Steve McClaren

Dave

I reckon McClaren could do quite well, I think he massively understimated the scale of what he needed to do though. Shame he's walked into an utterly poisonous environment

Pardew has changed everything at this club. Before he came a manager was expected to make an impact regardless of his backing in the market, or otherwise. Since Pardew managers apparently have a free pass because the squad isn't great.

He's shown absolutely f***ing nothing in 6 months in the job, nothing. And I said this about Pardew tbf.

And for all the s*** players in the squad he still has Sissoko, Mitrovic, Perez, Wijnaldum, Janmaat, Mbemba and arguably a couple more who aren't utter garbage.

He's coaxed one performance out of them the entire season, one, and we were even the worst team for most of that game.

You do realise Keegan has just said this, don't you?

I don’t think he (McClaren) realised how poor the squad was when he took over. Those players remind me of when I took over all those years ago when they were in the second division.

Yes I saw that, so f***? It's proof of what I'm saying, Keegan coached improvement he didn't have to buy it from the off.

The squad is poor but it's simply not 2 wins from 13 poor like.

The manager is s*** and that shows.

I don't know the exact figures, but when he came to start with he survived by the skin of his teeth (which he recognises in the statement) and his second time took a while for his first win. As good as the bloke is, he's not a magician

I reckon McClaren could do quite well, I think he massively understimated the scale of what he needed to do though. Shame he's walked into an utterly poisonous environment

Pardew has changed everything at this club. Before he came a manager was expected to make an impact regardless of his backing in the market, or otherwise. Since Pardew managers apparently have a free pass because the squad isn't great.

He's shown absolutely f***ing nothing in 6 months in the job, nothing. And I said this about Pardew tbf.

And for all the s*** players in the squad he still has Sissoko, Mitrovic, Perez, Wijnaldum, Janmaat, Mbemba and arguably a couple more who aren't utter garbage.

He's coaxed one performance out of them the entire season, one, and we were even the worst team for most of that game.

I don’t think he (McClaren) realised how poor the squad was when he took over. Those players remind me of when I took over all those years ago when they were in the second division.

Yes I saw that, so f***? It's proof of what I'm saying, Keegan coached improvement he didn't have to buy it from the off.

I don't know the exact figures, but when he came to start with he survived by the skin of his teeth (which he recognises in the statement) and his second time took a while for his first win. As good as the bloke is, he's not a magician

Was 8-10 games before we won 2nd time iirc but you could see signs of improvement.

First time the club had no money to buy their way out so he did on the training pitch.

This is the point I'm making.

Was 8-10 games before we won 2nd time iirc but you could see signs of improvement.

First time the club had no money to buy their way out so he did on the training pitch.

But that's no different. We've seen signs of improvement this time, then its disappeared. As for his first time (and I should be able to remember as I was going then), I'm pretty sure we finished 5 bottom and believe me there wasn't a massive improvement in performances as Keegan recognises.

But that's no different. We've seen signs of improvement this time, then its disappeared. As for his first time (and I should be able to remember as I was going then), I'm pretty sure we finished 5 bottom and believe me there wasn't a massive improvement in performances as Keegan recognises.

I've seen almost nothing personally.

And regardless of what Keegan said, just like Pardew used to cry about, McClaren is managing a squad of international players.

A better manager, like Keegan, gets more out of this squad. That's the start and end of it imo.

And regardless of what Keegan said, just like Pardew used to cry about, McClaren is managing a squad of international players.

A better manager, like Keegan, gets more out of this squad. That's the start and end of it imo.

Agree.

Most PL sides have internationals, it means nowt, it's not like any of our lot are particularly prominent in good international sides anyway. Simple fact is, this is about the 15th best squad in the league sitting in 17th, a genuinely world class manager/miracle worker would have them in 12th at best.

I wasn't too concerned going into last week's game against Leicester, but it was a huge step backward. Our worst performance of the season. It was much more alarming to me than our current league position. We need to snap out of it straight away.

I wasn't too concerned going into last week's game against Leicester, but it was a huge step backward. Our worst performance of the season. It was much more alarming to me than our current league position. We need to snap out of it straight away.

You weren't concerned after the Bournemouth game?

Keegan comparisons? My God.

Keegan 2nd stint started halfway through a season and it took him about 2 months to figure everyone out. SMC had all pre-season.

There were clear signs of progress a few weeks ago, IMO. Obviously the last 2 games have been rubbish but we were looking a somewhat competent team that was finding some balance and form going forward for 4/5 matches.

What? 2 games? Awful at Bournemouth as well. Kept a clean sheet against the second lowest scoring team in the division at home in Stoke. Awful.

The only thing SMC has introduced is tactical movements that look interesting but don't contribute to anything tangible for example - Anita to RB as Janmaat pushes forward. And now we play some nice stuff within our own half on occasion. That's it. That's not progress.

The previous 5 games includes a defeat to Sunderland and a battering against City. Some games before include a home losses to Sheffield United & Watford.

I like my "clear signs of progress" to come with some wins.

:thup:. McClaren is s***. We would be comfortably midtable under a half decent manager.

If, by midtable, you mean 10th/11th, I think you're grossly underestimating the deficiencies of the squad. We simply don't have a very good team.

Most of the bottom half have poor teams, they also have managers who can knit them into a team and coax performances.

:thup:. McClaren is s***. We would be comfortably midtable under a half decent manager.

If, by midtable, you mean 10th/11th, I think you're grossly underestimating the deficiencies of the squad. We simply don't have a very good team.

Most of the bottom half have poor teams, they also have managers who can knit them into a team and coax performances.

From the 6 teams directly above us, we have more quality than a maximum of 3 of them (Watford, WBA & Norwich). Watford is out of ignorance and WBA is very close. We are a bottom 6/7 team as a whole. We could do better with a good manager but the team is crap regardless.

From the 6 teams directly above us, we have more quality than a maximum of 3 of them (Watford, WBA & Norwich). Watford is out of ignorance and WBA is very close. We are a bottom 6/7 team as a whole. We could do better with a good manager but the team is crap regardless.

here we go again, stoke and palace aren't that much ahead of us if at all, they just have better spines

that takes you to 10th in the league man, mid table, which is where we should arguably be ffs

The squad we have and the talent at our disposal should see us mid table easily.  Yes, we have deficiencies but so does every other club outside the money boys.  You can't look at the likes of Palace or WBA and say our squad is worse than theirs, our manager on the other hand....

We were poor against Bournemouth for sure. Based on quality chances created though, I would have said we were more unlucky against Stoke than lucky against Bournemouth, so its swings and roundabouts. If that's the best Bournemouth can do when clearly on top in a game, they will be relegated. I think most people would say we were hard done by against the mackems.

So going into last week's game, I thought we could have easily had a couple of more points on the board. Our defending against Leicester though was simply inept. We also failed to create anything at home, while losing, against one of the leagues' worst defences. Based on that alone, you'd have to say we looked like a cert for relegation. There were no positive signs at all.

The squad we have and the talent at our disposal should see us mid table easily.  Yes, we have deficiencies but so does every other club outside the money boys.  You can't look at the likes of Palace or WBA and say our squad is worse than theirs, our manager on the other hand....

i was just thinking about the TCD's post before and aye stoke and palace may have ostensibly better squads than ours but one of them has fucking pardew as manager and the other has hughes who is above average at absolute best

the original point was a good manager gets more out of the squad and we're not in relegation trouble :lol:

a mid-table squad has a defense fit for purpose we do not I look at wbas and palaces squads and see while they're not great they can at least fucking defend

Guest antz1uk

hahahahahahahahahahaha he is aboslutely clueless and completely spineless. yet another fucking scapegoat, Cisse is lazy, uniterested and has wanted to be away from her for yonks. hope we go down