Racism in football

DJ_NUFC

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

It’s a 100% a society problem, with footballers being high profile targets usually by kids/teens who are trolling without any fear of consequences. There’s a lot of it atm probably because they are bored. Until your identity is recorded by SM platforms then it will continue, it’s up to the platforms to make them less anon and account more accountable for their posts.

Even education isn’t going to resolve it unless this is done. The kids doing it IRL wouldn’t be like this, wouldn’t hold these views but turn in to something else when they can say something without any implications coming their way. Take that mask of secrecy from them and the government imposing greater consequences for racial abuse in the online world and then it drops and where an education drive might be successful. Guess I’m saying you need both for this to work.

I can't believe kids under 16 are allowed SM profiles. 

7 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I’d be happy with that.

It’s always a knobhead shouting freedom of speech like it gives them the right to be a cunt for the sake of it.

It would however mean that people as likeable as Tom Werner and Joel Glazer have complete control over what can and can’t be said. 

29 minutes ago, Dokko said:

How? 

It’s very difficult to be a dissenting voice on social media as it is. You don’t have to breach the terms of service to receive a ban. However, as long as one stays on the right side of the law, then there’s usually no threat of further punishment. You signed up, got banned and slipped away all anonymously.

With the option of anonymity removed, everybody would be held “publicly accountable” for what they say. And when I say publicly accountable, I mean that they would be subject to artificially designed public pressure. Public outrage is controlled and manipulated to serve power. Always. 

Social movements can be broken down into three types: 

1. Genuine grassroots movements which are then co-opted by the system for their own ends.

2. Genuine grassroots movements which the system works tirelessly to suppress.

3. Astroturfed movements, set up by the system to look like grassroots movements. 

In other words, there is no room for dissent on social media or media in general. Any social movement which has media momentum was either set up by the system to serve the system or has been co-opted by it. 

ID registration just makes everything easier to manage.

Edited by Candi_Hills

Football is going to boycott it's biggest marketing tool. For a weekend. Good for them.

I love the fact MOTD announced it just before our game, with Lineker adding "and other people involved in the game"

Edited by Happinesstan

1 hour ago, Candi_Hills said:

It’s very difficult to be a dissenting voice on social media as it is. You don’t have to breach the terms of service to receive a ban. However, as long as one stays on the right side of the law, then there’s usually no threat of further punishment. You signed up, got banned and slipped away all anonymously.

With the option of anonymity removed, everybody would be held “publicly accountable” for what they say. And when I say publicly accountable, I mean that they would be subject to artificially designed public pressure. Public outrage is controlled and manipulated to serve power. Always. 

Social movements can be broken down into three types: 

1. Genuine grassroots movements which are then co-opted by the system for their own ends.

2. Genuine grassroots movements which the system works tirelessly to suppress.

3. Astroturfed movements, set up by the system to look like grassroots movements. 

In other words, there is no room for dissent on social media or media in general. Any social movement which has media momentum was either set up by the system to serve the system or has been co-opted by it. 

ID registration just makes everything easier to manage.

ID registration doesn’t stop social movement, in fact it could help as you don’t get the bots signed up to try and steer public opinion. That has more sway than any genuine movement which if worthy will pick up traction and spread anyway. You’d not have brexit for example, trump probably wouldn’t have won the presidency. World events which changed the current landscape for generations. 

It’s time for the world to stop hiding behind their digital mask and show themselves. We’ve abused the privilege for far too long. Let’s see who they  are and see if their rabid opinions and bullshit still flies. My guess is not.

57 minutes ago, Dokko said:

ID registration doesn’t stop social movement, in fact it could help as you don’t get the bots signed up to try and steer public opinion. That has more sway than any genuine movement which if worthy will pick up traction and spread anyway. You’d not have brexit for example, trump probably wouldn’t have won the presidency. World events which changed the current landscape for generations. 

It’s time for the world to stop hiding behind their digital mask and show themselves. We’ve abused the privilege for far too long. Let’s see who they  are and see if their rabid opinions and bullshit still flies. My guess is not.

Genuine movements which pose a threat to power are either co-opted or squashed. Twitter and the media is the system. The billionaires who own these platforms are not going to let any prole resistance take off.

35 minutes ago, Disco said:

Jens Lehmann has self cancelled himself.

"The 51-year-old sent a WhatsApp message to Aogo, asking: “Is Dennis actually your Quotenschwarzer (token black guy)?”

The Germans have a word for everything.

I'm probably way off the mark, but just going back to that Jim Beglin quote, does this mean things like, "Gaelic flair" when it comes to describing an exciting French footballer, "typical German efficiency" when it comes to describing a well drilled Germany performance, etc are also now frowned upon?

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Latino temperament man is not fucking racist, world of soft cunts...

It's extremely offending and I think Disco should be permanently banned from this forum.

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, Flip said:

It's extremely offending and I think Disco should be permanently banned from this forum.

But it’s that brilliant Latino temperament that brought us Brazil 1-7 Germany, or was it the German efficiency/Nazi killer instinct!

38 minutes ago, huss9 said:

thats not real?!!! surely!

It's the verified account of KFC Spain. Although apparently that stereotype isn't really a thing there? Although I struggle to believe any Internet savvy social media manager hasn't encountered it. 

• 3 weeks later...