Steve McClaren

Dave

he is just hanging about for his money ... does he really think he can set foot in the dugout next Saturday ??

Absolutely nothing wrong with that, he's acting like a professional IMO. He will have been told/know by now that he won't be here much longer, best he can do is just to keep going and get his pay off at the end of it.

professional  ...mmmm Mercenary springs to mind  .....in 95% of jobs if you fail you get sacked end of  ...sadly  not in the world of football management

Why should he resign when he knows he's getting sacked within days and is being treated like shit by his employer? I agree with the sentiment that a manager who isn't good enough and doesn't look like getting sacked should walk, but that's not the case here.

Training sessions would be a good opportunity for day drinking. Bring a couple lawn chairs; a grill. Cook up some burgers and dogs. Maybe smoke a little. Oh and a Frisbee. I wonder if he has a dog. I'd bring my dog.

You seen the weather over here? :lol:

Beginning to have a bit of sympathy for him now in some respects. I wouldn't walk away either, but talk of meetings for your boss only for them to p*ss you about is pathetic.

Absolutely no sympathy with the doylem for picking Riviere last week and all his other terrible matchday decisions, though.

I on the other hand have no sympathy.  They backed him with 80 million, and he has never looked like building anything resembling a consistent side. Now he gets a big pay off for being s****.  f*** him.

Not like paying him off is going to jeopardise our future funds though, we can easily afford it. Fuck the club for appointing someone so shit in the first place.

Training sessions would be a good opportunity for day drinking. Bring a couple lawn chairs; a grill. Cook up some burgers and dogs. Maybe smoke a little. Oh and a Frisbee. I wonder if he has a dog. I'd bring my dog.

You seen the weather over here? :lol:

:lol: No. It's nice over here today. Wishful thinking, I guess.

he is just hanging about for his money ... does he really think he can set foot in the dugout next Saturday ??

Absolutely nothing wrong with that, he's acting like a professional IMO. He will have been told/know by now that he won't be here much longer, best he can do is just to keep going and get his pay off at the end of it.

professional  ...mmmm Mercenary springs to mind  .....in 95% of jobs if you fail you get sacked end of  ...sadly  not in the world of football management

Why should he resign when he knows he's getting sacked within days and is being treated like shit by his employer? I agree with the sentiment that a manager who isn't good enough and doesn't look like getting sacked should walk, but that's not the case here.

Aye this would be an utterly ridiculous time to resign

Why should he resign when he knows he's getting sacked within days and is being treated like s*** by his employer? I agree with the sentiment that a manager who isn't good enough and doesn't look like getting sacked should walk, but that's not the case here.

you have your view I have mine ...the bloke is totally financially secure  why not do the honorable thing... the whole sporting nation thinks he should go .. the club clearly don't want him , the fans hate him and the players won't play for him  ... but I will tell you he is waiting for his pay off and not forgetting the pay off for his whole bloody entourage

Beginning to have a bit of sympathy for him now in some respects. I wouldn't walk away either, but talk of meetings for your boss only for them to p*ss you about is pathetic.

Absolutely no sympathy with the doylem for picking Riviere last week and all his other terrible matchday decisions, though.

I on the other hand have no sympathy.  They backed him with 80 million, and he has never looked like building anything resembling a consistent side. Now he gets a big pay off for being s****.  f*** him.

Not like paying him off is going to jeopardise our future funds though, we can easily afford it. Fuck the club for appointing someone so shit in the first place.

We all knew how it was likely to pan out. And now Ashley has finally had the wake up call he needed. But we know it was never from the football side of things. It was the fear of losing money.

Gob-smacked at some now having sympathy for SMC. He's not being treated like s*** whatsoever. He was given the opportunity to thrive and he didn't. He failed. So he's being sacked.

The fact he hasn't walked under this oh so terrible treatment is because he's agreed to stay so he can get the best leaving deal. I've got no problem with him being paid off. It's likely in a contract. But sympathy? Nah :lol:

The smug c***'s laughed at each and everyone of you for months.

http://cheekysport.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/newcastle-3-3-manchester-united-480x300.jpg

No sympathy.

Gob-smacked at some now having sympathy for SMC. He's not being treated like s*** whatsoever. He was given the opportunity to thrive and he didn't. He failed. So he's being sacked.

The fact he hasn't walked under this oh so terrible treatment is because he's agreed to stay so he can get the best leaving deal. I've got no problem with him being paid off. It's likely in a contract. But sympathy? Nah :lol:

The smug c***'s laughed at each and everyone of you for months.

totally and utterly agree  well said

However financially secure you are, let's say his compo is 1 million, that's still an absolutely huge amount to walk away from for no good reason at 50 something with an uncertain future income. It's not like him resigning right now would even particularly help the club.

RTG...

Getting a lambasting on ITV news for not handling the McLaren situation well.

They really do have a board that oushits ours every time

:lol:  fucking hell they have a 1 day memory?

Agree that feeling too sorry for him is daft, but suggesting he should resign now and is a c*** for not doing so is far sillier imo.

Well I, for one, didn't suggest that.

Despite my point...I do think the club should give him what he's due and sack him pronto. Would rather have temp staff in charge than a dead-manat walking.

Yeah it wasn't aimed at you and was a bit of an exaggeration, just to clear that up.

he should quit today and sue them for constructive dismissal and he'd probably get a few bob extra for the stress. must have a mackem for a lawyer.

RTG...

Getting a lambasting on ITV news for not handling the McLaren situation well.

They really do have a board that oushits ours every time

:lol:  fucking hell they have a 1 day memory?

Adam Johnson didn't happen. Stop living in the past. 3-0, 9-0 etc

Gob-smacked at some now having sympathy for SMC. He's not being treated like shit whatsoever. He was given the opportunity to thrive and he didn't. He failed. So he's being sacked.

The smug cunt's laughed at each and everyone of you for months.

Got no sympathy for him at all, doesn't mean that it hasn't been handled terribly. Should have been sacked on Tuesday (at the latest) when it became apparent to everyone that he was about to get sacked. Having him coming in taking training as a dead man walking two days in a row is embarrassing for all parties, and won't have done the team any good at all.

3rd March

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-desperate-state-would-pointless-10987126

Newcastle United should stick with Steve McClaren until the end of the season, believes columnist Rob Lee

10th March

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-must-make-change-11022792

Steve McClaren is still Newcastle United head coach, but columnist Rob Lee thinks it's definitely time to make a change

Don't dislike the bloke at all, so I won't be calling him names, like a child would, but he wasn't up to the job and there's no place for sentiment.

where are we in the premier league ?  how many goals do we concede compared to all else around us  ..I pay for a season ticket every year and have done so for over 30 years ....can I not blame this person for the predicament we are now in ??... people come on here and speak sense I admit  but we are in trouble  the laughing stock of the PL ! Either on the pitch or off GO and let us try to move on the best we can !!

3rd March

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-desperate-state-would-pointless-10987126

Newcastle United should stick with Steve McClaren until the end of the season, believes columnist Rob Lee

10th March

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-must-make-change-11022792

Steve McClaren is still Newcastle United head coach, but columnist Rob Lee thinks it's definitely time to make a change

:lol: