Steve McClaren

Dave

The blokes on Sunday Supplement gave McClaren a mention. They said he'd be nuts to take our job, as would any manager above Sunday league level.

they're not wrong especially in the current situation

Why do we have to stay up? We're just making up the numbers in the top flight.

We don't and quite honestly not bothered if we go down, I would love to see us have the passion like Leicester etc they may be constantly up and down and a bit s*** but better than constantly aiming for mid table. The championship seems a more fun league anyway and im fed up of us just meandering along not really doing much.

If we went down, shed all of our s*** and started using youth I would get 1000% more enjoyment than the last few years.

Really can't disagree with that, if we've been told we're actively never going to try to win anything again, that what's left? Being a yo-yo club, like the makems might actually be somewhat appealing, at least once in a while you get to hammer everyone for a season :lol:

Except it won't be like that this time around.

This.

The only reason the Championship was fun was because we pissed it, not a chance people will enjoy it whilst we are in mid table or fighting relegation. There is no Andy Carroll, and there is no Tim Krul this time around to save us. Non of our current squad has loyalty like Nolan and Barton who stayed and fought did. If we are stuck in the Championship for a few years all Ashley will do is cut costs more, any acedemy players who look half decent will be sold at the earliest opportunity instead of retaining them for a promotion fight. Everything will be the same as now, except instead of aiming to survivor in the Premiership we will be aiming to survive in the Championship.

Nothing will be won by us being relegated.

Not to mention no-one will give Ashley the fee he's looking for to buy the club whilst we're a shitty Championship club.

Yeah, that as well.

People using Leeds as an example of what to aspire too, come on man. This is the club who took a further step down, can't get a manager who is good enough, immediately sells any player they have instead of pushing on. Their on fans hoping Red Bull take over them and destroy their heritage just so they can get back into the Premiership.

We got our get out of jail card the last time we went down, thats not happening this time, this time we will be a forgotten club like Ipswich, Nottingham Forest, etc. All of you lot will be saying that you won't go to a match until we show some sort of ambition to get promoted, except this time you won't have links to watch them match online or in the pub. This time it's go to the match or watch a few minutes of highlights in the middle of the night. How exactly is that going to help any boycott to get Ashley out?

People saying relegation will be the best thing that can happen to us are cutting of their own nose, legs, and arms just to spite, and are deluded to think that it's all going to end well. This time if we fall in the shit we aren't going to come up smelling like roses.

I'm not happy about McClaren probably being our manager, however if he does come in this week and we do get the managers bounce and stay up then we have a platform o build next season. At least next season we can ramp up the Ashley out campaign, McClaren should be good enough to keep us up next season and he would be giving us fans time to get our club back.

I'm not happy about McClaren at all but we're in such a desperate position now. I'm sure he'd get 1 win from our last 3 games to see us safe and generally give us a no thrills safe season next term. That may just tide us over until Ashley sells up at which point we can replace him with a good manager.

I'm hoping we only give McClaren a two year contract. Hopefully by the time that's up Ashely will have sold and a new owner can make a proper appointment.

Guest antz1uk

you've been wounded too much by the Ashley era, a proper owner wouldn't give a shit about the length of someone's contract, if they wanted their own man in they'd get shot, there's only this fat b'stard that thinks about saving pennies

you've been wounded too much by the Ashley era, a proper owner wouldn't give a shit about the length of someone's contract, if they wanted their own man in they'd get shot, there's only this fat b'stard that thinks about saving pennies

True enough but I don't like the idea of giving McClaren a long contract anyway.

Guest antz1uk

you've been wounded too much by the Ashley era, a proper owner wouldn't give a s*** about the length of someone's contract, if they wanted their own man in they'd get shot, there's only this fat b'stard that thinks about saving pennies

True enough but I don't like the idea of giving McClaren a long contract anyway.

i'm with you on that, it's on a par with the Pardew appointment (excuse the pun)

Can help but think his appointment would be the worst long term for us. He would probably just about keep us up this season, then after that we would be around 11th-15th.

Think his appointment would knock any momentum for AshleyOut and most fans would accept it just like under Pardew.

What is the obsession about staying in the PL?

It's a Murdoch run, greed obsessed waste of time.

I was watching a video on YouTube of us staying up in 92. I wax here for that and players gave a s***.

f*** it, I'd rather we set up FC United of Newcastle, look what the Manchester club has done. It would be amazing to be involved in something like that and what be something we could be proud of. Who cares about Europe? The same teams will always be there, year after year.

Had enough of it all

Go ahead then, it won't happen by itself.

Apologies soopafan

“Absolutely nothing has been agreed (with Newcastle) – absolutely nothing. What is happening at Newcastle, I do not know, you will have to ask them. You will have to ask Newcastle what their plans are.”

Source: www.internet.com

I was watching a video on YouTube of us staying up in 92. I wax here for that and players gave a s***.

f*** it, I'd rather we set up FC United of Newcastle, look what the Manchester club has done. It would be amazing to be involved in something like that and what be something we could be proud of. Who cares about Europe? The same teams will always be there, year after year.

Had enough of it all

Apologies soopafan

On a more serious note, I'm in favour of it, it's a good idea.

Had enough of it all

Apologies soopafan

:thup:

Guest Bert Shaft

Had enough of it all

Apologies soopafan

Seeing as the Manc clubs initials are FCUM, a new team should be called

Club

United

Newcastle

Tyneside

I'll get me coat  :-X ;D

Had enough of it all

Apologies soopafan

I agree, wanted something like this to happen for years but how do you go about starting?

Also copying FCUM I think lacks originality.

Surely simply Newcastle Football Club.

Losing the United is symbolic as that club is far from. One day we may be united but until fans have a controlling stake in a club we will always just be a rich mans plaything in this modern era.

but.... nowt will happen

IF he came and saved us this season he would at least generate a bit of goodwill for himself for next season. However it looks like they are going to do nothing as it stands meaning it is likely we are going to get relegated. You couldn't make it up.

It's Sunday. I know the club hasn't given you reasons to expect any kind of decisive action, but if anything happens it's going to be tomorrow.

He must be sacked; no player will want to play for him after the way he lost the plot.

NBC pundits here made a good point in saying that maybe some of the reason Carver has come out and said that shit after the match was that he knew his time was done here. Silver lining thought and all that.

Then they went on to mention that McClaren would come in Monday and save the club from relegation.