 years ago so we wouldn't have really felt the need to protect an asset.

Guest icemanblue

Wow.

Nice little racist touch too, for extra shock value.

If it's been so, so obvious all along that Enrique would leave (and at a reduced price anyway due to his contract expiring) then it's even more unacceptable that we're two days before the new season without a left back even on the books, let alone settled in after a pre-season getting to know new team-mates.

As I said before, there's no consideration towards the needs of the team whatsoever, it's just about how much money we can get. Fucking cunts.

Spot on.

Contingency plans should have been in place long before now. This chase for Pieters seems to confirm the fact that this club is run on a day to day basis. We were clearly not looking at him seriously until it was clear Jose was off and, surprise, surprise, the guy conveniently has a release clause in his contract.

But he kept saying he would sign his new deal, dragged it out "when we are safe".. "in the summer"... "if we sign players"... I bet even if we'd signed fkn Messi,

He is a top-four quality left back, if he wasn't offered a deal commensurate to his talent and the club made no real strides forward to make sure the team around him was on a par with him - why would he stay, man? If a Premiership club came knocking for you while you were in your local Sunday league team who you loved all your life, you'd be gone! (And Enrique didn't even love us, his whole life).

Waiting to see if the Carroll money was reinvested is entirely plausible and reasonable. Making definitive statements that he was stringing us on with no intention to see what the club did this summer (assuming he even said as much!) is speculative and has no foundation based on evidence, only conjecture, and is probably more reflective of individual fans' personalities, faith in humanity, levels of cynicism and methods of coping with loss!

So do you think he would join Liverpool on the same contract we offered him ?

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Told last night that #NUFC were waiting for Pieters go-ahead before sanctioning Enrique to #LFC. Should find out more from Pardew in a bit.

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Guest jonno41

How many years does Jose have left on his contract? If its more than one then 6 mil is a joke given the sums of money Liverpool have forked out for Carroll, Henderson and Downing. He's in the top 3 left backs in the league IMO and given that we paid 6 mil for him in the first place you'd think Ashley would push for a hell of a lot more for him.

Told last night that #NUFC were waiting for Pieters go-ahead before sanctioning Enrique to #LFC. Should find out more from Pardew in a bit.

Better not be telling porkies.

So do you think he would join Liverpool on the same contract we offered him ?

Yes. The owners aren't arseholes, he'll never have to whip in a wonderful cross only to have it wasted by Lovenkrands, he'll play in Europe, his chances of representing his country will improve.

How many years does Jose have left on his contract? If its more than one then 6 mil is a joke given the sums of money Liverpool have forked out for Carroll, Henderson and Downing. He's in the top 3 left backs in the league IMO and given that we paid 6 mil for him in the first place you'd think Ashley would push for a hell of a lot more for him.

No just one year.. I have issue with the fee

Hope so!