Steve McClaren

Dave

Guest reefatoon

I'd be really impressed with McClaren if he shifted Mbemba out to RB and deployed a more physical CB partnership the next time we played Swansea.

Reckon Mbemba Taylor Williamson Dummett would do a better job at keeping Swansea at bay.

http://i.cubeupload.com/4Pqowp.gif

I'm just so exhausted from hating, I simply have to give him time. He might do a s*** job - well aware of that possibility, but at a glance he appears to have more of a game plan than Pardew.

Really?

I thought his game plan on Saturday just seemed to be to keep the score down.

Yet he managed it, Pardew team would have conceded 4 more :D

I won't be impressed if he picks Willo, Taylor and Dummett, because we will get bummed into next week.

Man U won't provide the aerial threat that we faced against Swansea or Southampton. It would be a bit daft to close the stable door once the horse has bolted.

I think the plan with McClaren is to ultimately go with the following formation:

Krul

Janmat    Memba    Colo  Haidara

Sissoko  Colback  Winjeldum

Thauvin                                Aarons

Mitrovich

Thauvin and aarons provide the width and supply to Mitrovich. Sissoko box to box, winjeldum playmaker and Colback deepest.

Week links are CB, LB and probably the defensive CM.

Guest reefatoon

Why isn't he going with that then? Why send out a team he doesn't really want to play in the first two fixtures (the best chance of getting points too out the first 4 games) and risk dropping points.  Makes absolutely no sense. If he ultimately wanted to play that, then he would have been picking it in preseason and so far in the competitive games.

Why isn't he going with that then? Why send out a team he doesn't really want to play in the first two fixtures (the best chance of getting points too out the first 4 games) and risk dropping points.  Makes absolutely no sense. If he ultimately wanted to play that, then he would have been picking it in preseason and so far in the competitive games.

:lol: :thup:

I see his point on Mbemba at right back for that game actually because Janmaat didn't seem quick enough to deal with their right wingers pace, Mbemba performed better against him.  But Williamson in the center to provide a big physical presence is the mental bit.  Couldn't find a less physical presence than Williamson.

I see his point on Mbemba at right back for that game actually because Janmaat didn't seem quick enough to deal with their right wingers pace, Mbemba performed better against him.  But Williamson in the center to provide a big physical presence is the mental bit.  Couldn't find a less physical presence than Williamson.

In that scenario I'd have Janmaat at CB ahead of Williamson every time.

I think the plan with McClaren is to ultimately go with the following formation:

Krul

Janmat    Memba    Colo  Haidara

Sissoko  Colback  Winjeldum

Thauvin                                Aarons

Mitrovich

Thauvin and aarons provide the width and supply to Mitrovich. Sissoko box to box, winjeldum playmaker and Colback deepest.

Week links are CB, LB and probably the defensive CM.

LOL. He's not even used that shape. He may end up at this point but it's not by design at the mo.

The teenager comes across as a player who already has his feet firmly on the ground and after playing 60 games for Northampton, scoring 13 times, he already has a taste for first-team action.

That is reflected when the striker is asked if seeing Steve McClaren in the stands at the reserve game was a good sign.

He added: “That is going to boost anybody to see him in the stands.

“Even if the manager is there or not you have to play your best.

“It will always get back to him if you play well, as it will if you play badly!

“So it can be neither here nor there if he is in the stands you just have to keep playing.”

Toney’s task will now be to give McClaren another headache when it comes to his selection plans.

However, he is yet to hold serious talks with the head coach and said his journey is only just beginning.

He said: “The Football League is different to Premier League.

“It is a fantastic standard here.

“People love getting on the ball, it is one or two touches and it is fast moving and high-tempo.

“I am looking forward to pushing on to the first team and hopefully I can squeeze my way in there.

“I have mostly spoken with Peter Beardsley at the minute because I am with the under-21s.

“I am sure the gaffer will speak to me soon and let me know what is going on.

“You just have to keep playing football and keep myself happy.”

McClaren at the games already. Good.

Also seems the style of play under Beardsley is decent. Good.

Now that the fat man has actually decided to spend some serious money, McClaren will be under a huge amount of pressure if we are stuck down at the bottom 10-20 games in. The fact that either McClaren instigated or accepted Colo getting a new contract, hasn't signed or attempted to sign a LB as far as we know and thinks that the two slow physically challenged dwarves in central midfield are adequate will mean he has absolutely no excuses at all.

I can see this going tits up extremely rapidly.