Steve McClaren

Dave

"This Club has waited far too long to win a trophy. That's one of my primary objectives here.

"I've already won trophies as a manager, and a club the size of Newcastle United should be winning cups and finishing in the top eight in the Premier League.

"I'm determined to give the supporters of Newcastle United a team they can be proud of. The hard work starts now."

:thup:

"We recognise supporters' strong desire to win a trophy, an ambition which the Club now shares   as Mike Ashley made clear in his comments on the final day of the season. Steve is excited by this and he has our full support in trying to achieve this goal."

:lol: didn't share it before then

"Steve has been tasked to secure a top-eight finish in the Premier League and he is also heavily incentivised to try to win a cup competition."

Looking forward to the open top bus parade when we win the Northumberland Senior cup.

any mention of transfer kitty?

Really? :lol:

Well, you won't find any more distrustful than me, but the cup ambition is easy to fake/lie about. In the short term, money is the easiest way to prove them as liars/reformed.

Seems like we didn't quite learn our lesson with all those 8 year deals then :lol:

How the hell is that supposed to work, anyway? If he does well in the first three (top 8, win a cup?), does that mean there's an automatic 5 year add on? Or will he be on a one year rolling contract after that?

Anyway, I'm glad that the initial deal is only for three years, makes him very sackable (to even have to write this fifteen minutes after he has been appointed :lol:), which was always a big problem with Pardew.