Steve McClaren

Dave

You've had it in for him since we appointed him tbf.

:lol: have i? i don't think so like but maybe, pretty sure i've not been one of the most vocal against him but anyway i stand by what i said about today

his subs were fucking shite, he was unable to see the game was going away from us and failed to change up the attack when it needed switching, and he started fucking obertan and colback/anita in CM

The progress in one competitive game has been evident, and the opening day is always a bit of a funny one. I'd have liked to see Aarons or Perez but I think the Anita injury probably put paid to that.

[emoji38] have i? i don't think so like but maybe, pretty sure i've not been one of the most vocal against him but anyway i stand by what i said about today

his subs were fucking shite, he was unable to see the game was going away from us and failed to change up the attack when it needed switching, and he started fucking obertan and colback/anita in CM

Seems to me whenever I've read your posts in pre-season you've been exceedingly negative about him and picked up on the smallest of things and went ott.

Honestly starting obertan over Perez is a sackable offence already. I know i said I'd give him a good chance but thicker than thick decision

Disgraceful but unsurprising decision.

Ayoze 'cheap foreign kid'.

Obertan 'experienced, OMG he played for United'

This is how McClaren mind works.

Honestly starting obertan over Perez is a sackable offence already. I know i said I'd give him a good chance but thicker than thick decision

Disgraceful but unsurprising decision.

Ayoze 'cheap foreign kid'.

Obertan 'experienced, OMG he played for United'

This is how McClaren mind works.

Jesus wept.

I could understand the lineup and Obertan was the only truly contentious decision. But I don't understand them subs, all of them seemed wrong.

But the attempts to form an actually coherent system going forward was evident. It'll take time but the early signs are promising. It's a shame our pre-season was so terrible and no one's match fit.

None of the subs added anything sadly. Mitrovic for Cisse was fair enough but Mitrovic acted like a tit as soon as he came on. Anita for Tiote was enforced but a better way to go would probably have been bringing De Jong on instead and pushing Wijnaldum back. Last sub had to be Aarons or Perez. That was madness.

[emoji38] have i? i don't think so like but maybe, pretty sure i've not been one of the most vocal against him but anyway i stand by what i said about today

Seems to me whenever I've read your posts in pre-season you've been exceedingly negative about him and picked up on the smallest of things and went ott.

perhaps, in some respects, but i think where i've gone OTT is with him making the same mistakes as his predecessors which he's still fucking doing :lol:

i'll restate that i think it's clear he's a better manager than we've had, and the change in the coaching staff and the positive effect of that is obvious, but he's the manager and he's got to do better than he did today with the in game stuff

Going to have to change the way we defend if that's our starting back line otherwise we're going to concede a boat load of goals. Either need to push up and out or instruct Krul to come for everything.

None of the subs added anything sadly. Mitrovic for Cisse was fair enough but Mitrovic acted like a tit as soon as he came on. Anita for Tiote was enforced but a better way to go would probably have been bringing De Jong on instead and pushing Wijnaldum back. Last sub had to be Aarons or Perez. That was madness.

Wijnaldum ran out of gas tbf

I think I can start to enjoy the football again. He's no managerial genius, but he is at least a qualified coach who seems to get the basics right. Great to see us getting bodies in the box after 5 years of 8 men back defending.