Steve McClaren

Dave

Deflated when we appointed him as there were many other good managers around but was reluctantly happy it was him rather than John Lip Licking Carver at that time. Willing to give him a chance and with the players we bought in and the 'mediocre' objectives the club gave him, thought he could get near it. It fell apart and he should have had the dignity to walk, if not after the Chelsea massacre, definitely should have at Saturday tea time.

He was the victim this week, treated appallingly and disgracefully, yet got paid for it so I think it ended fairly for us the fans ultimately. He got sacked, humilliated and paid. We got a team 2nd from bottom, hope and Rafa.

Good luck to the man and do wish him well. Above Pardew and Carver's class by a long way!

Decent Post!

Schteve would never have just walked away as it would mean he probably would not have got paid and how many managers now just 'resign' without another job to go to. I am sure that he will find himself another position but I think he would be better suited at a smaller championship club and then try to build from there and not a club that has had the previous manager do all the hard work (Derby).

In regards about his treatment this week, I kind of agree and disagree with whats being said. Yes, you could argue that his treatment has not been great, leaving it 6 days to get rid when it should have been done Sunday BUT I was kind of expecting to beat Bournemouth, certainly at SJP, so have a feeling that perhaps the club were simply not prepared for what ensued so had to take a few days to discuss what the POA would be as the last thing that was needed was for a caretaker-manager to be put in charge for the final 10 games, we have been there before and it  does not work. As a result there was total silence from the club, obviously while they tried resolving the situation, so in that sense did the club treat him badly??

At the end of the day, SmC was a welcome change from Pardew and Carver, I was hopeful that it would be a positive change but it has not turned out this way unfortunately. I wish him all the best though...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/rafael-benitez-appointed-newcastle-united-manager-i-know-it-s-a-risk-but-i-m-not-scared-a6928256.html

McClaren tried to pull things around but he was hamstrung by the recruitment policy and by a culture that saw him and his assistant, Paul Simpson, receive a fierce rebuke in November after Simpson gave an interview to local radio. While some said McClaren’s press conferences were scripted, they were in fact restricted.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/rafael-benitez-appointed-newcastle-united-manager-i-know-it-s-a-risk-but-i-m-not-scared-a6928256.html

McClaren tried to pull things around but he was hamstrung by the recruitment policy and by a culture that saw him and his assistant, Paul Simpson, receive a fierce rebuke in November after Simpson gave an interview to local radio. While some said McClaren’s press conferences were scripted, they were in fact restricted.

Aye, he tried to turn things around but the recruitment policy made him consistently pick Jack Colback and forced him to inexplicably drop Mitrovic for Riviere in a must win game.  Oh wait, did it fuck!

Proper cockends obviously if they were limiting what he could say and recruitment should have been better, but McClaren was ultimately.to blame for results.

1. Nice chap

2. Arsehole employers

3. Grossly incompetent nonetheless (and predictably so)

4. Move on.

He doesn't deserve blame for the rotting cancer the club has become - he's a symptom, not a cause - but within those constraints he was totally found out and showed up for what he is - yesterday's man, unable to inspire modern footballers and tactically limited.

No wonder they couldn't motivate anybody, they couldn't have been motivated themselves as I can't see anything wrong with the Simpson interview that could get him into trouble.

I didn't want him and didn't rate him but thought the treatment at the end was unprofessional from NUFC to say the least.

I've nowhere near the levels of hatred for him that I have for Pardew, Allardyce, Dagliesh, Carver etc.

Good luck to him in wherever he goes next.

I didn't want him and didn't rate him but thought the treatment at the end was unprofessional from NUFC to say the least.

I've nowhere near the levels of hatred for him that I have for Pardew, Allardyce, Dagliesh, Carver etc.

Good luck to him in wherever he goes next.

This. I actually thought he'd be decent for us, that didn't exactly work out but good luck to the fella.