Steve McClaren

Dave

Don't see why everybody is so impressed with this. Loads of platitudes the kind of which any manager expresses during mid season.

Yep, anyone can talk a good game, but I still think he will be an improvement on Allardyce and Pardew.

So do I, but I will reserve praise until I actually see some improvement on the pitch when it matters.

Don't feel the need to be updated by the manager on a regular basis. Presumably this is their attempt to improve the communication with fans and I'm sure some will appreciate it. I'd much prefer the spineless w*****s to front up and answer real questions and provide a bit of leadership and direction from the top. Bland, inane blurb from the only one who hasn't demonstrated himself to be an absolute c*** isn't quite the same. Meh.

Exactly. Those fan forum minutes were a shambles what with brushing "last season" under the carpet. A few remotely inoffensive and cliche laden emails from their new PR front man do not mean that they have fundamentally changed anything sadly.

If there's another manager emailing his clubs fanbase regularly with mindless bollocks then I'll hold my hands up. I suspect there's not though, so it tells me they know they've dug a massive fucking hole with the fans and are trying to get out of it in the shittest way possible.

If there's another manager emailing his clubs fanbase regularly with mindless bollocks then I'll hold my hands up. I suspect there's not though, so it tells me they know they've dug a massive fucking hole with the fans and are trying to get out of it in the shittest way possible.

There must be, surely. There might be an element of desperation for us though, you're right.

There must be, surely. There might be an element of desperation for us though, you're right.

It fucking stinks man [emoji38]

It's just another message they can control and they're doing it because season ticket sales have fallen badly and Mike was forced onto the TV.

Don't feel the need to be updated by the manager on a regular basis. Presumably this is their attempt to improve the communication with fans and I'm sure some will appreciate it. I'd much prefer the spineless w*****s to front up and answer real questions and provide a bit of leadership and direction from the top. Bland, inane blurb from the only one who hasn't demonstrated himself to be an absolute c*** isn't quite the same. Meh.

Exactly. Those fan forum minutes were a shambles what with brushing "last season" under the carpet. A few remotely inoffensive and cliche laden emails from their new PR front man do not mean that they have fundamentally changed anything sadly.

What are you expecting them to say about last season? While i agree they've made a consistant mess of everything, i dont actually get the point of them even bothering to address it at this point either really. Nothing but action on the pitch really means anything to anyone. Trying to get an admittance of failure on a public forum isnt really beneficial to the club, Ashley coming out was an admittance of defeat to be honest. They're run the club with poor intention & he either realises it causes it to fall apart or he doesnt. Again only action means anything, they've admitted screwing it up previously only to continue to do so.

Don't see why everybody is so impressed with this. Loads of platitudes the kind of which any manager expresses during mid season.

Yep, anyone can talk a good game, but I still think he will be an improvement on Allardyce and Pardew.

So do I, but I will reserve praise until I actually see some improvement on the pitch when it matters.

Before that we need improvement off the pitch, and with the old backroom staff gone and replaced by what looks like a substantially better one, at least we can comment on that. Then when the season gets underway we can look at that as well.

I want to enjoy our football again. I want to stop being so fucking miserable about Newcastle United.

To be fair, McClaren himself has said talk is cheap.

But we asked for better communication and at the minute, they're clearly making a bit of an effort. Whether they keep it up or not is another matter.  But I'm pleased its improved.

This essentially :thup: It's an improvement, and 10x better then anything we've had under Ashley until now. I'm not going to be negative about something that is somewhat positive just because it suits narrative.

I don't care what he does, it's positive that they're trying to reach out and have some dialect, however I don't feel that the real issues will get spoken about, but it's a start.

Right now, it's more important we get the right players in and out of the club, create a footballing philosophy and start winning some matches. He says the right things, let's see them in practice.

The communication thing has always been more of an issue when the shit hits the fan, in which case the club are always either silent or they come out with a few bitchy comments about the press being nasty to them. Reading about coaching methods and the like is a nice enough development but we'll see what their communication is like when real questions are being asked.

I'm loving these Dear John type of travel diary entries sent via emails. I look forward to getting the dirt on how Willo hilariously slipped and broke his leg near the pool, rendering him unpickable for the rest of the year, and how Obertan one day simply kept running, a la Forrest Gump, and hasn't returned since.

Is Ayoze not 100%? Just curious why he's been coming off the bench and not starting.

McClaren had some dodgy tapas on holiday in Tenerife and isn't prepared to let it go yet.