Steve McClaren

Dave

Only thing I'd blame him for was not starting Anita over Colback. We could have got Anita dropping in between or to the side of our CB's and got both Janmaat and Dummet bombing on to pin them back giving Gene and Perez more space. 

Otherwise there wasn't much he could do, especially after the red.

McClaren told BBC Sport after the game: "We were the better side by a distance. We controlled it, created chances and never looked like giving anything away at the back. Even with 10 men in the second half we still controlled it. Referee decisions are out of your control. "The defining moments were those two ref decisions he got wrong. Georginio Wijnaldum's ball was handballed by Lee Cattermole and the penalty for them was never a penalty. The penalty and red card was a double whammy. "In the first half the team were excellent. I was totally relaxed. We were in control. I said to players that's what we must continue. If we continue doing that and get decisions right then we'll do OK."

Agree with McClaren there, that was the least nervous I've felt watching a derby match for years before the red card. Fat Sam looked like he was absoulely shitting his pants for the first 45 mins and so did his pathetic excuse for a team.

Genuinely feel sorry for McClaren today. That was a fucking scandal

Agree with this.

I was one of the most anti-Steve McClaren on here before and since the appointment but I liked a lot of what I saw today.

The high positions of the fullbacks were great in the first half, the narrowing of Sissoko & Gini's roles and the set up of Perez/Mitro.

We were incredibly unlucky today. That pen was their first attack and we were in total control. Like 100% in control of the game.

Feel a bit for him.

Genuinely feel sorry for McClaren today. That was a f***ing scandal

Agree with this.

I was one of the most anti-Steve McClaren on here before and since the appointment but I liked a lot of what I saw today.

The high positions of the fullbacks were great in the first half, the narrowing of Sissoko & Gini's roles and the set up of Perez/Mitro.

We were incredibly unlucky today. That pen was their first attack and we were in total control. Like 100% in control of the game.

Feel a bit for him.

100% this. We are all over them first half. We played really well.

Genuinely feel sorry for McClaren today. That was a f***ing scandal

Agree with this.

Feel a bit for him.

I like him more after today, actually. Best derby performance in years (not much competition!) and he can't help that the ref was incredibly biased towards them.

He seemed to care, we played good stuff and he told the truth post-match. Starting Tiote wasnt great but I could cope with that - Anita isn't particularly great either.

What did he say after the game? I hope he told him the ref gave them 3 points today?

He was reserved, said he got more than 1 wrong but was reserved to say anything more. In his Boro days he used to go at them a bit more, but I think he got told off for it a few times. I think inside he is raging as much as we are.

What did he say after the game? I hope he told him the ref gave them 3 points today?

He was reserved, said he got more than 1 wrong but was reserved to say anything more. In his Boro days he used to go at them a bit more, but I think he got told off for it a few times. I think inside he is raging as much as we are.

When he was coming off the pitch at half time after the players, i thought he was going to get sent to the stands the way he was going at the officials. They actually all stopped walking towards the tunnel and waited for him to start walking again before following.

Meek doesn't even begin to describe their demeanor.

When he was coming off the pitch at half time after the players, i thought he was going to get sent to the stands the way he was going at the officials. They actually all stopped walking towards the tunnel and waited for him to start walking again before following.

Meek doesn't even begin to describe their demeanor.

Yeah, I noticed that as well, he was well pissed off. I would have very hard not to just say that the decision was atrocious and "blame" it on the ref. It was that awful.  Maybe it's a good thing I'm not a PL manager :D

Guest neesy111

Until a team actually walks off the pitch and goes home nothing will be done about the poor refereeing. So far we have had 2 matches this season where is doing that would have been ligitimate, today, and Arsenal.

If I saw an NUFC team walk off from a refereeing decision I'd never support them again.  It's cowardly and pathetic.

Until a team actually walks off the pitch and goes home nothing will be done about the poor refereeing. So far we have had 2 matches this season where is doing that would have been ligitimate, today, and Arsenal.

If I saw an NUFC team walk off from a refereeing decision I'd never support them again.  It's cowardly and pathetic.

Of course it isn't. Fucking hell, can't believe I'm agreeing with Stifler here.

We've been absolutely done today, once again, and you're effectively championing that we take it up the arse gladly. No penalties for a calendar year but hey, as long as you think that's fair and proper refereeing :thup:

erm, tbf you generally have to get players into the box, and have them fouled, for a penalty to be given. Getting them there in the first place was something we were loathe to do under pardew/carver. :lol: That we've gone long stretches without getting one isn't too shocking considering.

1 penalty awarded in the last 68 games I think. That came at Old Trafford in the 87th minute whilst we were 3-0 down...

...tie that in with the 13 red cards that we've been shown since the last time we've had a man advantage and it's the type of stat that gets you wondering and Jeff Stelling loves. 

Guest neesy111

Of course it isn't. Fucking hell, can't believe I'm agreeing with Stifler here.

We've been absolutely done today, once again, and you're effectively championing that we take it up the arse gladly. No penalties for a calendar year but hey, as long as you think that's fair and proper refereeing :thup:

Considering the situation we are in, I'd rather not want a points deduction this would bring.