Racism in football

DJ_NUFC

It wasn't the first time, nor the second, nor the third. Racism is normal in La Liga. The competition thinks it's normal, the Federation does too and the opponents encourage it. I'm so sorry. The championship that once belonged to Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Cristiano and Messi today belongs to racists. A beautiful nation, which welcomed me and which I love, but which agreed to export the image of a racist country to the world. I'm sorry for the Spaniards who don't agree, but today, in Brazil, Spain is known as a country of racists. And unfortunately, for everything that happens each week, I have no defense. I agree. But I am strong and I will go to the end against racists. Even if far from here.

How long are we going to experience, in the middle of the 21st century, episodes like the one we just witnessed, once again, in La Liga?

How long will humanity remain just a spectator and an accomplice in cruel acts of racism?

How long will we need to remember that it's a crime? How long are we going to have to fight for

concrete and effective attitudes on and off

the fields?

There is no joy where there is racism.

You have all our affection and that of all Brazilians, @vinijr.

Not only you, but everyone who has suffered and is suffering from this worldwide disease, which is racism.

Skin color can no longer bother.

Ednaldo Rodrigues - President of the Brazilian Football Confederation (CRF).

7 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

BBC article on the game and they failed to mention the head lock.  Lazy lazy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65666613

But they did quote Ancelotti with some real disturbing shit:

"It's the entire stadium that is insulting a player with racist chants and the match has to stop. I would say the same if we were winning 3-0, there is no other way."

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

But they did quote Ancelotti with some real disturbing shit:

"It's the entire stadium that is insulting a player with racist chants and the match has to stop. I would say the same if we were winning 3-0, there is no other way."

I just wish he said fuck it and took his team off. They're already third and can't be caught by 4th, though knowing La Liga they'd deduct them a load of points. 

The players shouldn’t be the ones having to walk.  The officials should pick up the match ball and automatically award a 3-0 victory to the other side.  The lad receiving the abuse shouldn’t be the one having to make the gesture. 

The EU prides itself on being multicultural but there is a serious problem with racism and xenophobia in Europe. 'Casual' racist remarks are rife in UK and Irish society and a lot of the time it doesn't get called out, and there are plenty of worrying signs of widespread racism in other countries, some prominent in the EU such as Italy, Spain and some eastern European countries. This is just racism and xenophobia, add homophobia whatever else you want to the mix too. The common link between them all is the same shite as always, nationalism and religion. Us Europeans take the piss out of the Americans all the time, but we've nothing to be proud of. 

Edited by Decky

It's cause Vini is right, Spain has severe racism problem evidence in institutional resistance to such criticism. I would say tell him to come to Newcastle where he'll be loved but Sterling etc do have to put up with a hell of a lot of shit too so glass houses and all (to clarify i mean nationwide, not singling us out lol)

Edited by Tiresias

29 minutes ago, huss9 said:

president of la liga coming out overnight asking Vini to "inform himself" after the statement he had put out about raciscm and LA LIGA.

Fucking hell!!!

The football administrators in England are incompetent buffoons and possibly biased as hell

But they're angels compared to nasty fuckers like this. Defending the indefensible.