Steve McClaren

Dave

I thought the Chronicle et al were all back in the club's good books?

Or are they all part of the Mirror group?

Chronicle and Mirror all part of Trinity Mirror.  Who knows whether the preferred media partner is the whole group or just selected titles from that group.

Shameful.

Where does this leave Lee Ryder.

Just looked on his twitter, he hasn't made any tweets for nearly a week now. Cunt's went on his holiday just as they are about to appoint a new manager.

Guest firetotheworks

Literally the first thing that's happened with him has been controlled by those above him. Absolute waste of time, all of it.

The club is full of w*****s and the media is generally full of w*****s too. I couldn't give a f*** how petty they want to be with each other.

My general view on things.

The club is full of w*****s and the media is generally full of w*****s too. I couldn't give a f*** how petty they want to be with each other.

This is true but the downside is that the media is the conduit to the fans.

This is true but the downside is that the media is the conduit to the fans.

and they only give a shit when they're offended personally so fuck em.

@dpcoverdale 

Steve McClaren gagged from speaking to any media outlet other than @SkySportsNewsHQ and @DailyMirror - #nufc's preferred media partners...

Pathetic. Same old shite - nothing changes.

Someone needs to tell them that the reason everyone hates them is because they make it impossible for people not to.

As George so eloquently puts it:

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes  32 mins32 minutes ago

#Nufc should be a beacon for the city: proud, connected, open. Instead, they're cold, dry, aloof. An idyll for payday lenders & tat-hawkers.

I must admit I'm not too fussed by it all, though it is probably counter productive. They write what they want anyway. I can't see McClaren being bothered or making some kind of stand. It makes things easier for him..

Literally the first thing that's happened with him has been controlled by those above him. Absolute waste of time, all of it.

:thup:

If he had any balls he would tell them to f*** off and speak to any journalist he wants on top of contractual obligations.

He probably loves an excuse to do less interviews.

Probably been practising his Geordie accent all holiday and now won't get to do it.

How you say, why eye.. man?

Really sets the tone. Nothing will ever change.

To block the local press says it all, really as the Caulkin has mentioned.

From .com:

Manager managed

Steve McClaren was at SJP on Wednesday afternoon to complete the formalities of his appointment as the new head coach of Newcastle United.

Interviewed by the club's own communications staff and representatives of Sky TV and Trinity Mirror, McClaren then departed without speaking to anyone else.

No press conference was staged - hardly an encouraging start to a new era of communication and openness....

Guest Gino14

It would help if we could at least get to hear of these interviews from the media outlets they will let him speak to.  I mean you don't need loads of media outlets for openness and getting the word out, but you do need for the interviews to be reported on promptly so we can find out what's going on.