Steve McClaren

Dave

People clueless about the football business running a football club. :lol:

That's just it though. It's not a football club, it's an advertising arm of his business.

....the sad thing is that it isn't rocket science to put a structure in place that gives continuity and diligence in decision making. If Ashely as he pretends doesn't want to do the day to day then a 5 man board with good football and business backgrounds would be the bare essentials to deliver a strategy. What we have is a jumped up scout and an ex-admin bloke making complex decisions they probably have little clue about. :lol:

The express reckon there will be a final board meeting tomorrow to decide, as Ashley and Charnley are still reluctant to sack him.

Is there any reason we're suddenly giving The Express any relevance in their ability to be ITK? I didn't realise they had a good record.

If he's still here and loses the derby it's gonna get really ugly

Heard this so so many times, noubt changes.

And I've heard stuff like this too many times in recent days, too.

We're 19th, a mile off 16th and playing progressively worse. We've never been in a situation as bad as this with 10 games left.

Can anyone actually remember the last time we made an appointment they were particularly happy with? Or appointed a manager who wasn't on the way down in terms of their career rather than up before joining us?

....the sad thing is that it isn't rocket science to put a structure in place that gives continuity and diligence in decision making. If Ashely as he pretends doesn't want to do the day to day then a 5 man board with good football and business backgrounds would be the bare essentials to deliver a strategy. What we have is a jumped up scout and an ex-admin bloke making complex decisions they probably have little clue about. :lol:

I know, it doesn't make any sense. He could deliver that and still make money out of the club at the same time and also it would keep the fans happy. It's so obvious that I'm convinced he purposefully doesn't do it because he enjoys making us suffer.

This is exactly it. People always say there is no way back for Ashley  and whilst he continues on the route he keeps going down there isnt but there is a way back if he changes and this is it, especially now the club has excess cash they can spend over the course of a season. This setup would work and at least allow a bit of common sense.

Can anyone actually remember the last time we made an appointment they were particularly happy with? Or appointed a manager who wasn't on the way down in terms of their career rather than up before joining us?

Keegan after fat Sam. Could not have been more delighted. I thought I had actually got Ashley all wrong.

Keegan after fat Sam. Could not have been more delighted. I thought I had actually got Ashley all wrong.

Yep, Keegan.

And I'd have him back again in a heartbeat.

I have a lot of time for the likes of Howe and Monk mind, it's the old guard that need to be forced out.

Dyche at Burnley as well, has them 1st again in the Championship. Didn't have enough about them to stick in the PL last season, but they also didn't fold over and take it up the bum.

The express reckon there will be a final board meeting tomorrow to decide, as Ashley and Charnley are still reluctant to sack him.

That doesn't even make sense. If they were both reluctant to sack him, why would they need a meeting about it? Stick to the broadsheets if you want an opinion which has at least some credibility.

We're 19th, a mile off 16th and playing progressively worse. We've never been in a situation as bad as this with 10 games left.

We were relegated and fans went down with a whimper. The whole nonsense last season was pretty damn close and people were still sticking up for Ashley saying how he's saved us from doing a Leeds and fans still didn't have any real go at them.

Many different groups banded together alongside the Ashley Out campaign and instead of all fans standing united they were ridiculed, attacked and abused by many of our own fans who had seen this club for what it was. I blame many of those fans just as much.

One of the reasons I'm thinking they are waiting until we've got a confirmed replacement before binning McClaren. To avoid a situation like we had with Redknapp who used us to drum up interest in his services elsewhere.

FFS  :lol:

No wounder we are ran like a piece of shit retail store.

Yup. Those boards are packed with successful men with a history of running/or key members of world class organizations.

I'm usually a glass half full kinda guy, but the longer this is dragging out the more I can see just plain silence from the club and before we know it, it's Monday and he's back in the dugout at Filbert Street.

We were relegated and fans went down with a whimper. The whole nonsense last season was pretty damn close and people were still sticking up for Ashley saying how he's saved us from doing a Leeds and fans still didn't have any real go at them.

Many different groups banded together alongside the Ashley Out campaign and instead of all fans standing united they were ridiculed, attacked and abused by many of our own fans who had seen this club for what it was. I blame many of those fans just as much.

All well and good but people are now unanimously against McClaren. If he's still here against Sunlun (which I doubt) and we go 2 goals down (again) all hell will break loose.