Steve McClaren

Dave

Well what I mean is, if we do enough to stay up there's no way he'll be sacked.

Genuinely don't think he'll be sacked even if we go down.

Given the amount of money we'd lose I think we'd sack him.

The being said, giving him those 18 days does indicate he's here for the foreseeable.

I actually think there's a bigger chance of us sacking him if we stay up. If we only just stay up, they might look at the useless bastard and say "Sorry Schteve, this isn't what we expected from you, get the fuck out", while if we go down they'll look to save money on sacking him and finding a new manager and think that he's a decent manager to get us back up.

I actually think there's a bigger chance of us sacking him if we stay up. If we only just stay up, they might look at the useless bastard and say "Sorry Schteve, this isn't what we expected from you, get the fuck out", while if we go down they'll look to save money on sacking him and finding a new manager and think that he's a decent manager to get us back up.

If we stay up and sack him that's an admission of failure on the boards part and you know they are on top of the job and have everything under control, a mistake is simply not possible[emoji38]

If we do stop up (and I don't think we will) the club will celebrate it as the Great Escape, and declare McClaren to be a magician in keeping us up. It's all about the bottom line and controlling the message that comes with it.

Guest chopey

There's a cracking article in true faith today that basically states that Charnley, Carr and the rest of the Muppets that run the club backed McLaren so much that there own futures are tied to how well he does and by sacking him they are basically confirming to Ashley that there not fit to run the club

Lose tonite and Saturday is going to be a long hard day for him at the office. Think those who haven't turned on him yet, will do so if it doesn't go well.

If we come out of the next 2 games pointless then it's fucked, we have an opportunity now to get a bit of daylight between ourselves and Norwich/Sunderland if he can't do that then there's no hope (I realise this has been established already #wait). Fans will start to turn en masse.

There's a cracking article in true faith today that basically states that Charnley, Carr and the rest of the Muppets that run the club backed McLaren so much that there own futures are tied to how well he does and by sacking him they are basically confirming to Ashley that there not fit to run the club

#

This is how I view it as well.  There is no way Charnley will sack McClaren - if it happens, it will be because Ashley has made the decision for them.

It's nothing that people haven't been saying anyway, the only part I'd differ with is that Ashley is in no position to sack this lot either because ultimately he sanctioned an incompetent MD to make these clueless appointments. He really doesn't have a wise head to turn to other than a chin wag over a pint with Joe Kinnear maybe.

Sat with tears in my eyes at virtually every post referring to him as a useless c***[emoji38]

He's so universally accepted as toilet it's unreal, he's so bad I can't understand why The College Dropout isn't defending him to the hilt.

Never wanted him here in the first place. Has actually been backed pretty well too at this point.

Sat with tears in my eyes at virtually every post referring to him as a useless c***[emoji38]

He's so universally accepted as toilet it's unreal, he's so bad I can't understand why The College Dropout isn't defending him to the hilt.

Never wanted him here in the first place. Has actually been backed pretty well too at this point.

Yep, fair play you've been consistent on disliking the cunt.