Racism in football

DJ_NUFC

The BBC legal the hell out of everything court-related before publishing or broadcasting it. They do it with the most mundane of local news stories, so there is no chance such a high profile article has not been cleared by one or more legal experts before going on the site.

I think it could because if they choose not to bring up bad character in the case and the jury read the article anyway it could imo considered to bias them. Very minor yeah very likely to create serious prejudice yeah but think it's a bit dodgy. I know how contempt works btw.

I thought that Ferdinand didn't actually hear what was said, so what has his character got to do with anything? Terry must be pretty desperate if the best his team can come up with is the legal equivalent of the playground classic "I know you are, you said you are, so what am I!?!"

Guest BooBoo

I think it could because if they choose not to bring up bad character in the case and the jury read the article anyway it could imo considered to bias them. Very minor yeah very likely to create serious prejudice yeah but think it's a bit dodgy. I know how contempt works btw.

It's a case at the Magistrates' Court so:

a) There won't be a jury.

b) Any bad character applications will be heard by a separate bench, as to not risk prejudice of the trial bench.

If it's summary fair dos, it's not about character applications being heard by jury at all it's about jury reading on the bbc there that they may apply for bad character application and making assumption then he's bad character.

Still doubt it, just don't think you're supposed to mention in articles if pros are considering bad character applications.

Guest BooBoo

If it's summary fair dos, it's not about character applications being heard by jury at all it's about jury reading on the bbc there that they may apply for bad character application and making assumption then he's bad character.

Still doubt it, just don't think you're supposed to mention in articles if pros are considering bad character applications.

There is no jury ffs. Any applications will be heard pre trial before a separate bench.

It's not about applications appearing before jury it's about the media printing that they might be applying for it and any jury for the trial reading that much later...There may not be a jury for trial but it's an either way offence isn't it could well go before a jury at some point. Anyway doesn't won't matter anyway.

Guest BooBoo

It's not about applications appearing before jury it's about the media printing that they might be applying for it and any jury for the trial reading that much later...There may not be a jury for trial but it's an either way offence isn't it could well go before a jury at some point. Anyway doesn't won't matter anyway.

Mode of trial (ie Crown or Magistrates) has already been heard and deemed suitable for summary jurisdiction. After all it's only a single racial insult. The lower courts powers are clearly sufficient to deal with such a case.

This case will not be going before a jury.

Guest BooBoo

But what about soliciting young girls in a Bentley? Is that lower court? I think not my friend.

What on earth are you talking about?

But what about soliciting young girls in a Bentley? Is that lower court? I think not my friend.

What on earth are you talking about?

John Terry La Pen.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01290/john-terry-transex_1290324c.jpg

:whistle:

Mode of trial (ie Crown or Magistrates) has already been heard and deemed suitable for summary jurisdiction. After all it's only a single racial insult. The lower courts powers are clearly sufficient to deal with such a case.

This case will not be going before a jury.

Well fair does as I said if it wasn't going before jury didn't realise already decided summary offence, think we were talking cross purposes

There is no history of institutionalised repression against fat or ginger people, they have never been refused access to education, amenities or services because of their characteristics, or murdered or beaten or marginalised.

If what you say has any credibility would Ferdinand have called Terry white as it his characteristic? 

Using racist language is totally different to calling someone fat or Ginger in my opinion, a whole different league in fact.

http://static.themetapicture.com/media/funny-ginger-kid-meme.jpg

There is no history of institutionalised repression against fat or ginger people, they have never been refused access to education, amenities or services because of their characteristics, or murdered or beaten or marginalised.

If what you say has any credibility would Ferdinand have called Terry white as it his characteristic? 

Using racist language is totally different to calling someone fat or Ginger in my opinion, a whole different league in fact.

http://static.themetapicture.com/media/funny-ginger-kid-meme.jpg

]

time vote a vote

terry for me like

• 2 weeks later...