Steve McClaren

Dave

Anita

“I think it helps the manager has experience of Dutch football and has a style fairly similar to what I would be used to in Holland.

“The way he sets his team up is fairly similar to a lot of Dutch sides and the role I am playing now is the most similar to the one I used to play in at Ajax.

“Hopefully, that will mean I can fit in more easily than maybe before.”

Nice little tonic for those saying McClaren was worse than Pardew (at the time of his appointment).

:facepalm:

Anita

“I think it helps the manager has experience of Dutch football and has a style fairly similar to what I would be used to in Holland.

“The way he sets his team up is fairly similar to a lot of Dutch sides and the role I am playing now is the most similar to the one I used to play in at Ajax.

Nice little tonic for those saying McClaren was worse than Pardew (at the time of his appointment).

It's an attractive fiction, alas, a fiction nonetheless. I don't recall anyone saying that. In fact, most were saying they would take an orangutan over Pardew, and McLaren, while close in terms of hair colour, is still a step up.

Anita

It's an attractive fiction, alas, a fiction nonetheless. I don't recall anyone saying that. In fact, most were saying they would take an orangutan over Pardew, and McLaren, while close in terms of hair colour, is still a step up.

Funnily enough Pardew was followed by an orangutan into the hot seat and he managed to lose 8 games in a row before shambling off into the sunset with some peanuts and a can of LCL.

I

:lol: Speaking of John Carver, he was in Toronto this past weekend! And as usual, his midas touch was in full force, making us lose at home. f***ing w*****. He needs to be barred from stadiums.

I don't think the self-proclaimed best coach in the world is welcome anywhere.

McClaren has done more to improve our performance in one game than Pardew did here in his entire spell here.  To think of the players that piece of shit wasted while he was here and some of the shite we churned out.

McClaren has done more to improve our performance in one game than Pardew did here in his entire spell here.  To think of the players that piece of shit wasted while he was here and some of the shite we churned out.

:lol: We're going to be a normal team again now. Where players play in their correct positions, pass and move and play football and stuff.

And your a critic of McClaren too.

:lol: We're going to be a normal team again now. Where players play in their correct positions, pass and move and play football and stuff.

So far it's felt like recovering from a terminal illness and long may it continue.

And your a critic of McClaren too.

I'm not a critic, I just don't believe he deserved the job and I hadn't seen anything to praise him for, that part has changed.

So far the signs are good and if he keeps it up he will get more praise.  All I want from him now is to pick the best players when they are fit to play, if he does that he'll get as long as he needs if he's working on improving us and delivering.

Jesus Mick, is that ..... optimism?

O0

I can't remember how optimism feels as far as football goes, I'm optimistic that we've turned a corner while pissed off that we persevered with 2 pricks for far too long.

Yep. Based on us clearly trying to change tack from previous seasons, I think we'll finish the season with a goal difference probably just either side of zero, and probably a midtable finish. But, along the way, we'll be criticising defensive howlers moreso than anything. As opposed to the entire thing just being completely wrong on every square inch of the pitch. Doesn't set the pulses racing but it's preferable to wanting us to lose.

There's a massive difference having some people on the sidelines who are actually thinking about how to improve us, that's my main feeling so far. Watching Cathro and McClaren plotting on Sunday couldn't be more different from anyone else we've had recently.

I'm not saying we're going to be class, but I think the days of every player declining and the team being a mess are behind us for a while.

Anita

Did anyone on here say that? Cronky doesn't count.

Anita

Not that I remember, a healthy number didn't want him (myself included) but I can't remember anyone stooping to that level.

Anita

Not even brett.