Steve McClaren

Dave

Having processed it for a couple of hours, I admit that any optimism I have is born entirely from the desperation to support my club again. I really, really miss the feeling. Things are more than likely still absolute shit, like.

Its tiresome being negative all the time tbh. Was disappointed a few weeks ago, but with Carver & Stone gone and the prospect of a more unified board and coach, then there's something to get behind at least.

This is Ashley's Shepherd and Big Sam moment. A realisation that things have to change, that the past cannot continue. But unlike with FS, Ashley has no ambition for NUFC outside of how he wants the club to operate. The clash of interests if you like will meet head on at some point and there is only ever going to be one winner.

I will go on record here and now and state that McClaren will resign within the next 2 years. He has bought into this so-called new vision and new NUFC, as have lots of fans it sadly seems, but Ashley only cares about two things - SD and the huge revenues from TV that enables him to run NUFC without having to put his own money into things and the guaranteed huge exposure for SD through the millions watching.

Talk of the top 8 and cups and punching above our weight financially are soundbites penned by Kieth Bishop and aimed at the sad sacks who want to believe in that, which by the way is deeply sad given finishing 5th under Sir Bobby was once regarded as not good enough.

Support McClaren and this 'new' NUFC and all you are doing us deluding yourself further. Meet the new boss.... same as the old boss?

I won't be fooled again! Never!

Agree with most of that. Don't know much about the integrity or whatever you want to call it of McClaren, but you have to imagine if he has any then he will be off within two years.

Already licking Ashley's hoop in interviews I see.

Where?

The only real Pardism I detected from the Sky interview was "... at Derby, we was on course..."

... Oh God.

“When he [Mike Ashley] did the interview before the West Ham game,” said McClaren. “When he came out with drive and determination and focus and talked about the objectives he wanted to achieve, he said it with such verve and vigour I think everybody was convinced, everybody was rejuvenated by that."

“When he [Mike Ashley] did the interview before the West Ham game,” said McClaren. “When he came out with drive and determination and focus and talked about the objectives he wanted to achieve, he said it with such verve and vigour I think everybody was convinced, everybody was rejuvenated by that."

That is disgusting.  :lol:

Where?

The only real Pardism I detected from the Sky interview was "... at Derby, we was on course..."

... Oh God.

Oh Christ.

If he's left with last season's squad - we're f***ed.  Wait and see who comes in and who departs then judge him.  I think he's the best we can get at the moment.

I don't agree, if the club was ambitious we could and would do a lot better than McClaren.

Yeah but the club isn't. Hence 'at the moment'.

This is Ashley's Shepherd and Big Sam moment. A realisation that things have to change, that the past cannot continue. But unlike with FS, Ashley has no ambition for NUFC outside of how he wants the club to operate. The clash of interests if you like will meet head on at some point and there is only ever going to be one winner.

I will go on record here and now and state that McClaren will resign within the next 2 years. He has bought into this so-called new vision and new NUFC, as have lots of fans it sadly seems, but Ashley only cares about two things - SD and the huge revenues from TV that enables him to run NUFC without having to put his own money into things and the guaranteed huge exposure for SD through the millions watching.

Talk of the top 8 and cups and punching above our weight financially are soundbites penned by Kieth Bishop and aimed at the sad sacks who want to believe in that, which by the way is deeply sad given finishing 5th under Sir Bobby was once regarded as not good enough.

Support McClaren and this 'new' NUFC and all you are doing us deluding yourself further. Meet the new boss.... same as the old boss?

I won't be fooled again! Never!

Agree with most of that. Don't know much about the integrity or whatever you want to call it of McClaren, but you have to imagine if he has any then he will be off within two years.

I couldn't disagree more.

Chances are it's likely his last job in football, he'll be here for a long, long time to milk it for all it's worth unless he contrives to take us down/retires early.

So it begins...

In context he was saying it was one of the things that convinced him the club were serious About pushing on.

I couldn't disagree more.

Chances are it's likely his last job in football, he'll be here for a long, long time to milk it for all it's worth unless he contrives to take us down/retires early.

I think he'll walk if he gets the stick Pardew received.

Where?

... Oh God.

Christ. That is fucking awful.

In context he was saying it was one of the things that convinced him the club were serious About pushing on.

What a mug. :lol:

Context doesn't make it any better, he could have mentioned the interview as motivation without the other vomit inducing shite.

He's hardly going to start his new job by slagging the owner like. It's hard to hear, but it's inevitable.

Who expected him to do that and did he only have those 2 options?