Steve McClaren

Dave

Why would they wait all this time and then sack him before Rafa's signed? It's stupid, but it's not unexpected or any reason to panic.

They're just trying to avoid leaving themselves exposed. Rafa has more leverage if we have no manager, he has loads as it is right now.

What is the point of keeping McClaren hanging around? How is he or the players supposed to be motivated after this? "Allright lads, I know some of you got exicted by the Benitez-talk but guess what - I'm still here! We continue with the same setup as the B'mouth game. Come on now!"

I'd not be surprised if they sack him from coaching, but keep him on the board so they don't hurt his feelings to much.

He would never accept that, surely. Would be unbearable.

....him just standing near the water cooler with Rafa in his seat :lol:

What is the point of keeping McClaren hanging around? How is he or the players supposed to be motivated after this? "Allright lads, I know some of you got exicted by the Benitez-talk but guess what - I'm still here! We continue with the same setup as the B'mouth game. Come on now!"

Nee training tomorrow innit?

They just realised the Steve McClaren on the board is not a different Steve McClaren to the one coaching us and have to work out two compensation packages.

It is probably not particularly straight forward. Maybe they want him to stay as part of the set up still.

Cue Rafa fucking Charnley and us off within the next 24 hours.

They'll sack him. To be fair to the total wankers, they got loads of grief for not having something in place when Pardew went, so they'll want to ensure everything is sorted with the replacement before doing anything.

They just realised the Steve McClaren on the board is not a different Steve McClaren to the one coaching us and have to work out two compensation packages.

It is probably not particularly straight forward. Maybe they want him to stay as part of the set up still.

Cue Rafa f***ing Charnley and us off within the next 24 hours.

If that wasn't one of the stupidest f***ing ideas of all time, I don't know what would qualify.

Wait, so Sunday was just light training (if at all) as it's the day after a game, Monday was off and now Friday is off as well? Nee fucking wonder we're 19th :lol:

Wait, so Sunday was just light training (if at all) as it's the day after a game, Monday was off and now Friday is off as well? Nee f***ing wonder we're 19th :lol:

So was Saturday.

Wait, so Sunday was just light training (if at all) as it's the day after a game, Monday was off and now Friday is off as well? Nee f***ing wonder we're 19th :lol:

So was Saturday.

Fair point :lol:

Trying to keep him hanging around till Rafa signs doesn't really make sense. Ginge's mind is clean blown by the last 24hrs anyway. I understand they are erring on the side of safety but it's a ridiculous scenario. Normal clubs get a new manager deal done on the QT and everything falls into place with the victim having little idea what is about to happen till he's called in to be brayed. This is the only reason I am a bit worried. The Rafa thing seems slapdash and poorly executed.

Been told that the hold up is the agreement for Benitez's back room staff (from a reliable source) and that McClaren has been told that he has to carry on until it is all sorted. No wonder he looks a bit peeved, he knows he's going but he has to get on with it for now. Training must be fun just now.

The way McClaren has been treated this week is shocking from the club. As much as I want him out I have no hate for him, I think a lot of our displays were improving and our all round game was looking more positive, but too many players don't have their hearts here and results just didn't come which ended up in the down and out mentality the club has now.

He does though have to take the blame for playing some of the shits players ahead of others and the inability to make a sub in time to change the game.

The way McClaren has been treated this week is shocking from the club. As much as I want him out I have no hate for him, I think a lot of our displays were improving and our all round game was looking more positive, but too many players don't have their hearts here and results just didn't come which ended in the down and out mentality the club has now.

eh?

The way McClaren has been treated this week is shocking from the club. As much as I want him out I have no hate for him, I think a lot of our displays were improving and our all round game was looking more positive, but too many players don't have their hearts here and results just didn't come which ended up in the down and out mentality the club has now.

He does though have to take the blame for playing some of the s***s players ahead of others and the inability to make a sub in time to change the game.

Bournemouth was absolutely outstanding like.

The way McClaren has been treated this week is shocking from the club. As much as I want him out I have no hate for him, I think a lot of our displays were improving and our all round game was looking more positive, but too many players don't have their hearts here and results just didn't come which ended in the down and out mentality the club has now.

eh?

Earlier in the season we played well in a lot of games and went for it more than we ever did under Pardew or Carver, we just couldn't finish a lot of games off. I'm not saying our perfronces were great, but they were a lot better than they were before he came in.