Steve McClaren

Dave

I've just caught up with the Benitez interview. The club must be absolute mugs if they don't do whatever it takes to get him asap if he wants to return to the Premier League. The only other clubs that could potentially be interested in him that he'd consider going to would be Everton as Martinez isn't exactly held in high regard at the minute and maybe Chelsea again if they fail to secure a top target.

Give him a mega bonus for keeping us up. Sorted, build for mediocrity and cups (which he is good at) next season. Makes far too much sense though.

Harsh he's a very good manager imo

I know but our squad ain't going any higher without more major reconstruction, regardless of manager I suspect.

I've just caught up with the Benitez interview. The club must be absolute mugs if they don't do whatever it takes to get him asap if he wants to return to the Premier League. The only other clubs that could potentially be interested in him that he'd consider going to would be Everton as Martinez isn't exactly held in high regard at the minute and maybe Chelsea again if they fail to secure a top target.

Give him a mega bonus for keeping us up. Sorted, build for mediocrity and cups (which he is good at) next season. Makes far too much sense though.

Harsh he's a very good manager imo

I know but our squad ain't going any higher without more major reconstruction, regardless of manager I suspect.

I think it's a lower mid table squad personally, one of our main problems is lack of leadership from the manager.

Obviously this is all irrelevant as the chances of us getting him are slim to none.

I can't help but look at that list and think Chris Hughton is the last manager we sacked :(

And yet you have Ginola of all people on the radio this morning going on about us keep changing managers creating a lack of stability.

The club have been sleepwalking into a relegation for a while now. Nothing was learned by end of season last year.

Ashley just can't seem to get anything right when it comes to this club. He put the money up as he said he would this season, only this time he put the wrong people in charge to spend it.

The season will continue as is while McClaren is here and if he stays, the only thing that will keep us up is how shite the other teams around us might be. Sunderland look the more likely to survive at this point.

The main problem is he as a man just doesn't seem inspiring, I actually don't think the way he sets us up is usually that bad (3 at the back experiments aside). I just can't picture him getting the players to run that extra yard for him and don't really see that ever changing.

Almost anyone on this board could pick an eleven, put them in a reasonable formation and tell them how you want them to play. It's actually getting them to do that successfully which is the hard part, and he just doesn't seem to be able to.

The main problem is he as a man just doesn't seem inspiring, I actually don't think the way he sets us up is usually that bad (3 at the back experiments aside). I just can't picture him getting the players to run that extra yard for him and don't really see that ever changing.

Almost anyone on this board could pick an eleven, put them in a reasonable formation and tell them how you want them to play. It's actually getting them to do that successfully which is the hard part, and he just doesn't seem to be able to.

absolutely this is the problem, the players run out on the pitch just to get away from him, not to play for him.

Aye.

One thing this mob needed was some semblance of team spirit drilled into them and he hasn't done it. They won't work for him and they won't work for each other. There are also far too many quiet players, lead by captain silence himself.

The issue is one of ambition, and the lack of it has percolated drip by drip from top down, making its way into the soil at SJP and (lasagna-warning) the DNA of everyone at the club.

We keep appointing managers who have no sense of ambition for their own fucking careers, let alone instilling an ethos in whichever club they take over. Basically, as Americans would say, it's a loser-mentality and once it settles in, you need a larger-than-life, KK-like figure to lift the gloom. Which we clearly are not going to get. Sigh.

McClaren also came in to a squad with no morale and had an extremely difficult fixture list to contend with. It was hard for him to generate any kind of momentum. Guess he should have turned it around by now, but he's fighting against the culture of the entire club.

McClaren also came in to a squad with no morale and had an extremely difficult fixture list to contend with. It was hard for him to generate any kind of momentum. Guess he should have turned it around by now, but he's fighting against the culture of the entire club.

I think his 6 months before he even came to NUFC, after turning us down twice, showed his own failure to, ahem, launch Derby into the Prem. He brought his own failed culture with him and added to the complex cocktail of failure we've established at the club.

The fixture list is the same for every fucker though.

A larger-than-life, ambitious, seasoned and modern manager (like Rafa, just as an example), can work absolute wonders for not just our squad but the entire club. And may end up making Ashley even more money by actually finishing higher in the league. But the fat cunt simply hasn't worked this simple nugget of wisdom out after owning a football club all these years.

I think players either thought Pardew was a tit or enjoyed the easy ride they got under his stewardship. An allowance for woeful performances and ready-made excuses for every scenario. Every player who had a comment to make on the Europa League, for example, followed the same rhetoric Pardew did.

A larger-than-life, ambitious, seasoned and modern manager (like Rafa, just as an example), can work absolute wonders for not just our squad but the entire club. And may end up making Ashley even more money by actually finishing higher in the league. But the fat cunt simply hasn't worked this simple nugget of wisdom out after owning a football club all these years.

Rafa Benitez is obviously an intelligent football man but larger-than-life? Have a word. :lol: