Steve McClaren

Dave

The majority of fans will lap it up and pay for their ST's as 'we have to give him a chance' 'judge him at the end of the season' etc :rolleyes:

Some people will have bought them anyways, thinking that Ashley is a changed man after that one interview. Expecting a transfer war chest of 50M net, and genuine challenges in all competitions.

If Charver really does keep his post as a coach, then this really isn't the seismic shift we thought it might have been in club policy.

A hand full of cheap buys in the summer & its same old same old.

it seems we have an inexperienced, unqualified yes man making the calls these days, so what more can you really expect?

Charnley / Carver / Carr & now McLaren.

& Ashley reckons we`ll win something with this lot FFS!!!

Only positive is having Carr and Manager working together could be beneficial  and we won't have players sitting around that should be playing.

That's the only thing I can think of.

Guest Roger Kint

The majority of fans will lap it up and pay for their ST's as 'we have to give him a chance' 'judge him at the end of the season' etc :rolleyes:

Some people will have bought them anyways, thinking that Ashley is a changed man after that one interview. Expecting a transfer war chest of 50M net, and genuine challenges in all competitions.

This is true.

Only positive is having Carr and Manager working together could be beneficial  and we won't have players sitting around that should be playing.

That's the only thing I can think of.

That's the slight glimmer of hope I'm clinging on to. Surely the fact they're mates will stand us in good stead in the transfer market at least.

Obviously we should be more ambitious with our appointments, but at least we might see the development of some of the players Carr brings in?

That's about the only positive I can muster plus at least at various clubs he has used players such as Ruiz, Stoch, Tadić, W.Hughes, Juninho, Zenden so he is not averse to using some craft>graft players.

It's such an easy and low-risk 5/10 appointment though.

I do think he deserves a chance, tbh.

Everyone deserves a chance, even when Pardew was installed I was prepared to wait and see, but I knew from day one that he was the wrong man. McClaren is light years better from a football point of view, but he'll be happy to win fuck all and finish 10th. In any case, doesn't matter who the manager is, until we shell out serious money and buy genuine quality players we'll do nothing. 

Meh.

This. Feeling vindicated for not renewing my season ticket though. If they sign some decent players and are doing ok I'll go and watch them and if nothing changes, as I suspect it won't, then I'll not bother.

I do think he deserves a chance, tbh.

Everyone deserves a chance, even when Pardew was installed I was prepared to wait and see, but I knew from day one that he was the wrong man. McClaren is light years better from a football point of view, but he'll be happy to win fuck all and finish 10th. In any case, doesn't matter who the manager is, until we shell out serious money and buy genuine quality players we'll do nothing. 

You're more charitable than me. That appointment was all about control over transfers. Not that this one isn't, but you can at least make a case for McClaren being a reasonable premier league manager who will coach the team and improve the players we bring in, there was no such case to be made for Pardew.

Incidentally, cannot wait to hear his fucking borrrrrring tone when describing another 1-2 defeat in the middle of a dreary winter relegation battle.

For any normal club this would be a massive missed opportunity. For us, it's business as usual.

Taking on a bloke who was sacked by Derby County and who has spurned our advances twice in sixth months. 3rd time lucky, eh?